Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone Recommend a good Gamer headset

• 10-03-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Turtle Beach X41s, surround sound and wireless.
    http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx4/home.aspx
    http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/turtle-beach-ear-force/4505-13831_7-33785941.html

You can get cheaper versions/options is you dont need wireless or full surround sound.

I'm very pleased with mine and no issue with sound quality, even when mine's setup beside my wifi router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

+1 for turtle beach, i only have the x1s but they're great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

+1 x1's are cheap, and reliable.
    If you dont have the money to spend on the x41's then the x1's are a great alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Another recommendation for the X1s here. Really nice headset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    +1 x1's are cheap, and reliable.
    If you dont have the money to spend on the x41's then the x1's are a great alternative.

I have the x31s, they are kinda the middle option with wireless and just stereo sound, they also have a base boost and stereo expander but if you dont mind a wire going from your headset to the xbox you should probably go for the x1s as they are a lot cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Turtle Beach X41s, surround sound and wireless.

I'm very pleased with mine and no issue with sound quality, even when mine's setup beside my wifi router.

+1 - I have the older X4s and the base station is right next to my router - no problems at all, quality sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

would the x31s be worth the upgrade from the x1s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Bit off topic here, sorry OP.

I got these for ps3 a while back http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efx1a/home.aspx

And I don't think it came with the cable for xbox. Anyone know what I might be missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Do you mean the cable that connects to the controller for chat to work?
    X3_home_tn_controller.jpg

That thing? Send them an e-mail and they might send you out a free one. You can get them on ebay for a few quid i think anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

EGriff wrote: »
    Do you mean the cable that connects to the controller for chat to work?
    X3_home_tn_controller.jpg

That thing? Send them an e-mail and they might send you out a free one. You can get them on ebay for a few quid i think anyway,

That's the one, thanks bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

mailrewop wrote: »
    would the x31s be worth the upgrade from the x1s.

Never had the x1s but if you already have them then I doubt there is much point in upgrading unless you really need the bass boost/wireless as these appear to be the main advantage of the x31s. If you had neither then maybe the x31s but I doubt they are worth an upgrade unless you are having problems with the wires.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I got myself a pair of Tritton AX360's on the cheap ($50), great headset for that price, 5.1 headset with 4 speakers in each cup makes em a lil bulky but well worth it. Mic works on 360 and PS3, main reason I got em so I could use them on both.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

rizzla wrote: »
    I got myself a pair of Tritton AX360's on the cheap ($50), great headset for that price, 5.1 headset with 4 speakers in each cup makes em a lil bulky but well worth it. Mic works on 360 and PS3, main reason I got em so I could use them on both.

I just ordered the AX720 - got them reasonably cheap aswell, can't wait to get them, they look great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Had my eye on them alright. Where did you get them for that stupidly cheap price though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Trust 5.1 Surround Sound Pro Gamer Gaming Headset anyone used these before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

They won't work on your xbox, PC only.

Had my eye on them alright. Where did you get them for that stupidly cheap price though?

Amazon a couple months ago. Think they were on special.

mayordenis wrote:
    I just ordered the AX720 - got them reasonably cheap aswell, can't wait to get them, they look great.

I was gonna get the ax720 till I found the ax360's real cheap. The ax720 look sweet though.

Amazon a couple months ago. Think they were on special.

I was gonna get the ax720 till I found the ax360's real cheap. The ax720 look sweet though.

Aye I prefer the styling on the ones I'm getting but the 360 is by far and away higher quality by all accounts, how did you manage to get the 360'd if you don't mind me asking?

mayordenis wrote: »
    Aye I prefer the styling on the ones I'm getting but the 360 is by far and away higher quality by all accounts, how did you manage to get the 360'd if you don't mind me asking?

Just through Amazon. I was looking everywhere for a headset that'd work on PS3 and 360. Found the 720's first, then through the brand name found the 360's and saw how cheap they were. I don't think there in production anymore now though. Just the 180's and 720's.

Just through Amazon. I was looking everywhere for a headset that'd work on PS3 and 360. Found the 720's first, then through the brand name found the 360's and saw how cheap they were. I don't think there in production anymore now though. Just the 180's and 720's.

that's unbelievably good nicely done.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    They won't work on your xbox, PC only.

Burger just bought them on ebay are you sure

Pot wrote:
    Burger just bought them on ebay are you sure

Well as headphones you could hook them up and get audio but you won't be able to use them as a headset.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Well as headphones you could hook them up and get audio but you won't be able to use them as a headset.

Whats the difference both usb

Pot wrote:
    Whats the difference both usb

Maybe I'm wrong, as far as I know Xbox Audio (Game/DVD audio) can only go through the back ports (Componant, HDMI, VGA, Optical) and the voice communication has to go through the little port on the xbox controller that you plug the standard headset into.

Im going to have to return them now:mad: Thanks for all the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I've got a set of Tritton AX360's for sale on Adverts for €85. They're in mint condition and rarely used due to being my backup set. Really good quality headset and mic.

Only reason I'm selling them is because I've also got a set of X4's and a new set of X41's. If anything the sound quality is better on the AX360's than on the Turtle Beach headsets because they have three or four speakers in each cup as opposed to simulated surround sound in the Turtle Beach sets. Only reason I use the wireless one's instead is because I've two young dogs that keep jumping on me when I'm playing... not a good thing with wires to the console!

PM me if you're interested.

Anyone know where to get X41 on the cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Anyone got the new x11's yet ?
    They seem to be the replacement for the x1's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

They are very good but they are wired , i have the x3's (wireless)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

saw a pair of what i think were x1's (wireless RF headphones) in GAME there last week for what i thought was €14.99, my eyes nearly stuuck to the box, couldn't believe the bargain, thought they were on a stock clearance sale, made a bee-line for the cash desk, the assistant scanned them in, i could hardly contain myself! next thing it beeped up on the cash register screen- €114.99!!! :eek:

'gutted' wasnt the word! missed the '1' in front of the 14.99... :o:D

Advertisement