Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diet Query

• 10-03-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi All,
    Im 5 11" and approx 76kg and my current goals are to decrease my body fat and increase my strength and muscle mass while maintaining a weight of approx 76kg.

I have been doing the starting strength program the past month, combined with interval swimming 2 times a week and i am seeing results in terms of more muscle tone and strength.

My diet consists of 2 weetabix for breakfast (swapped this for beans, 1 piece of brown toast and 1 egg the past 2 days), 2 pieces of fruit at 12, a sandwich for lunch (turkey or chicken or ham) and for dinner brown rice alot of veg and a portion of meat eg pork chop, chicken fillet or fish.

Post work out I am unsure what to eat as I am not home til 9:30 and I am conscious of the " no carbs after 6 or 7". Also I think I am lacking enough protein in my diet and may end up losing muscle weight instead of fat.

All advice is welcome as I am open to suggestions to reach my goals.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭legend365

sul10 wrote: »
    my current goals are to decrease my body fat and increase muscle mass while maintaining a weight of approx 76kg.

Sounds impossible tbh :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I think NASA are aligning the satelite now to process the calculations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Seriously though, what's wrong with getting heavier and thinner?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sul10

lol I was trying to give as much detail as possible:D!!

nothing wrong with a couple of kgs up, I guess Im looking to ensure that any weight i do put on is going to be lean muscle.

Is my current diet and training a good method of achieving this? and also what would be a good post work out snack to aid lean gains as from reading some articles it looks like post workout eating is essential?

Thanks again

Advertisement