Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway city-Wexford town???

• 10-03-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

i'm driving to wexford this wkend. never been before. which route would people advise. aa route planner sends me across country. athlone, tullamore, portlaoise, carlow etc. am i better off going to dublin and head south from there?? any advice would be appreciated???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

I suspect the quickest way is to drive via Dublin, and going around the M50 to the M11. It'll be motorway/ dual carraigeway 95% of the way - should take about 4 hours.

Otherwise, drive Galway - Tullamore - Portlaoise - Carlow - Wexford. Much shorter distance, but much crappier road - will take about the same time. You'll also miss a €2.90 toll.

The shortest distance route is Galway - Loughrea - Banagher - Portlaoise - Carlow - Wexford. I'd imagine driving along this route would have you tearing your hair out at the state of the roads though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

thanks cool mo,
    i was thinking as much. longer route but alot safer and prob quicker i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

yeah, it's Motorway/freeflowing dual carriageway all the way to Rathnew and then another stretch from Arklow to Clogh from Galway city.

Advertisement