Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrot Cake

Options
  • 10-03-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,
    I had a gorgeous recipe for carrot cake, it was in a cookbook by Readers Digest I think it was called Easy Entertaining. Book was A4 size (sideways if you understand me) Hardback with a mostly white cover. But I lost it!! :(. Wud anyone out there have the book and perhaps send me the recipe, it was the only recipe I used in book.
    I have searched and tried other recipes but none are as nice. I dont remember using oil in it and all recipes I've tried do??
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

alanajane wrote: »
    Hi,
    I had a gorgeous recipe for carrot cake, it was in a cookbook by Readers Digest I think it was called Easy Entertaining. Book was A4 size (sideways if you understand me) Hardback with a mostly white cover. But I lost it!! :(. Wud anyone out there have the book and perhaps send me the recipe, it was the only recipe I used in book.
    I have searched and tried other recipes but none are as nice. I dont remember using oil in it and all recipes I've tried do??
    Any suggestions?

I can get you one but it wont be until saturday but there is no oil but my mum has it years so can't say where she got it, it may have been from a Canadian friend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

oh thank you and yes please Pembily. i can taste the oil in any others I've tried and the texture is not right for me. Cool thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭seabre

THE BEST carrot cake recipe ever! Look on joyofbaking.com there is oil in the recipe and it is the nicest thing I have evr baked - im not exaggerating. Lovely recipe for carrot cake muffins too! Let me know if it lives up to your originsl recipe cause I'd be amazed if there's a better one out there!!

Advertisement