Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reese's peanut butter cups

Options
  • 10-03-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Who has tried these?

As a peanut butter lover, as soon as I discovered these existed, I wanted them. Got some delivered today and may I say they are the nicest things EVER! I got the regular milk choc ones and the white choc ones, although they come in a few other flavours.

reeses_peanut-butter-cups1.jpg

They don't really sell Reese's stuff here (they're made by Hershey's, so they're big in the US), which is a shame. I've used both eBay and sweettoothcandy.ie to get them. eBay does tend to have the better deals, but I used the latter company for the white choc ones, which eBay dont seem to have at the moment.

If you like peanut butter, you very well might like these.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

They are very awesome.

I'm pretty sure they sell them in a few places here. I used to get them in Centra all the time! Not sure about the white ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

If you like the Reese's cups, you should try Reese's nutrageous,

product_banner_nutrageous.jpg

These are absolutely amazing. If you like Star Bars you'll love these. Most Spars and Centras have Reese's chocolate. Aldi were selling them also.

Avoid Heshey's kisses, these are gank. Theres a taste of oil of them they are brutal.

hershey-s-kisses-hugs-70-c%5Bekm%5D518x275%5Bekm%5D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

Love the peanut butter and chocolate combination and order this for me and my g/f every few weeks its good value and very fast shipping, think it works out at under a euro a bar!!
    eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=120460078673

http://cgi.ebay.ie/AMERICAN-CANDY-ASSORTMENT-REESES-Peanut-Butter-Bars_W0QQitemZ120460078673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0bfaee51

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

D1976 wrote: »

These are absolutely amazing. If you like Star Bars you'll love these. Most Spars and Centras have Reese's chocolate. Aldi were selling them also.

Tried one just the other day! I've found that Spars tend to have Reese's chocolate, although here in Cork all they have is this variety, on one occasion I did see cups, but that was in Dublin. Looking back, I regret not picking up the entire shelf and buying the lot!
    Love the peanut butter and chocolate combination and order this for me and my g/f every few weeks its good value and very fast shipping, think it works out at under a euro a bar!!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/AMERICAN-CANDY-ASSORTMENT-REESES-Peanut-Butter-Bars_W0QQitemZ120460078673QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0bfaee51

Brilliant! Thanks for the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Mmmmm peanut butter cups, they are very very nice, not enough in a packet though!

• Advertisement

Yeh they sell them a fair bit in Dublin.

You should try peanut butter m&m's, now they're scrummy!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

They sell them in loads of places in Ireland. They're rank though.

Yeah, I must be unlucky in my searches.
    Faith wrote: »
    They're rank though.

I guess they're a love or hate thing. I do know that us Europeans aren't generally fans of the chocolate/peanut butter combination, hence why you don't see it in more sweets here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

bp1989 wrote: »
    I guess they're a love or hate thing. I do know that us Europeans aren't generally fans of the chocolate/peanut butter combination, hence why you don't see it in more sweets here.

No, I'm obsessed with peanut butter M&Ms, think they're the best thing ever. But I just can't stand the cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Aldi often have 3 packs of the Nutrageous and the cups, usually stock up then!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah these are widely available over here. They're alright I suppose.

If I want peanut butter then I want it between two slices of brown bread accompanied by some chilled jam and a pint of milk. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

The miniature ones are the nicest, but they're not sold here unfortunately. Which reminds me, I have a bag at home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Mini cups are fab! Tis an awful shame you can't get them here.

I like peanut butter, and a good few of those products, but I tried the peanut butter m&ms again recently and didn't like them at all. Might be my tastes have changed, but don't think I'd try em again.

Really wishing I wasn't off chocolate for lent lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Where in Dublin can you buy Reese's??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Peanut butter M&Ms? Where can I get those?

Anyone try the peanut butter eggs they do? They are even better than the cups, the peanut butter to chocolate ratio is much higher, and they just taste smoother.

Don't sell them here though, only via US import :( I guess you have to really like your Reese's to go to such trouble, but I do really like them:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

I love them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

D1976 wrote: »

Avoid Heshey's kisses, these are gank. Theres a taste of oil of them they are brutal.

hershey-s-kisses-hugs-70-c%5Bekm%5D518x275%5Bekm%5D.jpg

Spot on D1976.

I'm a fiend for Nutrageous!!!!!:o

And Kisses taste like sick, and not as in that tastes a bit weird, kinda like sick. THEY TASTE LIKE SICK!!!!

Where are you based OP, I got cups and nutrageous last Saturday night in the little shop beside XtraVision in Malahide. They have a good few different Reeses and Hersheys products.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Cork :( Dublin always gets all the good stuff!

Although I was told of a certain bagel bar here that sell the cups, have yet to check them out. God knows they charge through the roof for them though, their bagels are overpriced as it is.

• Advertisement

bp - I'd try your local spars/centras etc, because I've found quite a few shops are starting to stock Reeses Cups. Also sometimes Lidl/Aldi (I can never tell the difference) do them.

+1 to Herseys tasting like sick.

star-pants wrote: »
    bp - I'd try your local spars/centras etc, because I've found quite a few shops are starting to stock Reeses Cups. Also sometimes Lidl/Aldi (I can never tell the difference) do them.

+1 to Herseys tasting like sick.

Have tried virtually all in Cork city centre, found Nutrageous and the pieces. Still no cups though:mad: Local Aldi/Lidl don't stock them! I'll keep ordering online if I have to, but the shipping costs makes each pack average out to nearly 2 euro, which really is extortionate.

I have seen the cups in Spars in Dublin, no idea why they won't bring them down here though.

Yeah, Hershey's choc is really oily. Thank god the pb is so good :pac:

Booourns to Cork so! :)

Have you tried http://www.sweettoothcandy.ie/default.html ? (their site is under construction atm, but they're a couple based in Dublin who run the place, and they post orders within Ireland) Just might be an idea if it worked out cheaper than your current place?

star-pants wrote: »
    Booourns to Cork so! :)

Have you tried http://www.sweettoothcandy.ie/default.html ? (their site is under construction atm, but they're a couple based in Dublin who run the place, and they post orders within Ireland) Just might be an idea if it worked out cheaper than your current place?

Tried them, very expensive also. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

bp1989 wrote: »
    Tried them, very expensive also. :P

What cork city centre shops have the nutrageous bars? >_> I'd be interested to know

megcork wrote: »
    What cork city centre shops have the nutrageous bars? >_> I'd be interested to know

Spar across the road from the adult video store (near the bus station), along with the bagel place right next to Subway on Oliver Plunkett st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I've become a little addicted to these, I put them in a fridge or freezer for a while, makes them taste all the better! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

That little newagents in temple bar, near the music wall of fame has them i think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I passionately love them! Tell you what's just lovely.. sitting with the shell of a Cadbury's chocolate Easter egg shell and a jar of smooth peanut butter. Plaster it on and make a beast of yourself mmm!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I fricken love them, I actually started a thread about them a few years back, had a look in the vault to see could I dust it off but can't find it now :( ah well..

Hai 5 o/

:D

Advertisement