Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What checks to do before buying a second hand Hyundai Coupe 2006 fx

• 10-03-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I'm on the lookout for a 2006 Hyundai Coupe FX and will probably buy private as they are between 1000-2k cheaper than going to a dealer.

Other than the standard checks when buying a second hand car are there any particular checks for the 2006 Hyundai Coupe FX. (1.6 engine) I plan on running a motorcheck on it too but that doesn't cover the likes class C insurance company write offs . e.g too econimical to repair.

Leaking sunroof being one, faulty light on air directional dial being another, tracking etc. Anything else I you see a lot with Hyundai Coupe FX's

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Hi,

I'm on the lookout for a 2006 Hyundai Coupe FX and will probably buy private as they are between 1000-2k cheaper than going to a dealer.

Other than the standard checks when buying a second hand car are there any particular checks for the 2006 Hyundai Coupe FX. (1.6 engine) I plan on running a motorcheck on it too but that doesn't cover the likes class C insurance company write offs . e.g too econimical to repair.

Leaking sunroof being one, faulty light on air directional dial being another, tracking etc. Anything else I you see a lot with Hyundai Coupe FX's

Thanks
    One good check you should make before buying one of these is your genetic make up. xx car is prob for you, xy walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 newtowheels

XX hence the reason for the post on what to check for...
    I get an F on hairdressing skills though

:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

One good check you should make before buying one of these is your genetic make up. xx car is prob for you, xy walk away.

Thats ridiculous.

Bit like the Puma thread a while back.If the OP likes it then I say go for it.

Theyre a solid reliable car that give very few problems.Ive never seen any of the problems the OP has listed above.However the older model used to give sunroof leaking problems but not the 06 model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

XX hence the reason for the post on what to check for...
    I get an F on hairdressing skills though

:)
    Ok, well it would be worth getting a professional to check it out. Check that the service history is all in order. Expect to pay a bit out for wear and tear especially tyres/clutch/shocks. Tyres for one of these are about €80 each. Check all body panels for little dings as these can cost around €50 each to fix. Test drive one from a dealer first then drive the one from the private sale and see if there is any difference. Apart from that should be ok for that year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Very obvious things; has the timing belt been changed. When was it last serviced. Is it NCT'd. Is there outstanding finance on it.
    When test driving; are there any strange noises, does the car pull to one side, funny smells or wet carpets indicating dampness due to leak, are the seats in bad shape because of general abuse.
    Check the aircon/heater works, all the lights, windows.
    Check that all gears engage properly, check clutch isn't knackered as in; where is the bite point?
    Get a good run in the car to see if it over heats due to cooling issue.

Hyundai's seem to be fairly solid cars so theres not too much to worry about unless the thing has been thrashed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement