Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue helicopter in Balbriggan

Options
  • 10-03-2010 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone know what happened in Balbriggan this evening? The rescue helicopter was around for ages around the Bower area, hope nothing too serious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i would not worry too much bout it. that chopper is up and down the east coast the whole time. sometimes it would be in rush for ages too.

i hope its nothing though

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

Winched an eleven year old up from the rocks down at the Bower.

Some kid fell down there about 6 o clock. Fire Brigade and the Gardai couldn't get him up so they called in the helicopter. Kid was pretty badly shook up but I think he was ok.

Have to say I was impressed with the coast guard other than the little git who wouldn't let us walk up the road at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

good to hear he is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

From the Irish Times website:

A boy (12) who fell off a cliff near Balbriggan this evening, is said to be in a stable condition in hospital.
    The boy is understood to have fallen from a cliff at around 6.30pm this evening when rescue services were contacted.
    The Dublin Coastguard helicopter was dispatched along with the Skerries Coastguard team and the Skerries lifeboat.
    The boy was brought to Our Lady of Lourdes hospital in Drogheda where his condition was described as stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

hi, he is ok.He has two brokenarms.He had surgery the following day on one and was let home.Hes to make his confirmation next month.His mum was very greatful for all the kind ,get well wishes they recieved.cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Is it true it was actually Isaac's Hole he fell down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

So I belive.they had to cut his school uniform off him.He was trying to get his ball.poor little thing.

Advertisement