Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGPO will not work

Options
  • 10-03-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

I just can't get the damn thing to work.

Long story short, when it does let me log in , I can't chat, I can't change lobbies properly , I can't see most if any other players at all. I can't spectate and I can't play.

I'm using the same installs of the program I had on my machine from when GGPO 1st supported 3s (seems its not even updated since) on my PC and my laptop.

Same crap on both.
    Reinstalled it on my pc, same crap.
    There are other people with this issue and there is currently no solution that I can find.

Btw of course I've forwarded all ports bla bla bla

Its looking like it might be my ISP as I used to be eircom, now I'm UPC.

Is anyone on here that has GGPO on UPC/NTL? Can they use GGPO? Is their router the Cisco EPC2425?

I wanna play some 3s, super arcade is shite 2df is dead, GGPO is all I have, and my head is wrecked. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I just can't get the damn thing to work.

Long story short, when it does let me log in , I can't chat, I can't change lobbies properly , I can't see most if any other players at all. I can't spectate and I can't play.

I'm using the same installs of the program I had on my machine from when GGPO 1st supported 3s (seems its not even updated since) on my PC and my laptop.

Same crap on both.
    Reinstalled it on my pc, same crap.
    There are other people with this issue and there is currently no solution that I can find.

Btw of course I've forwarded all ports bla bla bla

Its looking like it might be my ISP as I used to be eircom, now I'm UPC.

Is anyone on here that has GGPO on UPC/NTL? Can they use GGPO? Is their router the Cisco EPC2425?

I wanna play some 3s, super arcade is shite 2df is dead, GGPO is all I have, and my head is wrecked. :mad:

YES I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, EXACT SAME ROUTER AND ISP

WTF, really though, I mesed with all sorts of settings on the home page and none seem to be doing the trick.

Are you on wired or wireless? On my old eircom router I used to get 60 second lags but I find a fix in Windows, now for some reason, it doesn't work with my new router/internet. So ****ing sickening

I'm on wireless and even when I press log-in, nothing shows. If I do log in, I can't change rooms or even see ****

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I just had a good 20 matches there.

And I'm on UPC, with their router/modem & an Airport Extreme base station. It was a bit laggy though.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I just had a good 20 matches there.

And I'm on UPC, with their router/modem & an Airport Extreme base station. It was a bit laggy though.

Did you change any router settings at all Kiki?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I opened up UDP ports 6000-6009 and TCP 7000 on the Airport; that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Which router is it kiki cause they have different ones. Ramza, sounds 100% like you have what I have.

Ramza I'm using wireless yeah. But I don't think thats the issue, at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I opened up UDP ports 6000-6009 and TCP 7000 on the Airport; that's it.

If you are using an Airport base station, then you are probably not using the crappy router that UPC provide by default.

Wait ramza, hold on a sec, from what I remember, one of the times I was trying to get ggpo working, I kept getting challenges from you, of course I couldnt accept or do anything but obviously it was working for you recently enough?

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Wait ramza, hold on a sec, from what I remember, one of the times I was trying to get ggpo working, I kept getting challenges from you, of course I couldnt accept or do anything but obviously it was working for you recently enough?

That was when it worked with my old ISP

ah so you only recently changed. Damn so I guess it is ISP's, **** IT!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's not ISP.

I've had GGPO working fine on UPC.

The equipment they send you is really poor though.

Is it a combi modem/router or a modem and seperate router?

If it's the white router they send out, then just replace it yourself as it's fairly useless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement