Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun licence

Options
  • 10-03-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

lads whats the differance between a limited and an non-limited gun licence because one of the young local cops when i went to the station about the new licence told me there was no differance between them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Better off getting a non-limited.
    Difference used to be that a limited license cost €6 a year, would only allow you to hold 25 cartridges at any one time, and you were pretty much limited to shooting vermin.
    Theres now no difference in price since the new licensing system has been introduced.
    So go for the non-limited.
    In my opinion ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

sorry i forgot to mention i all ready have a gun licence for my gun and its a rifle and its a non-restricted licence but the cop told me to fill out the part on the new licence form for the land nomination details and it says that that section is to be fill out if a limited cert is being applied for but i have two letters of permission for two differant farmers and i dont want a limited cert so what do i do because he was snotty as fcuk about it

Ok. Buddy of mine is getting the exact same deal from his guys.
    I presume your talking about "5.2. - Farm/Land Nomination Details (c) (Complete this section if a Limited Certificate is applied for)"
    I know its a pain in the ass but your probably best off just filling in the section with the details of your 2 permissions and going along with the idiot of a garda.
    Limited licenses are only for shotguns(AFAIK), so you should still get your normal renewal for the rifle anyway regardless.

yes thats the part of the form i was talking about but its not just filling out the part of the form just to keep them quiet its a point i want prove in letting the young snotty power trip cop know his is wrong and that he dont know everything why should i fill out parts of the form that i dont have to i am sorry if i am coming across like a bit of an ass i am usually not but if the form says that that part its for a limited certificate thats what its for not a un-limited rifle cert like what i have and what i am applying for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

A friend of mine had the same problem wih his rifles He contactedt the FPU and they told him to get the local guards to contact them. It worked :D

• Advertisement

went up to the local gun dealer and he told me to go back into the cop shop and as for the sergeant so i did and apperently the form was filled out perfectly and the parts the young snotty cop told me to fill out i did not have to fill out at all so if you have the form filled out ok and some young copper tells you its not just ask for the sergeant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

when i handed in my app for the rifle i left the section about permissions empty and supplied my permissions on seperate paper, but when i handed it in the gaurd copied the permissions into the section, the way i understood it was that the section was for limited licence, was the gaurd right or wrong to fill it in

i handed in my permission on seperate sheets of paper as well but when i seen the boss of the station he said thats all i needed to do and i did not need to fill out the Farm/Land Nomination Details part of the form unless you are applying for a limited firearms cert there is another thing i had to do as well right out on a seperate sheet of paper why i needed a silencer and what type of scope i had on my gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pentium2010

Hey i was just wondering could anyone provide a bit of info for me. I was wondering is it possible for two people to hold seperate licences on one gun( DB shoutgun). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Yes, its possible for 2 people to be licensed on the same firearm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hey i was just wondering could anyone provide a bit of info for me. I was wondering is it possible for two people to hold seperate licences on one gun( DB shoutgun). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Yes, quite often a father ans son would hold the same licence. Pay twice for one gun though!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Under section 4.1 - Certificate Details - You enter the certificate number of the original license holder. So fill out the FCA1 with all the details of the the firearm and your personal details and put the license number of the holder into 4.1 and submit it.

On the seperate sheet of info required you can make a note of the fact that the firearm will be held with the first licensee on their premises. This is your decision as it may not be required.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement