Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Courses/ Changing Courses.

Options
  • 10-03-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I thought I would start a new thread about this.

I am currently repeating Leaving Cert to get Medicine. In the really bad circumstances of me not getting Medicine(again) and going straight to another course such HEALTH & LIFE SCIENCES will I be able to at some stage transfer to Medicine or change my course to medicine.

Or is there any other routes that you may know of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭rantyface

Have they not changed medicine entry? I thought you didn't have to get 600 anymore and it was partly aptitude test. The only way I know of is applying for GAMSATs after you finish a degree, but if you didn't do well in the aptitude test first time around, another aptitude test won't be of any use. You'd also have to pay really high fees. To hurry the process along, you might find a three year BSc to do somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

Yes but it won't be medicine as such, it will be a side branch of medicine. Get a degree in something related to medicine, then you can opt to do a post-grad related to medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I was looking at transferring from arts to psychology, and was told I still needed the points to be able to transfer, so I'd assumer that'd be the same across the college.

Advertisement