Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Rubber Seals for tail light of MK1 focus

• 10-03-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi there people, wondering if anybody would be able to suggest anything to me here - I have a 2001 focus hatchback which is leaking water in behind the rear tail light due to a worn rubber seal which now needs to be replaced.
    Was in with my local ford dealer and they don't sell the seals separately :rolleyes:

Anybody know where I'd pick up a seal that'd do the trick and stop this leak for me, or what type of seal i'd be looking for?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

If you cant find the seals anywhere you could try putting a silicone sealer around where the seal goes and this will stop the water getting in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Hi there people, wondering if anybody would be able to suggest anything to me here - I have a 2001 focus hatchback which is leaking water in behind the rear tail light due to a worn rubber seal which now needs to be replaced.
    Was in with my local ford dealer and they don't sell the seals separately :rolleyes:

Anybody know where I'd pick up a seal that'd do the trick and stop this leak for me, or what type of seal i'd be looking for?

Thanks

Hi there,very common problem on the Mondeo also.i use 'Tigerseal' to seal them back & never had one leak again;)
    ps you will get tigerseal in most motor factors €15 a tube approx:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Thanks for the quick replies guys..
    mondeoman2 wrote: »
    Hi there,very common problem on the Mondeo also.i use 'Tigerseal' to seal them back & never had one leak again;)
    ps you will get tigerseal in most motor factors €15 a tube approx:)

Tigerseal, eh? Would that be something along the lines of a black silicone? Does it come off easy enough when lights need to come off for a bulb change or is it a re-apply job whenever a bulb goes kaput?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Tigerseal, eh? Would that be something along the lines of a black silicone? Does it come off easy enough when lights need to come off for a bulb change or is it a re-apply job whenever a bulb goes kaput?

Its a black silicone alright. Its the one I use also. Its fairly strong stuff though so getting it off is a little difficult :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Dean09 wrote: »
    Its a black silicone alright. Its the one I use also. Its fairly strong stuff though so getting it off is a little difficult :D

Sounds like fun! Ah well, I suppose its either that or putting up with draining water from the spare tyre well for the foreseeable future,
    Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Yeah it super strong,Great stuff,don't you change the bulbs from the Inside??,so you dont need to take the lense off;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I'd recommend Unibond Roof and gutter sealent, €5 a tube

it doesn't dry like normal silicone, stays malleable so you can mold it into shape once it starts to dry

very messy to put on when it's wet out the tube but really great stuff and once it's dried off and you can mold it into the right places,
    plus it doesn't look like a right botch job

I wouldn't use the likes of tigerseal/tec 7,
    just in case someone breaks the glass and you need to replace the light

Advertisement