Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eoinmjmac

Hey Eoin.

Oh brilliant...so you got your flight details and all? i've heard nothing yet :/ . Do you know where you'l be living :O?

Yeah some of us were given the details last week, its flying on the 15th to Frankfurt and then onto Dubai. No we don't hear anything about the accommodation until we arrive, they will collect us and bring us to the accommodations.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 craftynici

Pixie250 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering has anyone got an email this late to arrange their interview for positions this August!! I need to arrange it in the next day or so. But from reading everyone's posts I see that the departure date is just over a wk away!! I'm not only craping it about the interview but also about the departure date so close now too!!!! HELP!!

Hi Pixie250, my friend last year had her interview in August and they told her within 2 days that she got the position. However, she missed the 1st wk of training as they didn't fly her out until the 23rd of August... I wouldn't worry too much about it... Best of luck with the interview :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

Is it 12 pictures we have to bring with us? Will ordinary passport photo's do, like the ones you get from a machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 craftynici

sunrise91 wrote: »
    Is it 12 pictures we have to bring with us? Will ordinary passport photo's do, like the ones you get from a machine?

Hi sunrise91, I think it is 12 photos but it really depends on the school you are going to... Some ppl have to bring 8 and others have to bring 12. Bring 12 photos just in case. My school (Khalifa City) require 8 photos that show my shoulders.... Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LolaM

Hi guys was just wondering if any one could help me, I was just wondering how much money would need to bring and when we get paid

• Advertisement

Just finding it hard to raise funds and going in two weeks so if anybody could help would be v grateful about how much we need to bring and how quickly we get paid

Really urgent if someone could just give me some advice would be really grateful, thanks in advance guys

• Registered Users Posts: 31 silverlinings

I went over a few years ago and brought about €800 I could have made it last until pay day but shopping in dubai mall got the better of me. The school I was in offered advances on our wages the first month because they knew people would be stuck but we were there about 5-6 weeks before we were paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Just after having my telephone interview and I was told it was for a PE teacher role in Sharjah.
    Sharjah seems to be the strictest of the states in terms of clothes. Does anyone have experience of living there? I don't so much mind it being a dry state as its only 20mins from Dubai for weekends out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Leapfrog11

Hi, I know I've seen something about this in this thread but can't find it now. Did you guys have to get your degree translated into English before it was attested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

timbertime wrote: »
    Just after having my telephone interview and I was told it was for a PE teacher role in Sharjah.
    Sharjah seems to be the strictest of the states in terms of clothes. Does anyone have experience of living there? I don't so much mind it being a dry state as its only 20mins from Dubai for weekends out.

Don't worry Sharjahs grand! Its the biggest Sabis School, lots of teachers!!! Just in malls and at work keep your knees and shoulders covered. You have to dress respectfully in all the schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

M442 wrote: »
    Don't worry Sharjahs grand! Its the biggest Sabis School, lots of teachers!!! Just in malls and at work keep your knees and shoulders covered. You have to dress respectfully in all the schools.

Thanks M442. just after being emailed my contract! It's all happening so quick. Is anyone else going out as a PE teacher. They seem to emphasis that we need to do a lot of weekend work?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 11811Karen

Hey guys, just got told im flying out on the 18th but no details of flight until tomorrow. Anybody else flying on this date?
    Also how necessary is it that our degrees are translated and attested? My visa has come through and i sent a copy of my degree in latin (they asked for this cos it wasnt translated) so will i still be asked for my attested certificate does anyone know?
    Alos, does anybody know if we get told about our accommodation in advance??

any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lisa333

Hi all.

I have just been offered a teaching position in Ruwais City!! I have accepted.. :) A little bit nervous!! Is there anybody else going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lisa333

Hi I just had an interview last Sunday and was offered a job in Ruwais City and I have accepted but I have no flight details yet.. Best of luck!!

also, anybody else heading to Dubai city?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Laurzz

Yes I ve got a job in Dubai city as well when are you moving? I am moving over next week!! Very nervous...

Yep you need to get it translated first!

11811Karen wrote: »
    Hey guys, just got told im flying out on the 18th but no details of flight until tomorrow. Anybody else flying on this date?
    Also how necessary is it that our degrees are translated and attested? My visa has come through and i sent a copy of my degree in latin (they asked for this cos it wasnt translated) so will i still be asked for my attested certificate does anyone know?
    Alos, does anybody know if we get told about our accommodation in advance??

any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks :D

Hi Karen, you going to Dubai? I was asked to fly on this date but I can t fly until the 25th. Yep I think we have to get them attested but I think it has to be in English? Also did you get asked for 12 photos as well? Thanks

Leapfrog11 wrote: »
    Hi, I know I've seen something about this in this thread but can't find it now. Did you guys have to get your degree translated into English before it was attested?

Yep I think you have to get it translated first before its attested by the dept. of foreign affairs and the Arab Irish chamber of commerce. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

ya it really is!! :D

has anyone heard of or being hired as spare teachers?? im scared of getting moved!!

Hey Karen, I ve been hired as a spare teacher in Dubai city as well!!

Laurzz wrote: »
    Hey Karen, I ve been hired as a spare teacher in Dubai city as well!!

hey Laurzz, Im a spare teacher as well.. its in Dubai Investment Park.. Same school?? Thanks for your help.. I've applied to get my degree translated and ill get my mum to get the rest done! Mammy's are the best eh :D
    and yes got asked for 12 photos!! what are they gonna do with 12 photos?!!!! lol!

hey Laurzz, Im a spare teacher as well.. its in Dubai Investment Park.. Same school?? Thanks for your help.. I've applied to get my degree translated and ill get my mum to get the rest done! Mammy's are the best eh :D
    and yes got asked for 12 photos!! what are they gonna do with 12 photos?!!!! lol!

I know where are they going with 12! I am not sure I think it's near Dubai college? It might be the same one!! :) it's very exciting! Are you going over this week?

Laurzz wrote: »
    I know where are they going with 12! I am not sure I think it's near Dubai college? It might be the same one!! :) it's very exciting! Are you going over this week?

Oh maybe, they said it was in the investment park anyway when they offered me the job!! ya I'm travelling on Sunday, direct which is pretty handy!
    Only got my tickets yesterday and have started to really get excited now!! No idea what to expect from the teaching but sure we'll see how it goes; and hopefully I wont be moved from Dubai, being a spare teacher!

Oh maybe, they said it was in the investment park anyway when they offered me the job!! ya I'm travelling on Sunday, direct which is pretty handy!
    Only got my tickets yesterday and have started to really get excited now!! No idea what to expect from the teaching but sure we'll see how it goes; and hopefully I wont be moved from Dubai, being a spare teacher!

Oh def same here hopefully they won't! That's great! I won t be over until next Sunday and its direct as well which is great! Do you know people over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 louisvuitton

Hi All!

This forum is great, glad I came across it. I've got my telephone interview tomorrow, I told the lady on the phone today that Dubai is my preference and Sharjah is an option. I guess I should say tomorrow that Abu Dhabi is my second choice? From what you guys have been saying, it's far better than Sharjah? Anybody else have an interview tomorrow? Avril :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Anyone going/gone to Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi? Got offered a position this afternoon. A bit terrified, to be honest. So much has to be done in a tiny amount of time.

I know a lot have already gone over there. Do you think Monday week (26th August) would be too late to head over there?

Also, if anyone has any experience with SABIS and is available for a Skype or phone call, I would appreciate it.

Also, I'm a bit perplexed by part of the contract.

In part 8 (viii) it says
    "If a teacher signs this contract and then in breach of contract fails to arrive in the UAE or to carry out his/her duties there or leaves the school before the end of the year (s)he will be liable to compensate the school in respect of loss incurred by it as a result of termination of the contract by the teacher a minimum of half a month’s salary remuneration in respect of each month of the remaining period of the contract"

Don't like the sound of that. It's a bit draconian. Do you think they might remove it if asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 louisvuitton

Hey, I've just accepted my place in Muscat starting next week! When you are heading out? Maybe you're there already, I'm lastminute.com :) Would love to hear from ya! Avril

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FiFiT

Hi, I applied online to teach in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai only 3 weeks ago and got a call today to arrange a phone interview for 2moro. I'm just wondering what previous interviews have been like? And, is there anyone else in the same boat, because it seems to be very last minute as everyone else appears to be all organised and set to fly out within the next week? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 c.k28

FiFiT wrote: »
    Hi, I applied online to teach in either Abu Dhabi or Dubai only 3 weeks ago and got a call today to arrange a phone interview for 2moro. I'm just wondering what previous interviews have been like? And, is there anyone else in the same boat, because it seems to be very last minute as everyone else appears to be all organised and set to fly out within the next week? :confused:

Hi fifit, did you have your interview yet??

Advertisement