Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what the cheapest cab service is around Dublin?

Options
  • 10-03-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Mods, feel free to move it if needed but i wasn't able to find any suitable forum.

I had to get back to Blanchardstown area yesterday with a whole load of gear (6 or so big bags). I couldn't have brought it on the bus as it was too much so i decided to get a taxi but as you know they were on strike. I rang up a cab service and got charged 30 euro which i thought was quite steep. I have to drop the gear back to college 2moro morning and i will need to get a lift in again. Does anyone reckon 30 euro was a fair price or could i get it better anywhere else? Would like to ring for the cab tonight so if anyone has any companies that are fairly reasonably priced i would appreciate it if anyone could post them here. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Here might help: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

Would they mostly not be on the meters anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

this shower advertise on the radio as being cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JuneBug29

It was 6 bags of big bulky light and camera stand, sound kits lights and cameras. It wasn't going to fit on the bus with me. I couldn't even carry it myself. Any helpful comments would be appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Guys, stop acting the sack with the OP and give 'em a straight answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

What college do you want to go to and what time do you want to go ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

assuming you are lugging this gear from Blanch into Town then I think 30€ is ok.

you could on the other hand ring one of the 20% off taxi numbers ( i.e. the ones on flyers sent through the door or sometimes on supermarket receipts ) book a wheelchair accessible taxi and throw your gear into the back. get the taxi guy to put it on the meter and get him to take 20% off at the end of the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

off the top of my head I can't remember any of those 20% off numbers but you might find them on this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055486136

Swords cabs are pretty good imo

Advertisement