Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan to play Thomond Park - 4th July, 2010

Options
  • 10-03-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Bob Dylan has been confirmed to play Thomond Park on the 4th July 2010. This is excellent news. This is the type of concert that should draw a lot of people from all parts and the type of people that we want coming in concerts in Limerick. I know he's an old geezer but he's the type of artist that has broad appeal, greater than the likes of Rod Stewart anyway. Well done to Thomond Park for getting such a high profile artist to the city. :D

http://www.thomondpark.ie/news/7273.php

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Moman

Excellent news!
    Anyone have any news when the tickets will go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hmmm - If anyone is thinking of buying tickets for this I'd go here first and hit F5 for a while before handing over the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Not a big fan but its a good start for gigs, Springsteen would have been awesome, least it wont be a scobe magnet like the black eyed peas would have been

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Good work. That has the potential to be a cracking gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

best news I heard all day I called my little boy after him, Called him Dylan not Bob

He is a great song writer and artist

• Advertisement

campo wrote: »
    best news I heard all day I called my little boy after him, Called him Dylan not Bob

He is a great song writer and artist

You called a Child Dylan Not Bob :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Sweet. Saw him in Denver in 2005 and he was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

Excellent!!! Ive been to his last 5 gigs in Ireland and while they can be hit or miss, there is still something pretty cool about seeing Bob Dylan playing the songs he has written, with an excellent band!!!! Shur seein as im only up the road it'll save a few pound on the beers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I'd go here first and hit F5 for a while

Raiser

pardon my computer illiteracy, but what does pressing F5 achieve?

I've done it already but couldn't see anything happen on my screen.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

tippman1 wrote: »
    Raiser

pardon my computer illiteracy, but what does pressing F5 achieve?

I've done it already but couldn't see anything happen on my screen.

John

Hitting F5 means refresh the screen, obviously with the big word alive on the screen and at the age of 68 gives a hint ..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

with doors open at 2pm, and a few other "household name" acts tbc, this could be a cracker. tickets from €60 to €81.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭feck sake lads

seen him in vicker st, just as well i know the lyrics of most of the songs he sang, because he muttered his way through all of them.mind you he was only brilliant:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

After seeing him in the O2 last year, I personally wouldn't cross the road to see him.

Better off staying at home and listen to his albums; net saving of €60-€80.

Probably not a gig for casual fans who have his Best Of. His voice is like a wheezing cat being dragged across broken glass...BUT the long-time Dylan nuts love him regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭RINO87

After seeing him in the O2 last year, I personally wouldn't cross the road to see him.

Better off staying at home and listen to his albums; net saving of €60-€80.

would ya go away ta feck!!! the show in the o2 last year was easily the best he's done here in years!!

he always sings his songs different from the record when he plays live, and thats what makes his gigs pretty cool!!!!!

in.my.opinion!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I wouldn't be a big fan but went to see him in Galway a few years back & still wasn't converted.

However it's a great coup for the city and hopefully the start of some great gigs to come.

Millie wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a big fan but went to see him in Galway a few years back & still wasn't converted.

However it's a great coup for the city and hopefully the start of some great gigs to come.

I think if you go and see him as a fan you'd prob. be carried away by the atmosphere and love of his music, familiarity with lyrics etc. and have a great night.

- If you go as a non fan you may well wonder what the fuss is about and sure as fcuk aren't going to be able to make out any of the slurred/mumbled lyrics etc. and prob. have a long and torturous night.

Got my ticket. Woohoo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

for all the Dylan fans :D

Rumour: David Gray (Meh) to play support along with Seasick Steve (brilliant:D)

EDIT: CONFIRMED http://www.hotpress.com/news/6319555.html

Also two more acts to be announced. This is going to be great! Hope the fuppin rain stays away!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

RonMexico wrote: »
    Got my ticket. Woohoo:D

May I ask how'd you get a ticket already?
    My mate is mad to go but reckons the tickets aren't on sale until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Millie wrote: »
    May I ask how'd you get a ticket already?
    My mate is mad to go but reckons the tickets aren't on sale until Monday.
    presale for members of MRSC

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

RonMexico wrote: »
    Rumour: David Gray (Meh) to play support along with Seasick Steve (brilliant:D)

EDIT: CONFIRMED http://www.hotpress.com/news/6319555.html

Also two more acts to be announced. This is going to be great! Hope the fuppin rain stays away!

Is Seasick Steve the opening act or the main support?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I love these gigs!! All the fans praising and getting high on the music and all the day trippers freaking out because they don't understand what is happening and don't recognise the songs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

and im going to be stewarding this while eating my free sandwich and fizzy drink, unreal! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mejoesoap

Legend, can't wait!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dave 27 wrote: »
    and im going to be stewarding this while eating my free sandwich and fizzy drink, unreal! :D

I'll hopefully be doing something similar :)

The rumour about Seasick Steve has me even more excited about it than Dylan headlining!

Not sure who is up first, Seasick Steve or David Gray. Both have been confirmed on Hotpress. I wonder who the two other acts are going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,883 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is great for Thomond Park. Won't be going myself (I'm 21 that day so other places to be! :D), I like Dylan but wouldn't be a massive fan.
    Springsteen next year hopefully coz they sure are working there socks off in Thomond Park to get big names in.

Well done to all pulling the strings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Support of Seasick steve sounds great! Must contact my club for a ticket

Advertisement