Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life of Surfing, All surfers if you have time please read:)

Options
  • 10-03-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello all surfers,

I am hoping that you will all be able to spare some time and help me with a Thesis that I am currently doing in College. The topic of the thesis is geography of surfing and it's socio-economic implications in Ireland.

Basically I am trying to find out how much does the sport surfing have an impact on the individual surfer and the local economy.

So the things I would be looking at in relation to the individual surfer (that would be ye guys) would be the spatial distribution (how far do you travel to and fro between surf beaches and home), Consumerism (how much you spend on surf gear and how often) and also Identity (this would be exploring the aspect do surfers feel that they are very environmentally friendly, do they have a deep connection with the land, living in harmony with it).

I know sometimes it ain't a very fun thing to do to take part in a survey, but you'd be doing me a massive favor and also you'd be furthering the knowledge of surfing in relation to academia and in turn may benefit the surfing community through government expenditure in surf shops, schools, e.t.c

I attached a surfing questionnaire, So if you have time (doesn’t take long, 5 mins MAX), Would you like to take part?

If have anything else that you’d like to add that would be worth knowing in relation to the thesis, by all means please spill the beans.

Thank you for your time.

Naoise.

ps. For tick the boxes you can just Put a big X there. Attach the surveys in a post or you can email them to me at;
    <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Welcome to the forum. I've removed your email address from your post as its something we discourage. If anyone wants the OP's email address, please request it from him/her in a PM.

Advertisement