Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

having to sign in when switching to adverts.ie

Options
  • 10-03-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

Is it just me and my settings or does everyone have to sign in again when going to adverts from boards?

If it is me i apologise and would appreciate a pointer on rectification:o
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Yep, everyone has to sign in, although if you tick the "remember me" box when logging in to Boards.ie it should "remember" you for both websites. Probably best to do that only if you're the only person with access to your computer.

A bit quirky, but that's the way it works at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2 different sites; 2 different servers too, if im to be so presumptuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Overheal wrote: »
    2 different sites; 2 different servers too, if im to be so presumptuous.

It's the two different domains rather than servers that cause some of the grief. The two sites (mostly) share the same machines.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its a security measure in browsers if I'm not mistaken... otherwise my site www.comeseemylovelypairofcoconuts.com would be reading your paypal cookie for your password :)

Best solution is to click "remeber me" on both sites provided its a private machine.

DeV.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

DeVore wrote: »

I'm getting really fed up with the downtime on that site tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I have issues where I am logged into boards.ie and open a second tab in my browser to go onto adverts.ie. I log into adverts and switch back to my boards.ie tab and im asked to log back into boards. Its quite odd. I think that might be what the OP is referring to.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I want coconut cookies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

I'm getting really fed up with the downtime on that site tbh.

i dont think its down time - i think the site is trying to log in to your paypal account.
    faceman wrote: »
    I have issues where I am logged into boards.ie and open a second tab in my browser to go onto adverts.ie. I log into adverts and switch back to my boards.ie tab and im asked to log back into boards. Its quite odd. I think that might be what the OP is referring to.

ive never seen that and do do what you suggest. have you tried on a different browser ? maybe clear the cache (if i can suggest the simple things :)

Advertisement