Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Digital upscaling

• 10-03-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hello...

I had my Sky box going through my DVDR player and then had an HDMI cable to the TV.. My DVDR player seems to be bust and doesn't see that the Sky is connected to it anymore.. I have the DVD player about a year so I don't have any return.

Since this has happened I have to put my Sky via scart to my TV and the picture is very poor especially for matches.. Granted it wasn't top quality going through the DVD player but without the DVD player it's a lot worse.

I have a Philips 42" 5 series Full HD tv..

Is there any point in buying an scart to HDMI upscaler like this one?

Upscaler

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

treatyman wrote: »
    Hello...

I had my Sky box going through my DVDR player and then had an HDMI cable to the TV.. My DVDR player seems to be bust and doesn't see that the Sky is connected to it anymore.. I have the DVD player about a year so I don't have any return.

Have you tried getting in touch with the manufacturer of the DVDR or the shop where you bought it? Unless you dropped the player or misused it your consumer rights cover you for longer than the normal 1 year warranty period, basically all goods especially electronics have a life cycle that they are expected to last for through normal wear and tear.

I suggest that you give the shop you bought it from a call to fix/replace the DVD player as the current set up you have would probably be the best set up for upscaling the picture from the SKY box without having to buy an upscaler......

Advertisement