Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking very nice for St. Patricks Day ?

Options
  • 10-03-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Going by the 12z today, it looks very nice for most parts of the country on Paddys Day. Slack S/W winds, mostly sunny and temps of around 12/13 degrees in coastal areas, rising to a high of 15 or 16 in inland areas. An exception seems to be far northern areas which look to be cloudier with spells of mostly light rain at times.

After the cool weather of the last while, its going to feel very pleasent with temps that high. Is it time to drag out the t-shirts and shades ? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Duiske wrote: »
    Going by the 12z today, it looks very nice for most parts of the country on Paddys Day. Slack S/W winds, mostly sunny and temps of around 12/13 degrees in coastal areas, rising to a high of 15 or 16 in inland areas. An exception seems to be far northern areas which look to be cloudier with spells of mostly light rain at times.

After the cool weather of the last while, its going to feel very pleasent with temps that high. Is it time to drag out the t-shirts and shades ? :)

Most St Patrick's days I remember are usually cold, blustery with hail showers and generally unpleasant all round. I am hoping though you are right, that we can stand outside and feel warm in a t-shirt and shades come the day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I was looking at charts earlier that said the complete opposite-- was going to be raining on paddys day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Most St Patrick's days I remember are usually cold, blustery with hail showers and generally unpleasant all round. I am hoping though you are right, that we can stand outside and feel warm in a t-shirt and shades come the day. :)

my memories of paddys days usually involve sun. drinkin in stephens green

but lately in involves painting fence and cutting grass ( other indicators or good weather)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

i hope it hits a high of exactly 9.5 C in dublin airport on paddys day . . . March forecast competition!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The weather forecast after the 9pm news on RTE said that its going to get unsettled after Monday with rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Yup looks like its coming Monday/Tuesday- staying and leaving on Thursday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

In fairness, March 17th's of recent have been excellent weatherwise. Anyone remember the thunder showers of 1995? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Latest yr.no update has me down for a dampish, drizzly St Patrick's day:

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Galway/Tuam/detailed_long.html

Seems to be the same story for much of the west and north, while the south and east looks to be somewhat drier.

Should be very mild though compared to recently, so let it drizzle on the parades all it wants! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Up to 31c in Laois for St Patricks Day. http://www.yr.no/place/Philippines/Pangasinan/Laois/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The one thing you want have is slack winds as all the charts are showing strong South to South West winds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement