Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandstone flags getting dirty

• 10-03-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I have bright sandstone flags under my solid fuel stove & am afraid of them getting stained by ashes etc dropping from the stove when open - is there any kind of clear coating that could be applied to reduce the stone's porosity & allow it to be cleaned more easily? (if possible while maintaining its natural look).
    I know it's not the preferred material under a stove but it looks really good & I'd like to keep it that way...

Any advice welcomed :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yep. You can buy the stuff used to seal tiles. Its available in many tile shops. Just tell them you want to seal your floor. Its about 50 euro a litre and it will take about 2-3 litres to seal an adverage floor however I would clean it first with acid as you will seal the dirt in.

You also may need to do 2 or 3 coats around the stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

Thanks Joey ;)

Advertisement