Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia X6 16GB

• 10-03-2010 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Anyone got one of these ? Do you like it ? Are speakers as good as reviewed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Got an X6 16 GB on Friday ! Packed full of features , a easy keygaurd switch to ensure you don't leave it on, GPS , 18 day standby Long life Battery etc etc

Finally back to a decent phone. Had a Samsung Toca ( first ever non-nokia ) and glad I changed . Samsung had plenty of good gadgets but was a crap phone imho .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

ya got 1 yesterday, im using it 2 write this message. its a great fone. didnt hear netin bout the speakers but it was the first thing i noticed when used on loudspeaker. Have a question bout ovi maps...it says its free...does that mean free 2 use or download

X6 FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Have a question bout ovi maps...it says its free...does that mean free 2 use or download

X6 FTW

Free to use, not download as the data traffic will be charged by your mobile operator (Unless your downloading over wifi)

does that mean that there is no charge shen im on the road usin it wit the little satatellite in the corner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

If by using the mapping software your phone downloads data from the network (AGPS) then yes, you will be billed for that data unless you have a data plan.
    if it does not then you wont.

I have heard of people making sure to download complete maps so to keep the phone from downloading more data than needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You'd be crazy not to download the maps if you use it regularly. Then there are no data charges during use unless you specifically want to go online to search for something of interest (as opposed to and address etc).

ya i downloaded maps from ovi store but the little satelitte comes up in the top right corner when in use

Advertisement