Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Substituting for powdered mustard

Options
  • 10-03-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I'm making a chicken tight supper which calls for 2 teaspoons English mustard powder. Couldn't find the powder in local Tesco/SuperValue/Centra so going with normal Colman's English Mustard out of a jar.Anyone recommend how much of the normal mustard to use?

ps who sells Mustard powder anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Where do you live? If you can call around to mine you can have a lend of a few spoons of mustard powder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've had a look at my tin of powder and it says it's mixed with equal quantities of water to make up mustard. Therefore each teaspoon of powder makes 2 teaspoons of mustard when mixed. So by that reckoning you'd need to double up if you're using ready-made mustard. I think.....

I get mustard powder in our local supermarket (JC's in Swords), and I'm sure Superquinn sell it too.

Advertisement