Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 11811Karen

Thanks for the reply!!
    I'm just off the phone from mine.. went grand, he said he would get back to me in the next 24 hours and then ive to sign contract within 2 days if offered a job! :/

I wasnt told where exactly id be offered on the phone, he said id be hired as a substitute teacher for whatever school on a full time basis and on a full time salary; then when a full time post comes available id be offered that.. and apparently ive to be pretty flexible with where i end up being placed so thats a bit crap?? a huge chance to take not knowing where ill end up for the year?
    anybody experience this? dont know what to think of it!!

Haha ya it seems like that for Sharjah alright! Dubai nearby will be our saving grace if placed there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Irish Orla

I got ruwais :-))))))

• Registered Users Posts: 23 coconutdrizzle

omg congrats Orla....ur soooooo lucky....Abu dhabi's supposed to be unreal

hey karen... if they offer you the job...they'l defo tell you in the email where you'l be placed :D...they didn't tell me over the phone either...was through email after the phone interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Hey guys did ye just have phone interview and ye got the job? Had one recently and heard nothing :( Must have done terrible haha!

• Advertisement

I got offered Dubai city a couple hours after my interview!! its class but its as a sub teacher and im afraid ill be moved? are yrs full time positions??
    im not sure if im going to accept cos im a newly qualified speech and language therapist and am afraid of getting a bit deskilled.. i was all up for going and now that i have the offer im reconsidering! aahhhh such a big decision and so little time to think about it!! any advice welcome lol!!

congrats on Ruwais Orla :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sarah1302

have an interview in the morning absolutely bricking it as only got notified today!! seriously this late?? hope all goes well! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 micky2122

Irish Orla wrote: »
    I got ruwais :-))))))

Hey! Congrats :) have they told you your flight times or what year you'll be teaching?

11811Karen wrote: »
    I got offered Dubai city a couple hours after my interview!! its class but its as a sub teacher and im afraid ill be moved? are yrs full time positions??
    im not sure if im going to accept cos im a newly qualified speech and language therapist and am afraid of getting a bit deskilled.. i was all up for going and now that i have the offer im reconsidering! aahhhh such a big decision and so little time to think about it!! any advice welcome lol!!

congrats on Ruwais Orla :)

My advice: Where are you in your life right now? Just graduated? Do you have good job opportunities where you stay?

I say do it with the intention of just doing one year...then take it form there. Who says you cant apply for jobs while your doing your thing in Dubai. What have you got to lose?. Do you really think that putting on your CV that you took a year out to spend in another country, immersing in another culture and gained experience that can only come from this kind of opportunity will deskill you...no chance!!!! :)

hi micky2122, ya im just graduated! very little opportunity in Ireland but a lot in the UK! really feel like a year out is gonna help me.. ive decided to take the position in the hope that they dont transfer me to another area.. in fairness getting placed in Dubai city is an offer I can't refuse.. and yes thats my plan to go for a year, get registered to work in UK while over there and hopefully get sorted for a job in UK when i come home!
    this is all happening so fast its crazy and so spontaneous! are you going also and if so where have you been placed?

• Advertisement

ahh thats great news karen...ya you defo couldn't have turned that down!!! ugh im freaking out because i'd to renew my passport.....and like it mightn't be back untill thursday wk....do ye think thats time enough for the visa processing?:O....hopefully it will be back sooner than that though. talk about last minute.com haha :P

i havent a clie how their visas work but im sure they can put a fast track on it if they need to? they're fairly last minute themselves so im sure they'll get round it somehow! :) im ****ting it, like this has happened so fast!!! aaahhh!!

ya hopefully...i knowwww its so scary but so exciting aswel :D

ya it really is!! :D

has anyone heard of or being hired as spare teachers?? im scared of getting moved!!

hi micky2122, ya im just graduated! very little opportunity in Ireland but a lot in the UK! really feel like a year out is gonna help me.. ive decided to take the position in the hope that they dont transfer me to another area.. in fairness getting placed in Dubai city is an offer I can't refuse.. and yes thats my plan to go for a year, get registered to work in UK while over there and hopefully get sorted for a job in UK when i come home!
    this is all happening so fast its crazy and so spontaneous! are you going also and if so where have you been placed?

That's a good move Karen :) I'm being placed nearer Abu Dhabi. Looking forward to it, just want to get stuck in now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Charmaine1

Guys help: just received an email to send my passport info, photo, police check and degree cert asap.

Will a CRB check suffice for the police check. Also my mum has my degree cert and she lives in another country, are they strict about having this, as if so, I will need to send off for a duplicate... Any help, thoughts would be fab, don't wanna miss out!

Charmaine1 wrote: »
    Guys help: just received an email to send my passport info, photo, police check and degree cert asap.

Will a CRB check suffice for the police check. Also my mum has my degree cert and she lives in another country, are they strict about having this, as if so, I will need to send off for a duplicate... Any help, thoughts would be fab, don't wanna miss out!

Maybe if you get letter of confirmation from your college that you've graduated etc. and that may do them for the time being? I need to get mine translated to English cos i was conferred with mine in Latin.. such a money racket >:(

Charmaine1 wrote: »

They are strict about having this otherwise they won't be able to authorise your visa. You will need to get your degree attested anyway so you will need the original. CRB check should be fine, the basic one: rather than the enhanced one. :)

Maybe if you get letter of confirmation from your college that you've graduated etc. and that may do them for the time being? I need to get mine translated to English cos i was conferred with mine in Latin.. such a money racket >:(

Thanks for this 11811Karen, managed to get hold of my cert...fingers crossed!

micky2122 wrote: »
    They are strict about having this otherwise they won't be able to authorise your visa. You will need to get your degree attested anyway so you will need the original. CRB check should be fine, the basic one: rather than the enhanced one. :)

Thanks Micky, jheeze, this is a long process ey!

• Advertisement

micky2122 wrote: »
    Hey! Congrats :) have they told you your flight times or what year you'll be teaching?

No flight times yet....and haven't been told what year I'm teaching. I'm presuming I'll be flying on the 15th from Dublin like the rest :-)

Are we flying out on the 15th? thought it was the 17th no?:O

My contract begins on the 17 th over there.... I haven't received flight details yet so not take my word for it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smallmary

Hi, I am also moving to Bahrain in August, anyone flying from Ireland on the 14th?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eoinmjmac

Are we flying out on the 15th? thought it was the 17th no?:O

Yup flying on the 15th and according to the contract we start on the 17th. Im going to Sharjah too so I presume your on the same flight as me via Frankfurt.

Hey Eoin.

Oh brilliant...so you got your flight details and all? i've heard nothing yet :/ . Do you know where you'l be living :O?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LolaM

Hi guys
    Was wondering if anybody could tell me what is the dress code for the sabis schools for women teachers, are dresses and skirts allowed and how long do they have to be and are short sleeves allowed, leaving this month and I really have not a clue what to pack, would be grateful for any guidance thanks

Hey Lola....ya dresses and skirts are allowed but they have to be to the knee. I'm not 100% sure about tops....they have to be covering the shoulders anyway...but i think in Sharjah they have to be to the elbow...but they mightn't be too strict about that...hopefully anyway :/.....so basically we have to go around looking like nuns haha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LolaM

Hey Lola....ya dresses and skirts are allowed but they have to be to the knee. I'm not 100% sure about tops....they have to be covering the shoulders anyway...but i think in Sharjah they have to be to the elbow...but they mightn't be too strict about that...hopefully anyway :/.....so basically we have to go around looking like nuns haha :P
    Thanks so much was just unsure about what to pack, I know it's so hard to know what to wear, thanks again for the quick reply and good luck with your job,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Pixie250

Hi just wondering has anyone got an email this late to arrange their interview for positions this August!! I need to arrange it in the next day or so. But from reading everyone's posts I see that the departure date is just over a wk away!! I'm not only craping it about the interview but also about the departure date so close now too!!!! HELP!!

Advertisement