Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MK90

anyone going to muscat?? how strict is it in oman

• Registered Users Posts: 48 craftynici

MK90 wrote: »

I believe there is a nice number of ppl going to Oman. You should join the facebook page Sabis 2013 and you'll get to meet ppl who are heading to the same area as yourself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Niamh91

MK90 wrote: »

I am heading to Oman as well I know 5 other people that are heading to Muscat as well. not sure about how strict it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

raybooysen wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm from South Africa and my wife and I have both applied to go over with Sabis. So far we've both just had our second interviews this week..anyone know the time frame from the second interview to hearing about jobs?

Just had my second interview this morning, recruiter told me I would hear back in a week to 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3 raybooysen

Niamh91 wrote: »
    Hia, by second interview do you mean face to face interview? At the end of the face to face interview they told me I had the job and I signed the contract there (you could take 24 hours to think about it). If you dont hear from then within the next week or 2 maybe send them an email.

hey, thanks! my wife had a skype interview and mine was just telephonic. No face to face interviews in SA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 raybooysen

Just had my second interview this morning, recruiter told me I would hear back in a week to 10 days

Hey thanks! Was your interview also over the phone? Yeah, the recruiter said 3 to 10 days..but their responses always take longer, that's why I was asking. Where you keen to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

raybooysen wrote: »
    Hey thanks! Was your interview also over the phone? Yeah, the recruiter said 3 to 10 days..but their responses always take longer, that's why I was asking. Where you keen to go?

Would love to go to Dubai but I don't think there's any vacancies there

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I got offered Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi :D Problem is, I'm finishing a Masters and won't finish my project until a week or two after the commencement date. Just wondering if anyone else has been in a situation like this? Obviously I'm going to finish my course but this seems like too good of an oppertunity to give up!

sunrise91 wrote: »
    I got offered Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi :D Problem is, I'm finishing a Masters and won't finish my project until a week or two after the commencement date. Just wondering if anyone else has been in a situation like this? Obviously I'm going to finish my course but this seems like too good of an oppertunity to give up!

Congratulations on your offer!! I'm heading to the same area :) I'm not too sure what to do in this situation. What you could do is email Sean Cooney and explain to him your situation....obviously they know that you are currently finishing your Masters. His email address is scooney@sabis.net. Hopefully he'll be able to help you out and you could be able to arrive a few weeks later...

Hopefully this helps you! Best of luck with your thesis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Walsh.90

Hey! I had my telephone interview last Monday, and I know they're contacting my references atm, but was wondering if someone could tell me if I should email them on my garda cert, copy of my passport and my degree now, or do I wait for them to contact me again, as they said they would be on to me about a second interview!

• Advertisement

Walsh.90 wrote: »
    Hey! I had my telephone interview last Monday, and I know they're contacting my references atm, but was wondering if someone could tell me if I should email them on my garda cert, copy of my passport and my degree now, or do I wait for them to contact me again, as they said they would be on to me about a second interview!

Hey! If you had all your documents to be sent to them ready, I would email all of them on to Sabis. They usually don't contact you about 2nd interview until all relevant documents are sent. Best of luck with your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eoinmjmac

Hey I am in the same situation as you. I got offered Sharjah and my thesis has to be in for for the second week of of September. I am just going to try and get it completed by the start of August just to save any hassle. I want to get rid of it really ;-). Yeah I'd say email Sean Cooney he tell you want can be done.. All the the best

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

eoinmjmac wrote: »
    Hey I am in the same situation as you. I got offered Sharjah and my thesis has to be in for for the second week of of September. I am just going to try and get it completed by the start of August just to save any hassle. I want to get rid of it really ;-). Yeah I'd say email Sean Cooney he tell you want can be done.. All the the best

I actually just got offered Sharjah this morning, the other position was filled internally (rage)! I think I'll take it though. I'm gonna do the same thing, just try and get it done, or as much of it as I can, by August. Was a bit apprehensive about Sharjah when I was told how conservative it is but it sounds like there's a good few going from this, so hopefully it'll be grand!

I actually just got offered Sharjah this morning, the other position was filled internally (rage)! I think I'll take it though. I'm gonna do the same thing, just try and get it done, or as much of it as I can, by August. Was a bit apprehensive about Sharjah when I was told how conservative it is but it sounds like there's a good few going from this, so hopefully it'll be grand!

Congratulations on getting Sharjah!! There is alot of ppl going to Sharjah. If your on Facebook, there is a page set up for ppl heading out this year. You can find it under Sabis 2013 on Facebook.

Congrats again and the best of luck with the thesis :D

Hey! Thanks for that! Sent in all my stuff and have a second phone interview for Wednesday morning at 7am! Just wondering if ye know what the second interview's like!? Are the questions different to those in the first interview?!

Hey! Thanks for that! Sent in all my stuff and have a second phone interview for Wednesday morning at 7am! Just wondering if ye know what the second interview's like!? Are the questions different to those in the first interview?!

Hey! To be honest I don't know what a second phone interview entails. My second interview was a face to face one in Limerick and that was just a general chit chat about why I wanted to join SABIS. Questions I was asked at the face to face interview included:

• What were my thoughts on the cultural differences between Ireland and UAE?
    • What can I bring that will motivate students to learn?
    They were practically the main questions I was asked along with two other candidates. The rest of the interview was talking about areas where I would like to be based, I had to give them three areas where I would like to be based and they I would be given one of those areas... So, have a few areas where you might like to work ready in case they ask you.

Have you received your contract by email yet?

The very best of luck with your interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kirstk86

I had my second interview on skype and it's pretty much all the questions crafty nic has mentioned above. They do ask you about certain situations where you have to deal with parents etc etc. But I would suggest that you ask a pretty decent question as when I did they spoke extensively about the program and managed to answer all the questions thinkable. good luck.. btw.. they told me i would know more in 10 days.. that's almost a month to this date...

craftynici wrote: »
    Hey! To be honest I don't know what a second phone interview entails. My second interview was a face to face one in Limerick and that was just a general chit chat about why I wanted to join SABIS. Questions I was asked at the face to face interview included:

They were practically the main questions I was asked along with two other candidates. The rest of the interview was talking about areas where I would like to be based, I had to give them three areas where I would like to be based and they I would be given one of those areas... So, have a few areas where you might like to work ready in case they ask you.

Thanks for the heads up on the questions! The more I think about the interview the more I think there'll be no contract by mail I'm afraid!! :(

Just wondering was anyone elses interview kinda hinky and they still got it?!

kirstk86 wrote: »
    I had my second interview on skype and it's pretty much all the questions crafty nic has mentioned above. They do ask you about certain situations where you have to deal with parents etc etc. But I would suggest that you ask a pretty decent question as when I did they spoke extensively about the program and managed to answer all the questions thinkable. good luck.. btw.. they told me i would know more in 10 days.. that's almost a month to this date...

Ya, they asked me all the usual questions! You mean you haven't heard back from them yet no!? I doubt I'll get it, my interview was fairly dodge...I'd say I'll only get it if they're desperate!

well I did have to send a portfolio of work the following week because one of the subjects I wanted to teach was Art so the last contact I have had with them is about two weeks. They were really on my case up until two weeks ago but I assume that's because I finished sending everything in. plus I really only applied back in Feb/Mar so I think that's pretty late by there standards..:confused:... I am a bit apprehensive about the whole thing right now. was your second interview by telephone?

Ya, they asked me all the usual questions! You mean you haven't heard back from them yet no!? I doubt I'll get it, my interview was fairly dodge...I'd say I'll only get it if they're desperate!

• Advertisement

Hey! After the worst interview I though I could do, they emailed me on a contract a few hours ago! In the email they said they need a Garda Clearance Report, A scanned copy of my degree ad transcripts and positive feedback from my references.

I already sent in The Garda Cert and know my references have been contacted, but I sent in my final year results for my degree, do I still have to send in my full transcripts and my actual degree!? I heard they need you to translate it from Latin aswel?!

well I did have to send a portfolio of work the following week because one of the subjects I wanted to teach was Art so the last contact I have had with them is about two weeks. They were really on my case up until two weeks ago but I assume that's because I finished sending everything in. plus I really only applied back in Feb/Mar so I think that's pretty late by there standards..:confused:... I am a bit apprehensive about the whole thing right now. was your second interview by telephone?

Ya, it was by telephone alright, which was fairly handy...but kinda weird too! Have you had your second interview ya?!

Ya, it was by telephone alright, which was fairly handy...but kinda weird too! Have you had your second interview ya?!

Well done!!!!!.. all I had was a telephone interview and a skype interview..no face to face because I am in full time employment in London. What was it you were requesting to teach because I really think the delay is because of the subjects I have requested.

Hey! After the worst interview I though I could do, they emailed me on a contract a few hours ago! In the email they said they need a Garda Clearance Report, A scanned copy of my degree ad transcripts and positive feedback from my references.

I already sent in The Garda Cert and know my references have been contacted, but I sent in my final year results for my degree, do I still have to send in my full transcripts and my actual degree!? I heard they need you to translate it from Latin aswel?!

Congrats on getting the contract, you must be delighted with yourself:D!! I never emailed my transcripts. I just forwarded in a copy of my degree along with the referees and garda clearance report. However, they did ask me to translate it from Latin to English. That took a few days to sort out.

What I would do in this situation is read through the contract and email the person back who sent you the contract and inform them that you already sent on the Garda Cert, transcripts and referees (give name of person you emailed and date of email). Ask them if they require your degree as well... They mightn't need it especially when you forwarded on your results for your final year..

Congrats again :)

Congrats on getting the contract, you must be delighted with yourself:D!! I never emailed my transcripts. I just forwarded in a copy of my degree along with the referees and garda clearance report. However, they did ask me to translate it from Latin to English. That took a few days to sort out.

What I would do in this situation is read through the contract and email the person back who sent you the contract and inform them that you already sent on the Garda Cert, transcripts and referees (give name of person you emailed and date of email). Ask them if they require your degree as well... They mightn't need it especially when you forwarded on your results for your final year..

Congrats again :)

Ya...especially when I actually thought I wasn't getting it! Where did you get your Degree translated!? Ya, I'll email them after I fax on the contract tomorrow and hopefully sort it all out in one go!!

You're not by any chance heading to Khalifa City by any chance?! :)

Well done!!!!!.. all I had was a telephone interview and a skype interview..no face to face because I am in full time employment in London. What was it you were requesting to teach because I really think the delay is because of the subjects I have requested.

I'd say the delay definitely has to do with the subjects! I'm doing English and History, so didn't have to submit anything bar my actual degree results! But it would definitely take longer to process an art portfolio! Where were you hoping to be placed?!

I'd say the delay definitely has to do with the subjects! I'm doing English and History, so didn't have to submit anything bar my actual degree results! But it would definitely take longer to process an art portfolio! Where were you hoping to be placed?!

..I dono really.. Dubai or Khalifa City..

Ya...especially when I actually thought I wasn't getting it! Where did you get your Degree translated!? Ya, I'll email them after I fax on the contract tomorrow and hopefully sort it all out in one go!!

You're not by any chance heading to Khalifa City by any chance?! :)

I did my course in NUI Galway so I had to contact the NUI Offices in Dublin and ask them about translating them. They told me to go to their website www.nui.ie and fill out a form with details of what degree you want translated. It costs €50 for translation!!

I doubt they will want your degree to be honest especially when you gave them your results!! Your better off double checking though!

Your heading to Khalifa City...Whu-hoo!! Same here!! :) There is a facebook page set up for people joining SABIS this year. You'll find it under SABIS 2013!!

Not long now till the big move :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nolio

I'm from Liverpool. I've just been sent my contract, the school is in Al Ain City - is anyone else heading out there? Also, does anyone know if we get paid for 12 months or just 10 - the salary figures are really confusing me.

Thanks x

• Advertisement

Nolio wrote: »
    I'm from Liverpool. I've just been sent my contract, the school is in Al Ain City - is anyone else heading out there? Also, does anyone know if we get paid for 12 months or just 10 - the salary figures are really confusing me.

Thanks x

Hey Nolio,

Congrats on getting the contract :) I'm heading to Khalifa City myself but from the facebook page (SABIS 2013) there seems to be a good few heading to Al Ain City!!

We do get paid for 12 months. Finish up with school in May I think and get paid for June, July, and August and an additional 3 weeks for working for the year in UAE :)

Advertisement