Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look for a 22lr Scoring gauge.

Options
  • 10-03-2010 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a 22 Scoring Gauge for an shooting event that may get up and running soon. :rolleyes:
    A donation of one would be good but if not then any links on where to buy them?

scoring_plug_img3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Keep the faith Clive ;)

You know wishes do come true :)

Have no idea what your looking for tbh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

yeah what is that yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

You put it in a 22 bullet hole as it is 22 sized. The plastic ring is a magnifier lens.

When scoring a shot in a target if you can't see if a round is in or out of a ring you use this to help you see where the bullet hit and score ring better.
    It's a scoring aid.

BS now you know where I'm coming from.

Inward_s.jpg

An inward gauge is read towards the inside or center of the target—does the flange of the scoring gauge break or touch (is tangent to) the scoring ring? This doubtful shot scores “out.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Im sure it comes with a potest flag aswell:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Ahem....:D;)
    A donation of one would be good
    :rolleyes:

or i'm sure clivej might only need this on a short loan, if there's anyone out there who'd like to help out one of our fellow shooters in his hour of need?!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

If I happen to be at said event I could give a loan of a set of gauges.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

dCorbus wrote: »
    Ahem....:D;)

:rolleyes:

or i'm sure clivej might only need this on a short loan, if there's anyone out there who'd like to help out one of our fellow shooters in his hour of need?!:D;)

I'd be happy to loan one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

If I happen to be at said event I could give a loan of a set of gauges

which, of course, you will be attending, iwm!:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

You can also get negative scoring gauges which use the ring of the next scoring circle to gauge the shot. They're useful in situations where the shot hole is right on the scoring line and damages it to the extent that you can't tell if it's in or out. Negative gauges are target and distance specific.

So if it's a possible ten, the flange will be measured off the nine ring, if it crosses it, it's a nine and if it's inside it, it's a ten.

Then there's the multi shot hole gauge that can tell you how many shots are in one shot hole and graduated ones for tie breaks.

So many choices ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Advertisement