Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile with GPS & Skype

Options
  • 10-03-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

After owning my trusty Nokia 6230i for a good four years now I think I'm finally ready for a change. I'll be in north america from august and I plan on bringing this new phone with me. My only requirements really are that it has GPS & Skype/Voip capabilities. I was looking at the Nokia N85 online but its a bit more expensive than I am prepared to pay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

A Nokia is priced like a Nokia no matter where you buy it. Wait until you get home and choose a phone for free on pay monthly over here.

The only operator offering Skype capability over 3G and Skype for free in Ireland is 3.

Believe it or not were way ahead of some other countries in terms of mobile Technology. Just think back to the playstation days, were a nation of gadget freaks. Here's nearly the best place to buy. You may pay a little bit more but your getting good service and a warranty you can come back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭mooneyd

Whats your price range?
    if you want to go with 3 to have the skype. (which isnt free over in the US, so really any phone is an option but 3 would be best for when your here)

You have,
    Nokia 5230 (Just €99)
    Nokia N97
    Nokia 6700
    Nokia X6

Sony W995,
    Sony Vivaz

Advertisement