Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's that time of year again......

• 10-03-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭

when thoughts turn to getting the turf cut for next winter, will we cut double or triple what we cut last year, what if next winter is twice as bad as last, would it be wiser to cut four times the amount. Oh decisions decisons.......time to flip that coin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

Best cut plenty because it wont be long beofre you wont be allowed to cut at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭medoc

When I was younger I hated even the thought of heading to the bog and swore I would never cut any turf when I was older. Although when I built my own house A couple of years a go I realised the price of oil. I now look forward to getting the aul plot home. I use oil as a back up but the main heating is the turf and a few BNM Briquettes, one fill does the best part of two years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Scawgeen

When the last sod gets thrown in the shed there's always that satisfying feeling of a job well done :)

Dunno about eating a dead sheep like Bear Grylls does in this video :eek: I think I'll stick to the ham sandwiches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

motorman wrote: »
    Best cut plenty because it wont be long beofre you wont be allowed to cut at all.

Explain?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭motorman

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Explain?:confused:

Proposed banning of turf cutting!!!
    32 bogs, and some 800 turf cutters, will be affected, eventually extended to a total of 139 bogs by 2014.

A report is supposed to be prepared for the minister on how to restore raised bogs, end turf cutting, and implement compensation methods for turf cutters affected by future bans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭C Eng

If anyones cutting this year, Id be interested in buying some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 papers21

I will be selling loads of turf , Tullamore area i got a cut done 2 weeks ago, if anyone interested leave me a message. Good Turf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 papers21

C Eng wrote: »
    If anyones cutting this year, Id be interested in buying some
    I will be selling loads of turf , hopefully in the next couple of weeks, if anyone is interested , you can leave me a message here, its good turf tullamore area.

Advertisement