Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air in clutch - Toyota Yaris

• 10-03-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭

Hi All....
    Looking for some info.
    Had my toyota yaris in for the accelerator recall yesterday, noticed this morning going to work it was very hard to get the car into gear but thought maybe I just hadn't pushd in the clutch enough or something.

Got into the car at lunchtime and couldn't put it into gear at all when the engine was on.

A mechanic from the Toyota garage came out and has said that there's air in the clutch. He was able to get it going enough to bring it back to the garage but wondering if anyone know whether this is a big problem? Not sure if it'll be covered under warranty yet but would it be an expensive job? Car is 2006.

He says its just coincedence that it went the day after the recall but who knows!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

sillysocks wrote: »
    A mechanic from the Toyota garage came out and has said that there's air in the clutch. He was able to get it going enough to bring it back to the garage but wondering if anyone know whether this is a big problem?

Not a major problem, and easily fixed.
    Not sure if it'll be covered under warranty yet but would it be an expensive job? Car is 2006.

I would say there is a fair chance that something they did caused the problem. I don't know the details about what they are replacing on the accelerator, so can't say if it involved the clutch or not.
    He says its just coincedence that it went the day after the recall but who knows!

Of course he's going to say that, but it's highly unlikely. I'd be looking for it to be fixed for free.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭hiluxman

suspicious that it just happened after you got work done, especialy work thats been done on the acc. pedal. that sort of thing doesnt happen to a yaris that new. more than likely the mechanic has broken somthing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Well apparently its the clutch master cylinder thats gone. Got a call this evening to let me know.

Charging 210 eur to replace it. Husband was onto them and got nowhere with trying to find out if what they had done could have caused it.

I had noticed it a tiny bit the morning before it went into the recall, but nothing major. Unless maybe it had been on the way out and something they did made it worse. Frustrating, and annoying we can't prove one way or other if it was something they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Rang the garage agin this morning and got nowhere. He agreed that it was unusual for it to go when the car is 4 years old (think there's about 41k km on clock), but insisted it wasn't related. Said that the accelerator recall just replaces two nuts or bolts and that its no where connected to clutch issue.

Have called Toyota head office customer care and they're looking into it but doesn't seem like we're going to get anywhere! Frustrating :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Very unlikely to be related problems. Your clutch slave cylinder is on the way out and that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Replacing the clutch master cylinder is a tiny job. Using spurious or 2nd hand parts it should also be fairly cheap.

Advertisement