Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta Not Show Practice ?

• 10-03-2010 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Was looking through Setanta on sky plus in order to set sky plus to record the second practice sessions on Friday but it is lot listed. Just qualifying and the race are listed. Are they not showing the practice sessions this year ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, you're right, they don't seem to be showing it. Whether that's only for this race (maybe there's some other major event they're covering that someone considers more important) or for future ones as well only time will tell.

The BBC are showing all 3 practice sessions on the red button though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I didn't think Setanta ever showed the practice sessions.

The BBC red button is the way to go but unfortunately you can't Sky + it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

smooch71 wrote: »
    I didn't think Setanta ever showed the practice sessions.

they did, and some support races too, no?

they did, and some support races too, no?

Yeah I remember the GP2 and the Porsche Supercup on Setanta but can't say I remember the practice.

But sure I could be wrong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    The did show the practice sessions, they used to have Garry Anderson doing the techinical talking parts.

Correct. They dont seem to have Gary Anderson anymore.

I am paying 17.99 a month for Setanta on Sky, but I am about to cancel it now for ESPN if no practice sessions and/or no Gary Anderson

• Advertisement

thegoth wrote: »
    Correct. They dont seem to have Gary Anderson anymore.

I am paying 17.99 a month for Setanta on Sky, but I am about to cancel it now for ESPN if no practice sessions and/or no Gary Anderson

If you're only paying Setanta for F1 then drop it. BBC's coverage is streets ahead, even with the irritating Legard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Yeah cancelled it now. It paid the 17.99 as I often mailed them during practice to get Gary Andersons views.

Now that A) Gary is gone, and B) the ain't showing practice, I am cancelled my sub

Advertisement