Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC:2 Performance Tests

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

So you did , forgot about that .. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gaid1n

Maybe someone here can offer up som clues as to why it's running so **** on my rig.
    Same sort of rig as Cully's
    Q6700 stock
    4870 1 gig
    4 gig RAM
    P35 mobo
    Win XP Pro 32bit
    Thing runs like a dog. Some serious artefacts along the terrain. Maybe 30fps measured in Fraps. No clue why it's so bad. Running latest drivers 10.2 Catalyst. Stumped.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Defrag you hard drive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gaidin drop graphics to medium, looks almost identical to high but lot better fps.
    Medium has plenty of fsaa and af so you wont have jaggies etc.
    The artifacts sound like the dx 9 rendering.
    If your on dx9 set to auto in the settings ini,dx 10 gives me much better fps than dx9.
    I was planning on getting a new gfx card but tbh im delighted with performance now [i might wait to see if 5870 prices drop when nvidia bring out their next cards at end of month]
    I never drop below 50 fps and usually stays around 60-90,im running @ 2048X1152,dropping to 1650X1050 might give me 5 fps boost max so im staying with monitors native.
    However ive OCed my Q6600 to 3.0ghz and shes never above 45-58 c on stock cooling, ya gotta love intels stock cooling :)

XP could be an issue? im on windows7 untimate 64 but in fairness XP aint like vista in terms of system hog.

Good to see ya man, havent games with ya in ages.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Same here--dx9 gives me wierd artifacts--kinda like a hexagon over the terrain and also some texture swapping ie sand is grass and vice versa and also slower frame rates than dx10.

Im on Vista running a Phenom x3 @ 2.9ghz.
    Dx10 with all at medium Im getting 60-80 never drops below 60.

Can XP run dx10??Might help you out Gaid1n if you could force it to use 10 instead of 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Can XP run dx10??

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

edit

Advertisement