Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Forum Beers Part Deux

Options
  • 10-03-2010 12:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Righto..i've been bullied into throwing this out there...anybody got any good suggestions for dates and venues?
    I was thinking sometime around 23rd-24th of April but lets see what everybody thinks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I moved this to a thread of it's own, because I really don't think the Feedback thread is the place for organising beers.

What was Windsock talking about Glasnevin Cemetary? Is it the tour she was on about?

If we do do that, we should contact the tour guide and tell him there's a group of us coming down from t'internet, he might do us a special or an extended tour or something.

He's a really nice fella, I did the tour last year (Easter last year afaik, I think there were free tours on)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Degsy wrote: »
    Righto..i've been bullied into throwing this out there...anybody got any good suggestions for dates and venues?
    I was thinking sometime around 20th of April but lets see what everybody thinks.

Shiite..i meant to start a new thread :rolleyes:

I didn't bully you :(

Des wrote: »
    I didn't bully you :(

Glad to hear it son :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

do it on a bleedin saturday this time fordeluvvinhonourofjaysus.

If you go to glasnevin it'd be into the gravediggers for the pleasure of being ignored by the snotty barmen :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Bambi wrote: »
    If you go to glasnevin it'd be into the gravediggers for the pleasure of being ignored by the snotty barmen :mad:

I don't think everyone would share that opinion.

Bambi wrote: »
    do it on a bleedin saturday this time fordeluvvinhonourofjaysus.

Dont swaet it,we have lots of time so we can organise a suitable date and venue.
    Maybe des or somebody can sticky it with a poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah Glasnevin Cemetary & Goldiggers sounds good.

Maybe des or somebody can sticky it with a poll?
    What do you want in the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

You love us that much Degsy!?

Glasnevin? hmmmm. Also you do know 20th is a Tuesday?

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    What do you want in the poll?

Dates i suppose...the date with the most votes gets it.

Tbh,i'd prefer city centre pubs to somewhere like the gravediggers..its a bus journey from town and not everybody's cup of tea,also tends to be quite jammed at the weekends.

Tbh,i'd prefer city centre pubs to somewhere like the gravediggers..its a bus journey from town and not everybody's cup of tea,also tends to be quite jammed at the weekends.

+1

The FLowing Tide was handy, and wasn't too packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the bachelor inn?

pint is cream in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'd be up for town more than Glasnevin, though anywhere Norf of the river is fine for me.

I say Hop House followed by Fibbers :)

1968 wrote: »
    I don't think everyone would share that opinion.

I used to like the place but the last coupla times i was in the barmen acted like if you werent a regular then you were been done a favour just to get served, especially around closing. Plus it's jammed everytime i've been there

the bachelor inn?

pint is cream in there

last time i was in there one of the resident ould boy's almost shuffled off this mortal coil right in the doorway..nice pint though alright

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

the bachelor inn?

pint is cream in there

Yep. A place with good pints is essential.

The Guinness was woeful in the Flowing Tide.... although I found over that whole week Guinness anywhere on Abbey street was a bit dodgey tasting.

Yep. A place with good pints is essential.

The Guinness was woeful in the Flowing Tide.... although I found over that whole week Guinness anywhere on Abbey street was a bit dodgey tasting.

This is why I drink pint bottles, always the same good quality drink no matter where you buy it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Hey can i tag along??? Ive moved from Laois back to Dublin, I was at a beers in Dublin about a year ago or so now, but now that im back in Dublin, i was wondering if can relocate forum too hahaha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Bachelor is a bit of a run down old man pub in fairness though. Cheap drink though, is that the anchor here lads, cheap drink? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Well lots of us actually are run down old men!

Jay D wrote: »
    Cheap drink though, is that the anchor here lads, cheap drink? :pac:

That and a reasonable pub to serve it in and a decent pint too!

This thread died on its arse anyway :D 4th or 5th June anyone? Or the weekend afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The Guinness was always good in the Batchelor and it was an old man's pub, just to be my Grandda's pub, grand place for a few quiet pints and a bit of craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Is this beers or going to a graveyard? I'm up for the former but not the latter.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The Guinness was always good in the Batchelor and it was an old man's pub, just to be my Grandda's pub, grand place for a few quiet pints and a bit of craic.

ive been going there for years, great pint. one of my fondest memories is going in as a chisler with my grandfather for crackers and cheese

Dord wrote: »
    Is this beers or going to a graveyard? I'm up for the former but not the latter.

Bingo.:D

Lower Deck for the beers anyone?:D

Throw a few suiggestions out there and des or one of them can stick up a poll on where to have it.
    It worked well enough for the last After Hours beers.

Bingo.:D

Lower Deck for the beers anyone?:D

will i have a chat with liam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Anyone got a lend for this for me? Go on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement