Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Upgrades??

• 10-03-2010 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I asked eircom about their upgrades but they said they could not discuss it (I asked them on twitter lol). But he said '' there are a lot of exciting things going on in eircom at the moment ''. Does anybody have any details on these upgrades?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭iknorr

yeah there was talk about this a while back on a thread here

but it got locked as there wasnt "hard evidence" and too much speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yeah by "exciting" they probably mean they're gearing up for an increase in calls when they start enforcing their cap :p

I suppose it would be pretty good if they were to, say, dramatically increase the speed of their broadband packages to compete with the likes of UPC whilst also becoming more competitive from a pricing point of view. [/Dream]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Davek1312

Yeah by "exciting" they probably mean they're gearing up for an increase in calls when they start enforcing their cap :p

I suppose it would be pretty good if they were to, say, dramatically increase the speed of their broadband packages to compete with the likes of UPC whilst also becoming more competitive from a pricing point of view. [/Dream]

I know what you mean! Download caps and high prices should be a thing of the past but eircom are insistent on clinging to the past.
    They said they have no plans to invest in ftth but instead are investing in ''core upgrades''

Advertisement