Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 revisited

Options
  • 11-03-2010 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

I havent played this in ages but am just installing it again. Its been about 2 years since i last played since getting BF:BC on the xbox so am finding i've forgotten a few things beside the map layouts!
    The main thing is forgotten is my account details. Is this the same account as i use on my xbox? What emails should i be searching my email accounts for? As in who would the sender be? eaonline, eagames, another?
    Also if i do find my ac details, will all my unlocks from 2 years ago be there?

Oh and does anyone here still play it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

When you install BF2 if your remember your user name (in game) exactly, you can retrieve your account it think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i've patched up to 1.5 and fired up the multiplayer. I remember the email address i used for the account but I'm only given the option to create a new account or start a local game, not retrieve account details :(

ok got past all that, forgot how long it takes to connect in to an account server. managed to try and play 2 games but keep getting kicked by phunkbuster. wtf? i have done a completely clean install....
    time to give up and go to sleep

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Scruff wrote: »
    managed to try and play 2 games but keep getting kicked by phunkbuster. wtf? i have done a completely clean install....

That's the problem. The version of Punkbuster you installed is 5 years old :)

I found with BF2 that PB didn't always update automatically unless it was updated manually for the very first update.

ah right. bit stupid that. Where do i update the Punkbuster from? i thought it was built into BF2.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Download the client from evenbalance/punkbuster and choose the game from the drop down box and manually update. To be honest going back and playing a game you havent played in years is always a disappointment as you always remember them being better than they actually are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Am back playing it again and find it good to revisit. Not as many servers now (obviously) but the ones that are around are fairly stable. IMHO, still an enjoyable game.

And the fact that the latest patch added the bonus map packs for free is excellent !

BC2 is fun but it still doesn't beat that feeling when playing a Armored Fury map and you have 5 other tanks are rolling over the fields at the beginning of the map, not knowing what's waiting over the next hill....

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Cheers all, will get those extra updates
    Ponster wrote: »
    And the fact that the latest patch added the bonus map packs for free is excellent !

BC2 is fun but it still doesn't beat that feeling when playing a Armored Fury map and you have 5 other tanks are rolling over the fields at the beginning of the map, not knowing what's waiting over the next hill....

Mainly revisiting it because my Xbox set up is unavailable for a few weeks and my craptop wont play newer games, it'll just about play this on medium settings but I sure am looking forward to playing that map a few times to tide me over :D

Out of curiosity has anyone played this on an ION based minipc?

2 questions:
    1) How do i get access to the map packs in the 1.5 patch? If i recall correctly i had to start BF2 with a different option to play the Euroforces expansion i bought for it before...
    2) Anyone know why it is a zillion times quicker logging in and finding servers when i connect using a 3g usb dongle rather than going through my 7mb dsl (via wifi). its very odd. game pings are slower on the 3g though, which i would have expected.

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote: »
    2 questions:
    1) How do i get access to the map packs in the 1.5 patch? If i recall correctly i had to start BF2 with a different option to play the Euroforces expansion i bought for it before...

2) Anyone know why it is a zillion times quicker logging in and finding servers when i connect using a 3g usb dongle rather than going through my 7mb dsl (via wifi). its very odd. game pings are slower on the 3g though, which i would have expected.

1. Nothing special. Just search for the map you want to play or join the server hosting maps you don't normally play.

2. no idea but probably linked to why some people can't play BC2 until they change ISP.

Advertisement