Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Grow Your Scene

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Vyze wrote: »
    If there's something like this already, let me know for being stupid. I know of eSports.ie, but dedicating something just to fighting game would let us get away with posting smaller things on a calendar like minor casual sessions and the like that wouldn't be important enough to get an eSports listing.

If people want this, let me know, and make any suggestions for what the site would need to have for you to check it fairly regularly.

I can put up casuals too if you like...or you can (submit an event link is at the bottom of calendar if logged in). Calendar was let slide for a while but trying to get back on top of it - just can't get the man power these days :(

🤪

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The domain streetfighter.ie is already paid for and I am waiting for a web designer and a back end dude to both get back to me.

I can't rush it because people are offering their time for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

The domain streetfighter.ie is already paid for and I am waiting for a web designer and a back end dude to both get back to me.

I can't rush it because people are offering their time for free.
    Fair enough, saves me having to do anything then! :D
    Wouldn't using a CMS system like Joomla or Mambo be a lot simpler than getting someone to code a whole custom back-end for you?

Though given the URL, are you only going to be covering SF info?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Vyze wrote: »
    Fair enough, saves me having to do anything then! :D
    Wouldn't using a CMS system like Joomla or Mambo be a lot simpler than getting someone to code a whole custom back-end for you?

Though given the URL, are you only going to be covering SF info?

I'd say we'll cover everything. It's all up in the air right now.

Wait and see is all I can say right now because currently it's what I am doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

No bother, I'm looking forward to any info then! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Speaking from experience I've had with lan parties I'm not a massive fan of depending on friends doing a websites for free. Getting things done can take months. I know that sounds kinda ungreatful as some people are willing to give up there spare time for free but the idea of a website was first brought up many months ago, but we don't seem to have made any further progress on this issue.

I could make a website myself but I'm abit rusty at it, having not made a website since collage.

I'll look into myself further, and get in contact with a friend who has experience making websites and might asist me in building one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm currently attempting to do something with streetfighter.ie. I hope to have something at least presentable by next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Jim wrote: »
    I'm currently attempting to do something with streetfighter.ie. I hope to have something at least presentable by next week.

Nice one Jim!

Advertisement