Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards for Sale

Options
  • 10-03-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

One 8'6 Barland Gun
    Rhino Board Bag.
    Rhino Travel Bag
    Future Thuster Fins

One 6'3 Klimax Fixed fin thuster
    With Minor Ding

Dublin Based

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Selling the gun - man I just got one and was going to ask you for tips guess we are all settling down and moving in a land.

How's the long boarding going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

I love the longboard, but have to find a way of surfing it without trashing it:D

Getting it back next week, not sure the gun will go, so will give you a shout when the next decent swell hits:cool:

Selling the gun - man I just got one and was going to ask you for tips guess we are all settling down and moving in a land.

First off get yourself a big wave leash, something like this

http://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com/p-247-dakine-12ft-kainui-big-wave-leash-multiple-colors.aspx

Its not good to be attached to a small leash when wiping out, the surfboard can spring back at you and thats not good at all...

The longer leash is also handy when bailing, at times you can try to swim under the breaking away and hopefully you won't get dragged back over the fails

Its also handy to get used to the board before you head out in size, so take her out on a quite point breakand get used to the feel of the board

Have a good long look at the place your surfing, some waves its easier to take off in/on the pocket, it may be bigger but its way easier to paddle into than a steeper/faster shoulder

One other tip is to learn to wipeout properly, you can really damage your neck and shoulder if you hit the water at the wrong angle at speed.

You also don't have to paddle out to MMore or Aileans, there are plenty of big fat waves that break once or twice a year

rodento wrote: »
    First off get yourself a big wave leash, something like this

http://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com/p-247-dakine-12ft-kainui-big-wave-leash-multiple-colors.aspx

Its not good to be attached to a small leash when wiping out, the surfboard can spring back at you and thats not good at all...
    Don't know about that it's a old board it doesn't have a leash plug, they didn't have leashes then but there is a hole drilled in the fin suppose I could use that ;)

Just to let you know the lads in Peru surfed with 20ft leashs:eek:

• Advertisement

Just to let you know the lads in Peru surfed with 20ft leashs:eek:

20 ft Hawaiian or just 20 ft

What are the dems of your board and would you be happy paddling into triple overhead without a leash:eek:

What are the dems of your board and would you be happy paddling into triple overhead without a leash:eek:

Me no not paddling into that : I'm going to do a Johnny The Fox and stand on the shore with the board under my arm looking like I'm hard

Advertisement