Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranking in a year

Options
  • 10-03-2010 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I never saw it anywhere on the SIS system (I went through under the old non-modular system) so I severely doubt it's there nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Unless you're top of the class and get the bursary attached to being #1 (assuming they still do that) I don't know that they do give out your ranking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I was in a similar situation a year or two ago and emailed to request it. I received a reply saying that they couldn't provide it anymore due to the complications of students outside the degree taking modules as electives and such (which I think is bs).
    Presumably you'll have an idea from your GPA so just use a range like top 2% or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Email the module coordinators for each module with your student number and the module codes that you did.
    I think the programme office used to have a list of everyone in the the year in excel, with GPA in one of the columns.
    Our lecturers just put up a list in the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I suppose it depends on the course, but contact the admin office for your old department and they should be able to help. I think I went to the school office who then had to contact the Dean when I had to find out two years ago...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

You can get your exact ranking if you are between the 1st and 10th student, beyond that in brackets of 10%. I emailed my Programme office and they emailed me right back with the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Em, i went into my schools office and they told me straight away...
    Go in and talk to them in person!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Like A Fox

I tried getting my ranking from the Health Sciences office and was told that they don't hand it out. It's apparently against the policy. Are they allowed to do that?

Advertisement