Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening an account

Options
  • 10-03-2010 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

I want to open a current account with Ulster Bank.
    From what I gather you need one of these items.

Current valid signed full passportFull current Republic of Ireland driving licenseNew style current Republic of Ireland provisional license issued after 11/6/01Full current Northern Ireland driving licenseNew style current Northern Ireland provisional license (photocard bearing two photographs)Full new style UK photocard driving license (provisional or full)Armed Forces employer identity cardGarda/PSNI employer identity cardPhoto student identity card (from a recognised university or college)Current EU National identity cardMedical card (customers under 18 only)

Now, I don't drive, so I don't have a driving license.
    My passport is 3 years out of date. I'm not a student. I'm not unemployed, I don't have a medical card. etc, etc.
    What do I do?
    How do I go about getting a Current EU National identity card, Do you order these in the Garda station?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I dont think the EU natioal ID cards have not been released in Ireland yet. I though you would be able to apply for Garda ID card, but according to the website you need passport of drivers licience.

There was one other ID accepted, cant remember the name of it but if you go the the Garda station with whatever proof you have bills and 2 passport photos they will sign a form that can be used when opening an account for ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

I want to open a current account with Ulster Bank.
    From what I gather you need one of these items.

Current valid signed full passportFull current Republic of Ireland driving licenseNew style current Republic of Ireland provisional license issued after 11/6/01Full current Northern Ireland driving licenseNew style current Northern Ireland provisional license (photocard bearing two photographs)Full new style UK photocard driving license (provisional or full)Armed Forces employer identity cardGarda/PSNI employer identity cardPhoto student identity card (from a recognised university or college)Current EU National identity cardMedical card (customers under 18 only)

Now, I don't drive, so I don't have a driving license.
    My passport is 3 years out of date. I'm not a student. I'm not unemployed, I don't have a medical card. etc, etc.
    What do I do?
    How do I go about getting a Current EU National identity card, Do you order these in the Garda station?

If you are 18 or under you can use your birth certificate. If not, you can get what is called an ML10 form from the Garda station. You will need to bring two passport photos with you to the station, complete the form, and the Garda will sign the form, stamp it, and sign and stamp the reverse of the passport photos.

icon14.gif

Edit: Snap Jet Black

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Thats it ML10 could not remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Biffo The Bare

Thanks lads.;)
    Why do people assume that everybody has a driving license and/or an up to date passport. Its a bloody disgrace.
    I assume that the bank keep hold of this ML10 form, so if you need to open another account with another bank, you have to go through the same process again at the cop shop.:mad:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just to point out, an ML10 form should only be issued to an Irish National, residing in the state. Basically what it is, is the Garda is signing this form to say that they know you, and can vouch that you are who you say you are. Many Gardai don't seem to be aware that this is the case, and will stamp one for anybody. Give the bank a ring and make sure that they will definitely accept this form of ID, and you don't waste a trip to the Garda station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Follow the Plan

Hey,

What info would I need to bring (utility bills etc etc.) to the Garda station to obtain ML10form, can't find anything about it on Garda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

just let people aware that from tues 1st feb all the banks will be getting alot stricter with all this. you wont be able to open new accounts etc with out the proof of identity and proof of addresses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

cazzak79 wrote: »
    just let people aware that from tues 1st feb all the banks will be getting alot stricter with all this. you wont be able to open new accounts etc with out the proof of identity and proof of addresses

:rolleyes: Buddy that's been around for years........

OP: UB accpet the ML10. They can also do a voter search to confirm your address if you are registered to vote. Lastly if you happen to be 18 you can use your parents utility bill for proof of address.

Advertisement