Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paddys day session options

Options
  • 10-03-2010 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭

anyone any good suggestions for paddys day? im lookin for a spot that if im early enough can get a seat or a corner with the mates, has good music (indie/rockish) on, and possibly a few drink promos.

not temple bar but anywhere else would generally be ok. anywhere on the georges/aungier/wexford streets strip with something decent on?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Antics at Crawdaddy (Harcourt St) are doing an early evening until late thing. Funeral Suits are playing and they're really fantastic, as well as the Antics and F.E.A.R. djs for indie, and some others for pop/dancey stuff.
    Fiver in, starts at 6pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Well its not Indie/Rock but the best place to go for St.Patricks day, without a doubt, is The Big Tree on Dorset Street. The atmosphere is excatly how St Patricks day should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

panda100 wrote: »
    Well its not Indie/Rock but the best place to go for St.Patricks day, without a doubt, is The Big Tree on Dorset Street. The atmosphere is excatly how St Patricks day should be.

Has it reopened?

Does anyone know of any places doing drinks promos on the Paddy's Eve? I don't like the city centre on St Paddy's Day, its too scary and I will be busy the next day anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

big tree has sign up saying it's closed for renovation but there's feck all work going on by the look of it. There's also a sign up saying some great innovation is planned. maybe being out of business is an innovation nowadays :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bambi wrote: »
    big tree has sign up saying it's closed for renovation but there's feck all work going on by the look of it. There's also a sign up saying some great innovation is planned. maybe being out of business is an innovation nowadays :pac:

I'm thinking the same thing.

I haven't seen any sign of life from there for awhile now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Check out the Twisted Pepper. Ampersand are doing an all day thing with three floors, indie/pop in the middle, house downstairs, and happy chilled out stuff upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

The big tree says it closed for (much needed) rennovations but I dont think they have started yet. It seems to open on big days such as when theres a game on croke park so maybe it might opne for patricks days to bring in some cash. I personanlly wouldnt go into it again. Kip

Dont htink Ill bother at all on patricks day, every idiot and there brother will be out pissed out of there head. Not worth the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Twee. wrote: »
    Antics at Crawdaddy (Harcourt St) are doing an early evening until late thing. Funeral Suits are playing and they're really fantastic, as well as the Antics and F.E.A.R. djs for indie, and some others for pop/dancey stuff.
    Fiver in, starts at 6pm.

Heading along there myself, know if there's any alcohol offers Twee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Heading along there myself, know if there's any alcohol offers Twee?

Crawdaddy offers are usually €2 alcopops, €3.50 pints, and some other specials. I assume Paddy's Day'll be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I'm heading to a Paint Party in the Good Bits (Store St)

Here I copied this from their facebook

12 HOURS
    15 GALLONS OF GLOW PAINT
    1000 JUMPSUITS
    14 LASER BEAMS
    2 SMOKE MACHINES
    4 UV CANNONS
    30 DJS

ONE HELL OF A RAVE !!

THE MAYHEM KICKS OFF AT 2:30 PM

Admission:
    After 2:30 PM - €10 with prepaid tickets, cheaplist or flier

Tickets available at the bar @ The Good Bits

You can also pay at the door. We can not guarantee entry so get down early to avoid disappointment.

LEAVE US A COMMENT FOR CHEAP-LIST !!

Expect to hear brand new bangers and tried and tested classic's from the likes of: Busy P, Felix Cartal, Modeselektor, Daft Punk, Len Faki, Boys Noize, Bloody Beetroots, Acidkids, SebastiAn, Richie Hawtin, Zombie Nation, Noob, John Roman,Dubfire, Underworld, Dusty Kid, Simian Mobile Disco, Tiga, Japanese Popstars,Owl Vision, Felix Da Housecat, Soulwax, Umek, Popof, Feadz, N.A.S.A, Lvis-1990, Toxic Avenger, Deadmau5 and many more! Aswell as chart classics like Lady Gaga and Jay-z, House of Pain and loads more.

Loads of Drink promos too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Slunk wrote: »

Dont htink Ill bother at all on patricks day, every idiot and there brother will be out pissed out of there head. Not worth the hassle

QFT. I was never a fan of paddys day even as a nipper but i usually stay in nowadays..too many pissed up gob****es.. just too messy

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

George Bernard Shaw:
    Yes yes its that time again! After the pure insanity of last years, we are back with 2 rooms of 12 action featuring our trusty residents, POGO don Barry Redsetta, Choice Cuts' Handsome Paddy, Jaycee and more TBC.

10 x 10 Drinks specials on all day including dangerous things such as 2 Jaeger Bombs for €10, 3 Moosehead for €10, Pitcher of beer for €10 and so on and so forth!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=382940777243&ref=mf

Advertisement