Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bob Dylan - Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick 4th July 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Impressive coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 aliroly

I'll be going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Can't wait for this!!!!! :)

Anyone reckon this will sell out fast? The O2 gigs last May sold out very fast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

I live about 100 metres from the stadium and this just about makes up for Elton John and Rod Stewart being inflicted on us last year. Still a way to go to make up for Pink though. Whats Bob like live these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Presale started 45 minutes ago, anybody have any info on how to buy them in the presale????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I live about 100 metres from the stadium and this just about makes up for Elton John and Rod Stewart being inflicted on us last year. Still a way to go to make up for Pink though. Whats Bob like live these days?

well these days (like the last few years at least) he can't sing for sh*t! His songs are unrecognisable due to his failing voice and often different time signatures on his live stuff compared to his recorded stuff..but people will go just to say they've seen the legend live...that was my motivation a few years ago anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Presale started 45 minutes ago, anybody have any info on how to buy them in the presale????

Presale code is MUNSTER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Rosie_McRose

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Presale code is MUNSTER

I just tried that and it didn't work for me.
    Anyone got another code?
    I desperately want tickets to this - do you think it'll sell out quickly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I just tried that and it didn't work for me.

Its working for me! Are you sure you putting in the code correctly?
    I desperately want tickets to this - do you think it'll sell out quickly?

Yes.

• Advertisement

well these days (like the last few years at least) he can't sing for sh*t! His songs are unrecognisable due to his failing voice and often different time signatures on his live stuff compared to his recorded stuff..but people will go just to say they've seen the legend live...that was my motivation a few years ago anyway :)

I gotta disagree with you, as for changing the time signatures and song styles, Bob has always done this, in fact he has always done the opposite to what people wanted!, As for his voice well yeah its changed alott and I guess its either love it or hate it, he is quit croaky these days and sings the songs more bluesy to suit, No doubt there will be disappointed people leaving having expected Bob to sound the same as he did singing Blowin in the Wind when he was 20!!! as for me this will be my 12th Dylan gig and I truly believe he puts on a great show along with top quality musicians!

Thomond Park holds near to 27,000 people! that must be the biggest Irish audience Bob's played to in a good while! maybe ever!

Anyone got any ideas for support? I dunno why but for some reason I can't get Van Morrison out of my head! Its been a long time since Van last played here, and as far as I know himself and Bob are good friends, If he brought his Astral Weeks tour here the demand would be crazy!!! maybe wishful thinking, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Rosie_McRose

I don't know whay that wasn't working for me. I logged out of ticketmaster and them followed the link again and it worked fine second time.
    Got my tix now thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Got my ticket. Heard that David Gray:( and Seasick Steve:D are playing support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

where did u hear that?

Can't say. Hope Seasick Steve is right, he is brilliant:D. David Gray will be handy for a trip to the bar.

EDIT: Confirmed http://www.hotpress.com/news/6319555.html

YESSS!! Also two more acts to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DylanJames

Got my ticket yesterday, it'll be my 3rd time seeing Dylan and 4th time seeing Seasick, gonna be a great gig!

RonMexico wrote: »
    Got my ticket. Heard that David Gray:( and Seasick Steve:D are playing support.

Yeah I guess that's official now, Its showing on Ticketmaster,

A little disappointing of a line up, but it could have been worse I suppose,
    I was hoping for another major act like Van Morrison!

The line up for Kilkenny a few years ago was better, The Violent Femmes and The Flaming Lips, they made for a great show! and Dylan didn't disappoint either the best performance I've seen from him!!!!

EDIT: Oh I didn't realize there was more acts to be announced!!! Fingers Crossed!!!

I could be wrong here but I can't imagine Van Morrison agreeing to pay second fiddle to anyone, Dylan included.

I could be wrong here but I can't imagine Van Morrison agreeing to pay second fiddle to anyone, Dylan included.

Yeah I guess it would be doubtful, especially since Van is on his Astral Weeks tour which would be a headline act! But I just noticed his new website is nearly done, and I thought he might launch it with new tour dates, and he hasent been to Ireland in a long time!!! I think himself and Dylan are kinda friends so that would make it more probable!

Van supported Dylan at Slane in 1984, he also supported Neil Young at Slane in 1993, I don't think Van minds playing support as long as the bill is a good standard of music, which is a great way of doing things!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Dylan's a bit of a legend. I'm not a huge fan of all his stuff, but you've gotta respect the guy! I was at Elton John and Rod Stewart last year, they were both good gigs.

Not really sure about P!nk yet. Not a fan, but she's alright. Also, I think she looks rather hot here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missundaztood

I see that album in shops and think "Hm, maybe I wanna see her live"! Shallow, I know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

didn't Van support Bob at the Smithwick's Source in Kilkenny a number of years ago now??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jess7

I'm looking for some advice on the stadium, I've never been and it's hard to get a good idea of it from the seating chart. I've seen Dylan several times but never in a venue this large so I'm not sure about the ticket situation. I usually just buy standing tickets but I'm going for seats this time. My question is are the seats like Croke park and the R.D.S. in that if you are sitting low down in sections your view is blocked by the people standing? Would I be better to buy tickets higher up in the sections? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Jess7 wrote: »
    I'm looking for some advice on the stadium, I've never been and it's hard to get a good idea of it from the seating chart. I've seen Dylan several times but never in a venue this large so I'm not sure about the ticket situation. I usually just buy standing tickets but I'm going for seats this time. My question is are the seats like Croke park and the R.D.S. in that if you are sitting low down in sections your view is blocked by the people standing? Would I be better to buy tickets higher up in the sections? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Hey Jess, the seating shouldn't be an issue at TP as there are terraced areas in front of both stands. This means that the front row of the seats in the stand are already at a decent height so viewing shouldn't be a problem.

The only risk would be if temporary seating was to be installed in the terraced areas in front of the stand and you got seats there...the view might not be great from there.

Once you click thru the various stages on Ticketmaster, you should be eventually given your seat numbers, row and section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I've never really been inspired by Dylan as it happens....

Oh Today?

I've just been sitting on the pavement shouting bout the Government:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

any news on the rest of the support???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Saw Dylan in Galway a few years ago and can safely say it was the worst concert I've ever been to.

Never again.

He's back on form though in the last year or so, I agree he was bad in Galway and Kilkenny but I've seen him a few times since then and he's been fantasic

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Can anyone tell me the name of the first track that is played on the radio advert for this gig? I hear the ad on 2FM all the time but don't know the first. It has a country sound to it but I can't find it on the 'Dylan' compilation album I have. Anyone?:confused:

I'd like to see Dylan live just for the experience but judging by youtube clips I've seen and what i've been told my a few mates, some of the songs are almost unrecognisible due to the way his voice is now. Although some others say his voice is better now than ever...

He's well worth seeing live and the song from the ad, although I haven't heard the ad, is from the album Nashville Skyline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

i like his live voice he changes the songs to match his voice, its more bluesy and jazzy now so thats how he plays the songs

Advertisement