Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alessandro Diamanti

• 10-03-2010 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Well,just wanted to get some opinions on this lad.
    How highly do you rate him?
    He supposedly cost around 6m,well worth it do you think?
    I for one think he could be one of the best finds for a while (trying to exclude the West Ham bias as much as I can from this).
    He took a while to settle but now he's playing well consistently and getting the goals too.
    He's a bit of a character too (I'm sure lots of you have seen the clips of him crying & ripping his shirt when he misses :pac:),and he also gave quite an interview to sky sports before the Villa match where he said he has so many tattoos because he "likes to feel the sting of a needle now and again".
    What do you make of him?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He is a good player and seems to be a character. Certainly very talented, who bought him? Was it Zola who found him?

Justifies his price tag anyway, unusual for a unproven 6M player these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

As far as I know it was a combination of Zola and Gianluca Nani (our Italian ex-technical director)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Certainly the most interesting thing about West Ham at the moment.

They had 'Diamanti Watch' going on the The Game podcast for a while which seems to suggest that he's worth keeping an eye on.

How long before he has a hissy fit and heads home?

Unfortunately for you lot though if he keeps this up he will probably be sold on at a profit.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    How long before he has a hissy fit and heads home?

To be honest I'd say a soon as Zola gets the sack :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

He seems the ideal heir to the throne of Di Canio and in more ways than one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Great left foot, seems very greedy on the pitch, nowhere near Di Canio's class.
    I'm done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I've enjoyed watching him since he arrived and he's got some super goals. Can't help feeling though that he's one of those skillful "characters" who ends up playing for loads of clubs for relatively short periods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

On one of the highlights programs on the weekend they said Milan were meant to be keeping tabs on him

Milan were supposedly interested in him during the January window......I just looked at the story as bollocks tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ollaetta wrote: »
    I've enjoyed watching him since he arrived and he's got some super goals. Can't help feeling though that he's one of those skillful "characters" who ends up playing for loads of clubs for relatively short periods.

They're the ones I like the best.

Will probably end up at somewhere like Fulham and become a folk hero, before pushing over a ref and becoming a figure of hate, but slowly winning people's hearts back with moments of wondrous skill and honesty.

flahavaj wrote: »
    They're the ones I like the best.

Will probably end up at somewhere like Fulham and become a folk hero, before pushing over a ref and becoming a figure of hate, but slowly winning people's hearts back with moments of wondrous skill and honesty.
    Hold up, this will kill West Ham fans. Fulham are a bigger club now :)

Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

cant see him being there too long anyway, summer move if he keeps playing the way he is

The irish girl on mtv, laura whitmore i think her name is

she'd get it

kryogen wrote: »
    cant see him being there too long anyway, summer move if he keeps playing the way he is

I'm afraid that's true :o
    However,I have some hope due to the fact that all season prior to January we were told we would lose Green,Upson,Parker and Cole and we still kept them :pac:

I'm afraid that's true :o
    However,I have some hope due to the fact that all season prior to January we were told we would lose Green,Upson,Parker and Cole and we still kept them :pac:
    Wana know why you didn't?

Why we didn't what?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

Great player when he was with Livorno, and he will always be linked to Italy in the transfer window. I think he will go back in the summer. The big Italian clubs might not risk him, cos he is not an phenomon, but I would say Roma/Fiorentina/Genoa may take a punt on him. Italians rarely stay away for more than one season, whether they play well or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

If ever a player deserved his own thread its this man.

Id love to see a rule brought in that every team needs 1 Diamanti. The premiership would be a far more interesting place.

Hero

MrKingsley wrote: »
    If ever a player deserved his own thread its this man.

Id love to see a rule brought in that every team needs 1 Diamanti. The premiership would be a far more interesting place.

Hero

My views exactly!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ian_K wrote: »
    Great left foot, seems very greedy on the pitch, nowhere near Di Canio's class.
    I'm done

Exactly how I feel about him. To utter him in the same breath as Di Canio in terms of talent is an insult to his fascist predecessor.

At the minute he's too raw. At any other club he wouldn't be getting as much praise. He stands out at West Ham because he's their only real flair player. My girlfriend is a West Ham fan and as a result I sadly have to watch most games. I just find him very selfish in possession. Yes this can be good sometimes and he has a great shot on him, however he wastes so many chances by shooting in ridiculous places and for a team in West Ham's situation he needs to cut that out.

If he's going to take the next step to a bigger club he needs to he taught to look up and consider other options. There is obvious talent but I don't think he's at the right club to to anything other than he's doing. I don't think Zola is the man to do anything for him.

Another thing is I'd like to see him play through the middle more. He's not a winger, despite Zola playing him there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement