Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lady drivers trying to kill me

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

have a look the next time you are held up at 60kph in the outside overtaking lane on the M50.......it'll be a women.......a rear view mirror is installed so theycan look at themselves as against the traffic behind.....i just dont think they have any concept of whats going on re traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

SARASON wrote: »
    Thats true there is a many bad men drivers and i am male btw. I see it every day driving god help some of the poor souls roung kanturk and newmarket if they were trying to go round the bleeding ballmun roundabout;);)

they havent mastered the Kanturk mini roundabout yet! The rule there now is Corktina first becasue if you keep driving, they all stop...suits me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Personally I'd be in favour of abolishing roundabouts entirely in favour of properly signalled junctions because:

1. Most Irish drivers don't know what lane to use, indicate, or indicate incorrectly - especially in the country.

2. Outside Dublin particularly I've noticed that no one gives you an inch on roundabouts or junctions anyway resulting in you having to "force"/guilt your way out by sitting across a lane till someone does let you out.

3. A lot of the newer ones have 2 lanes just as they approach the roundabout itself but the angles are so tight that really there's only room for one lane, resulting in people mounting the paved area around the roundabout itself as they go around it so as to avoid hitting the person in the "lane" next to them, or squeezing their way past the car in the left lane at the entrance to the roundabout - or driving 500 yards on the wrong side of the road just to get to this right-hand lane... of course the answer to this is to sit between both "lanes" at the top of the queue but this isn't really a solution either.

Oh and the council workers erect massive directional signs that then obscure your view of the oncoming traffic anyway :rolleyes:

Why can't we do ANYTHING right in this country?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The OP is a total fabrication. Read it carefully he claims three women used indicators before manoeuvering. Unbelievable. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

Every car/driver has a blind spot, drive defensively and recognise when your in it. Also you cannot influence others behaviour on the roads, only your own unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭highdef

aido 1976 wrote: »
    I really think somebody is out to get me today........

3 times today I had other drivers (All Women) try and run me off the road.

1> This morning, M50 Ballymun roundabout. Heading North
    I got off the motorway approched the 2 lane r/bout in the left lane intending to turn right/take the third exit. Indicated etc. The car that was in the right lane coming off the motorway suddenly decides lash on the indicator and make for the front/side of me in an attempt to shoot back onto the motorway. And she lashes on the horn.

Road markings and lane designations have changed a lot lately with the upgrades and I know for a fact that when I travel home, I come up the Ballymun Road northbound destined for the M50 NB. When I get to where the OP had his near miss, the left lane is marked as straight on ONLY (exit from roundabout to slip road of M50 NB ONLY) and the right lane is marked as straight on or right (exit from roundabout to slip road of M50 NB OR continue around roundabout towards Ballymun Road south). So yes, OP was wrong here.

The reason for the two lanes being available to turn off here is because they feed onto two lanes on the M50....left one destined for M1 north and southbound to CC and the right lane destined for N32 traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

as i joined the N2 southbound this morning this red car with iced up windows was in front of me (a good 20m), i noticed a car speeding along in the outside lane so i waited in the inside lane until he shot by (so i could do said shooting by everyone else)...
    The red car waited until the other car was literally right behind it and started moving out. thinking the red car saw the other car he started to keep going... but the red car kept going out.
    he tail gated the red car all the way in...
    I stayed well behind !

and when i passed the red car further up... indeed... was a woman driver.

http://www.samhail.com/articles/index.php?p=bmwdriver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I don't know why the motors forum is like this.

Everyone argues for the sake of it, it is possibly the worst motoring forum for:

Foglight haters/lovers
    Fastlane/Overtaking lane
    General bickering over "You were wrong !!" followed by pastes of pictures from the rules of the road :)
    Your doin your writin rong ...

Anyways op, assholes are everywhere. Just this morning I had a guy a foot from by rear bumper, he must have been doing well over 200km/h and had to plow on the brakes to come down to my speed.(speed limit was 120) when he had to slow down right behind me, started flashing his lights, weaving around the place even though I had nowhere to pull into the right lane, basically expecting me to put the boot down to get into a space so he could pass.

Wonder what would happen if I said I tapped on the brakes to get him to back off .. which I didn't, i just ignored him until it was safe to pull in :)

**RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE*** :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

*ponders*
    if you jam on the breaks cos the guy on the inside lane nearly swearved into your lane about to cause a fatal accident... and this guy behind you totaled his and your car... he would be totally at fault
    ... *ponders*

unless of course you were not driving a bmw and you were in the bmw lane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

That's no lady, that's my wife!

kazul wrote: »
    You were in the wrong lane, the other 2 were just poor observation/anticipation on your part

I know the roundabout. OP is correct - left lane in painted "City" just like the right lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

samhail wrote: »
    *ponders*
    if you jam on the breaks cos the guy on the inside lane nearly swearved into your lane about to cause a fatal accident... and this guy behind you totaled his and your car... he would be totally at fault
    ... *ponders*

unless of course you were not driving a bmw and you were in the bmw lane.

Ah dont be hating the bimmer drivers..:(

Just cos were a little bit more Smug than you!!!! Who doesnt love the smell of their own farts..:D

Anyway keithclancy hit the nail on the head there.. Stop moaning about the same **** everyday.. Anticipate the movements of other motorists and you will have no problems...

Driving is always easier on yourself with a little courtesy..

corktina wrote: »
    it reads to me as if she was in the RH lane taking the second exit (OK so back to the mway but that doesnt make it wrong) on a 2 lane roundabout meaning she was in the correct lane (or could have been the other one, doesnt matter) and the OP was in the completely wrong lane.

This particular roundabout is a hazard. I travel it every week. Left lane is painted R108 City, right lane is marked City. The OP was correct, the other not.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

OK, I checked the lane markings this morning on the Ballumun Slip, BOTH lanes are clearly marked City/B-Mun R108. As does the over head gantrys and signage.

The third exit off the roundabout is the road for City/B-Mun R108

That puts Aido in the right, Lady driver in the wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭simoniz

OK, I checked the lane markings this morning on the Ballumun Slip, BOTH lanes are clearly marked City/B-Mun R108. As does the over head gantrys and signage.

Just be careful next time, like what I did now specially on the double lane curve that most of the careless driver change line in the curve and taking my lane, It happens all the time here in Sussex Road Dublin 4 to South and Leeson street to City Both part of N11 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

simoniz wrote: »
    Just be careful next time, like what I did now specially on the double lane curve that most of the careless driver change line in the curve and taking my lane, It happens all the time here in Sussex Road Dublin 4 to South and Leeson street to City Both part of N11 I think.
    You'd want to be very new to driving to attempt that bend with a car near you in the other lane.;)

Oh right. I must check the signage at the next set of traffic lights this evening so, to be sure. These traffic lights are the ones on the roundabout itself, on the northside of the roundabout. I could be wrong but if not, the left lane is for the M50 north only and the right lane for M50 north and ballymun/R108. IF this is the case, then this not match up at all with the signage on the Ballymun slip.....that is, the M50 north off ramp. Something sounds very odd. I hope I am wrong about my thoughts of road markings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

I had a moment too. Some woman booted up behind me on the N4 and was so close I couldnt see her bonnet. It happened about 3 times untill I started braking everytime it seemed like she was going to do it again, not enough to have a crash but enough so she would keep away.

Its not like I was going slowly, I was in a line of traffic!
    Sadly it seems like she thought I was the bad driver judging by her facial expressions :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bbk wrote: »
    I had a moment too. Some woman booted up behind me on the N4 and was so close I couldnt see her bonnet. It happened about 3 times untill I started braking everytime it seemed like she was going to do it again, not enough to have a crash but enough so she would keep away.

Its not like I was going slowly, I was in a line of traffic!
    Sadly it seems like she thought I was the bad driver judging by her facial expressions :mad:
    That's not a great method of keeping tailgaters at bay, it's more likely to wind them up. I find the hazards get the message across without raising anyones blood pressure more than is necessarry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Lads and ladies I just arrived in Tunis for some business and let me say Irish driving is saintly.

They offered me a car to use while I was here and I refused saying ill just use taxis cause its handier and thank christ I did. I have never ever seen anything like it.

Its fooken crazy over here.

I put my seatbelt on in a taxi today and he says to me "no, no you dont need that sir" in my mind I was thinking "I have seen how everyone drives in this place so I think I need two thanks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It's stupid people, not women or men or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Ah dont be hating the bimmer drivers..:(

Just cos were a little bit more Smug than you!!!! Who doesnt love the smell of their own farts..:D

Anyway keithclancy hit the nail on the head there.. Stop moaning about the same **** everyday.. Anticipate the movements of other motorists and you will have no problems...

Driving is always easier on yourself with a little courtesy..

I saw that episode of South Park and I thought it was the Toyota Prius that caused that to happen :D.

On a similar note, I can imagine that guy in the states that had his one run wild on him earlier this week...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100309/ap_on_bi_ge/us_runaway_prius

....was smelling something else at the time and I don't just mean the brake pads burning either :pac:.

highdef wrote: »
    Oh right. I must check the signage at the next set of traffic lights this evening so, to be sure. These traffic lights are the ones on the roundabout itself, on the northside of the roundabout. I could be wrong but if not, the left lane is for the M50 north only and the right lane for M50 north and ballymun/R108. IF this is the case, then this not match up at all with the signage on the Ballymun slip.....that is, the M50 north off ramp. Something sounds very odd. I hope I am wrong about my thoughts of road markings.

Ok, checked yesterday evening and......

Coming up Ballymun Road from the city, the signage on the road on the approach to the roundabout says M50 & R108 on BOTH lanes!!! This would mean that you could be in the right lane for the R108 and the left lane for the M50 north......Is it just me or does that sound like an accident waiting to happen??? by the sounds of things, the slip road from the M50 north to the roundabout has similar road signage. It all seems very conflicting.

Can M50 traffic MGT confirm what the road marking and overhead gantries should have, going by the plans?

Something doesn't seem right here

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Ok, checked yesterday evening and......

Coming up Ballymun Road from the city, the signage on the road on the approach to the roundabout says M50 & R108 on BOTH lanes!!! This would mean that you could be in the right lane for the R108 and the left lane for the M50 north......Is it just me or does that sound like an accident waiting to happen??? by the sounds of things, the slip road from the M50 north to the roundabout has similar road signage. It all seems very conflicting.

Can M50 traffic MGT confirm what the road marking and overhead gantries should have, going by the plans?

Something doesn't seem right here

Same on the slip off the M50

So basically the road marking are done in such a way as to create collisions???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

So basically the road marking are done in such a way as to create collisions???

Technically, not if the driver approaching the 2nd exit from the Inner* lane makes sure there is no one already in the outer lane before s/he cuts across it. The driver in the Outer lane taking the 3rd exit isn't changing lanes as s/he drives around, however they should anticipate someone might cut across them.

In reality many drivers seem to be in too much of a rush and racing to get ahead of everyone else to even consider driving defensively.

*(skillfully avoiding confusion between right/left and right/wrong :D)

Advertisement