Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last effort studying

Options
  • 11-03-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

So ya I've been studying since January but tbh I wouldnt count it...Anyone giving a last leg at it or someone that has and did well.I havent done proper study for History in ages and with the pres this week I forgot how easy it is((wont have time for it though for this test)) and my bio & agsci I'm fairly f**ked for.

Only aiming for 360 points myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

I have gotten so lazy, just like ah I'll take the evening off everyday! It's not good, only like 8 school weeks left (or so I was told today - open to correction!). I'm 80 points off my course, like from my mock results but :mad: feel like it's never gonna happen. Motivation is so hard to come by!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bradence93!

i'm really trying hard to study but it all just seems like it won't go in!!!!:mad:

if anybody got any tips on studying please let me know!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I'm the same way,just keep saying ill start studying properly next week but then some excuse comes up an the cycle repeats itself...better get on track soon or im screwed!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

i really need to get down to it with arts looking like its gonna go up by a good bit.

im looking for
    english-c2
    french-c1
    economics-c2
    history-b3
    geography-c2
    business-b2

most likely
    english-d2
    french-d2
    economics-d1/c3
    history-c2
    geography-c2
    business-c1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭BrokenHeels_Ox

yeh im the the same cant study at all, im aiming for 360 for arts too, but have a feeling thats gonna go up hugely :(

• Advertisement

arts where? ucd?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Same. Arts, in UCC though. Although if everything goes unreal, then it'll be Law.

I cannot study, I really can't. I do night owls(7-10) and its just a waste. Cause I'll spend the whole time doing homework, and if I have no homework I'll either mess or stare at a page for about 40 minutes. Hopefully when the mocks come back I can scare myself into doing proper study which works.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I got a bit of a kick after the mock results. I didn't do that badly but if that was my leaving cert i wouldn't have gotten my course with the points it was this year :( It's expected to go up aswel. The last few nights i've studied a good bit and hope to continue on like this until June!

what u want to do DQ?

what u want to do DQ?

Science in Trinity, not as high as other courses people want to do but still tough to get imo. It was 440 this year but so many people want to do it it's bound to go up. I've got a few sciencey things down for Maynooth too and if i don't get my first choice i'd be happy doing them so it isn't the end of the world but i'd Science in Trinity. What about yourself?

• Advertisement

oh that is tough...hopefully it doesn't go up too much. next few months tho just put the work in and hopefully things will work out(i bloody hope lol)

well ye goin for arts in ucd, but have BESS as first choice but really at this stage no hope of gettin it.

High points? I've Arts in UCD down too but i think its 5/6, I could see you there! Yeah fingers crossed the points don't sky rocket, everyones saying they will but we'll just have to wait and see. You could get BESS, just study like mad :) Maybe you'll be lucky and the points will go down.

arts where? ucd?

yeh in UCD :D might cya there ;) what subjects u wanting to do?

ha ye hopefully for both our sakes :D... idk i put down economics and french but that could change. u?

sociology and linguistics :D
    i really hope the points dont go up...im gonnna have to work my ass off to get 360 as it is!

and looks like it will go up by at least 20 :(

but all u can do is your best. if u put the work in you will most likely see the rewards!!

have u any career choices in mind ?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

My plan for the last few months is intensive. I need about 420 points and am only here to get some Irish translations.
    Plan: further summarise and learn one Revise Wise chapter in each subject per day, although this can vary (one poem per day in Irish etc).
    So far I have not kept to the plan as much as I should have, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

finally people like me who cant study!! although, i didn't do to badly in the mocks, i got 370 points.

I have a list of courses I would like to do ranging from 445 - 330 points, and honestly I think I would be happy doing any of them. The fact that I'm thinking to my self "sure if i just do the same again then I will have one of teh courses I want" isn't helping the whole motivation thing.

Its terrible, I was great from 1st-TY, always did my work and homework, but now, when it matters most I'm like meh, I couldn't be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Barely passed some of my mocks but I expect to pull in some easy marks with Art and Tech Graphics. I do hope to do well but my results are never horrible enough to motivate me to do so. I can do much much better but I feel so lazy about it :(

Hoping for around 350-400, and got 330 in mocks.

I can get a D to low-C in most subjects without trying but I feel there's so much effort even in just dragging it up to a B, which is what I'll need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement