Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drill - drill bit stuck in dril

• 10-03-2010 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi

I borrowed my dads drill and the drill bit got stuck in it and wont move. The chuck to loosen/tighten the drill bit is also stuck.

This drill doesn't seem to have the option to use a chuck key to automatically release it.

Even if you don't know how to fix it, if anyone knew a place where i could bring it to to get it fixed that would be great.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

is it chuckless as in you tighten it by hand?

i would say you bent the drill bit .

the ol lefty loosey rule might not apply on opening it as it may be counter screwed . so righty might be loosey not tighty:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

if not a chuck key type then hold onto the end of the drill (not the drill bit) and drill anti clockwise slowly while holding on tight. It should open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Is it an SDS drill?

Post up the model number if you can see it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

actually forgot about them. yeah if you diod not know it was sds you would have a harde time getting it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 disfordanger

hey

thanks for the replies. Its an Wurth master sb 13 rls.
    Its a hammer drill, i will give your suggestions a go this evening/tomorrow. I hope i can get it fixed!

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement