Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tony Cascarino

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Come off it! Judging from your post, your the one talking complete bollocks!

Come on, he was absolutely desperate as a player, total and utter rubbish for Ireland. There has never been another player that's played for Ireland that's even come close to being as bad as him. Terrible player, worse than mediocre striker, absolute waste of space and I really could never figure out how he even got a spot in the Ireland team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Come on, he was absolutely desperate as a player, total and utter rubbish for Ireland. There has never been another player that's played for Ireland that's even come close to being as bad as him. Terrible player, worse than mediocre striker, absolute waste of space and I really could never figure out how he even got a spot in the Ireland team.
    I take it you've never seen Paul McShane play then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Packie Bonner for me. Irish Legend but he did my head in when he was on tv3

Reminded me a bit of this guy.

gerald-fleming.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

If I hear Ray houghton say 'he has got to do better than that' or 'shoud have at least made the goalkeeper work there' one more time I swear, I won't be held responsible.

All I keep thinking is 'hold on a second mate, why is your scoring record only good at best if you never made mistakes in front of goal?'
    A million times this. Came into the thread just to mention his name...for someone who played as much football as he did he shows an amazing lack of understanding of the game.

Cascarino...yea he's a bit of a plonker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Cascarino now declares himself to be a professional gambler because he has the money to enter some low key poker events. hes a amatuer player and an even worse poker player and will do nothing but donate to the poker and gambling world.

Cant believe nobody mentioned Pat Dolan yet, totally irratating - on level par with Cascarino imo

How Cascarino can still walk around Ireland without stones being thrown at him is beyond me.

I feel almost embarrassed for keown and lennon on that tv3 panel. Cascarino NEVER lets them talk or finish what there talking about. Its like a holier than thou attitude. LOOK AT ME IM ON TV, I WAS SH1TE AS A PLAYER, LIED TO THE IRISH PUBLIC, BUT I NO EVERYTHING!!!!!

Complete and utter cnut.

Don't forget he was arrested for beating his wife couple of days after calling Roy Keane a bully (when he left Sunderland). The irony was delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Jigga wrote: »
    Don't forget he was arrested for beating his wife couple of days after calling Roy Keane a bully (when he left Sunderland). The irony was delicious

Why, was she a bully?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Imagine a panel of dunphy, dolan, and roddy collins! Now that would be entertaining!

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Why, was she a bully?
    No he is for beating his wife.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

nuxxx wrote: »
    Cascarino now declares himself to be a professional gambler because he has the money to enter some low key poker events. hes a amatuer player and an even worse poker player and will do nothing but donate to the poker and gambling world.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=3799

I only wish I was as bad at the game as he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Played against him in poker once in Galway. He's actually ten times better than he was at football in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

+1 he is by no means a great player but he isnt anything near the worst celeb i have played with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Cascarino is a good poker player.

CHD wrote: »
    Cascarino is a good poker player.

you play the devils game?

hmmm.......heads up for your life?

edit- maybe life is a little strong

how about your immortal soul?

I do indeed. Yeah lets play for souls sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I'd gamble with my soul, but I lost it years ago for half a pack of chewing gum and a ticket to the All Ireland Final......

But I can deal for youse!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

If I hear him say the term "playstation football/footballer" again I may cry

DazMarz wrote: »
    I'd gamble with my soul, but I lost it years ago for half a pack of chewing gum and a ticket to the All Ireland Final......

But I can deal for youse!:D
    We should make a soccer forum tourny sometime for the lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Ush1 wrote: »
    Sheringham called Andy Townsend a fake Irishman on live tv.
    In fairness, he was right like!

Nothing annoyed me more than when Townsend in his hayday went on Kenny Live (I think) and told the whole country about how during Euro '88, he was on holiday in Cyprus (I think) and on the day of the Ireland -v- England match, he went into a pub to watch the game and it was full of Irish people and he and his mate were the ony 2 people there who were....shouting for England!

Enraged me!

He's never have been called up again after that if I'd had my way...never mind as captain!

I've a funny story about Andy Townsend. my brother works with his brother and he was telling him the first game Andy was a pundit for ITV he had a list of notes that he wrote down during the first half to say at half time. The other pundit there (Terry venables I think it was) asked could he have a look at his notes which Andy gave him. Then for the half-time analysis Venables just said exactly what Andy had written, when the prsenter asked townsend for his anaylsis he was speechless. i thought it was hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

has to be paddy crerand. that **** is so blinkered he should be running at aintree rather than commentating on games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Am I the only person who gets infuriated when The MOTD pundits,Soccer Saturday Pundits etc. ALWAYS referring to Jimmy Bullard as a "Cheeky Chappy"?

CHD wrote: »
    We should make a soccer forum tourny sometime for the lolz

actually i agree, logistically it would be hard to get everyone int he same place at the same time i reckon, but an online sit n go would be easier to arrange

plenty of poker heads in the soccer forum so should have no trouble with numbers for a "friendly game"

could even do teams lol

Would have to be online. Someone organize it!

thread up about the poker tourny

sign name if interested

Cas was a deeply average footballer, his 88 caps are merely a symptom of us having barely any decent strikers over the last 20 years.

And he is an irritating pundit, there is something very smug and all-knowing about him

However, I read his book a long time ago, thought it was ok actually :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Comes across as a bitter man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I have his autograph...made my childhood, that little scribble. I'll never forget his 2 headers against Lithuania in 1997.

A poor mans Niall Quinn though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

his
    BIG OPINIONS IN THE SUN EVERYDAY

ad just came on tv there.

Changed channel for a few mins.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Kirnsy wrote: »
    his

right too,makes the auld eyes bleed:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

kryogen wrote: »
    thread up about the poker tourny

sign name if interested

gamble much?:D

Kirnsy wrote: »
    his

His BIG OPINIONS are the most tired hackneyed cliched drivel I've ever heard

Advertisement