Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Korvanica wrote: »
    If you''ve nothing nice to say then say nothing, seriously so many people are trying to start ****e in this thread these days...

And im not just talking about shoveltooth....who is great :D
    The longer the thread the more people get jealous of our (my) greatness

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

well to be fair izambard i did warn you.

Warn me you did! Yet I find it strange that you spawned on me, saw where I was, realised how good of a vantage point the location was and in an act of complete selflessness, took me out, for the benefit of the whole team no doubt.

(selfishness and yourself are two words one can place in the above sentence to create what some would say is the true reflection of what occurred)

Insert smiley face with big grin here. Possibly more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I get disconnected from live as soon as i start battlefield but i installed the updates i was missing anybody have any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

does it happen with other games

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

tsmyth wrote: »
    this thread makes me laugh. it has been going since march and you guys are still posting daily. are all you guys young kids? surely an adult couldnt spend all that time chatting about one game. you guys take this so serious, get a life!! call of duty is a real game!

pretty insulting first post tsmyth. I doubt that you would appreciate a random person going into the arcade and retro forum and saying that a 28 year old who collects 1000 games has no life and is pretty sad.

It's ironic that you would call everyone here young kids as your post was incredibly childish IMHO.

The people in this thread have every right to discuss their love for this game.

As I said, not a great first post. Take a week off to carefully consider your second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I was there :D
    I was on fire the last few matches with my oppenents up in smoke with my smoke launcher kills
    EDIT: 7 extra smoke launcher kills according to bfbcs.com

I am sorry did you play some more games after you left the party because in the games I remember there was only one when you were on fire. Cyco was on fire I was impressed with his 26 kills in one game while the highest the best of the rest of us reached in that game was 18,SDM game.
    The smoke launcher yes you got some kills with it but I remember you trying to cover our actions in smoke big fail. Think Raze got angry and team killed you once cos he was sick of the smoke everywhere but where it was supposed to go.
    I also noticed when Cyco got that score you decieded to join his team.

But we did have some fun in the games and some good laughs. And I picked up a fair few tags. Love the bit when Dunworth spent a few mins letting us know about Moose's post and someone wasn't listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

hey i got 20 kills in that game!!! I team killed that gimp cos he smoke aunchered me and i was on his team!!.Izambard i still stand by my ation that base is quit difficult to take and you had a great spawn point and you were firing rockets, being the general I am I took the decision to dicipline a team member after he failed to adhere to the don't fire rockets command I had issued:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I just want to make it clear that if someone is clearly trolling or flaming in this thread, put that person on ignore and report the post.

Do not engage said poster because you are at risk of getting a ban yourself and the purpose of this thread may be reviewed.

The moderators of the forum will read all thread reports and take whatever action is deemed necessary.

Thanks for reading,

FG

Izambard i still stand by my action that base is quit difficult to take and you had a great spawn point and you were firing rockets, being the general I am I took the decision to dicipline a team member after he failed to adhere to the don't fire rockets command I had issued:P

I stand by my decision to use rockets (seeing as it was these rockets that took the base, you should appreciate maverick thinking) but I do respect rank. So I will issue a full apology for my insubordination, Sir.

I stand by my decision to use rockets (seeing as it was these rockets that took the base, you should appreciate maverick thinking) .

I was team killed on that mission when setting the charge by a rocket, I wonder who it was.................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Delighted that you guys are getting into SDM now too. At the moment, I find those matches the most enjoyable. God help any poor randomers that happen to join in, probably never been knifed so much before. Probably freaks them out, although I've noticed it doesn't take long for them to assimilate.

Was playng against a guy called zZ JOSH Zz yesterday afternoon. After the second time I knifed him, he changed to lightweight and came after me. So I knifed him again just for good measure ;)
    Love the bit when Dunworth spent a few mins letting us know about Moose's post and someone wasn't listening.

Please explain, I feel so out of the loop... you guys having so much fun without me, not fair (kicks at the ground) :(

Please explain, I feel so out of the loop... you guys having so much fun without me, not fair (kicks at the ground) :(

Basically
    Dunworth had spent a few minutes explaining about your recent post about the game guy because some of us hadn't seen it yet. Then five minutes later someone came on/returned and said did you see Mooses recent post Raze said no and Dunworth said did ye not hear me tell you that, Raze said no and so on and so on.

I was team killed on that mission when setting the charge by a rocket, I wonder who it was.................
    Simple casualty of war. Just a statistic!

Harsh, hope you worded it a bit better than that in the letter home to Mr & Mrs Cableguy, as to why their son wasn't using his return ticket :D

And yet you were complaining when Raze killed you but I am just a Statistic, Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Biologic

Quote of the night last night goes to shoveltooth: "Theres three identical medics at 'A', they look like 3 twins".

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

miju wrote: »
    dunno where its gone but if you copy the code below and replace m1ju with your gamertag it should work fine

[PHP]360_M1JU.png[/PHP]

Thanks Miju.

I had also thought about starting my own clan there for a while. The [S4E] clan. Short for Shoveltits 4 ever. I would like to pay homage to Shoveltits for improving my level of play. I am now more aware of my surroundings in the game due to constantly looking over my shoulder to see if he's trying to stab me. :)

Biologic wrote: »
    Quote of the night last night goes to shoveltooth: "Theres three identical medics at 'A', they look like 3 twins".

Ok, lets keep this up if someone says something funny post it up.
    By my reckoning the Tooth monster has made a few of these example the pavillion incident.

Now I have warned people.
    Also must remember not to say anything stupid e.g quad on water.
    Get down son, doesn't count.

I'll have to write down these moments before I forget them:
    Atamaca desert and we all spawned (Garv, Raze, Moose & I) at one of the attacking bases.
    So I find a quad which Raze pleads to be the passenger in as walking between bases on this map takes an age. Garv then either spawns on my quad or ruthlessly steals the seat under the gaze of raze.
    Raze infuriated by the prospect of the lost seat (even though he was probably wearing the cowardly lw pack which would have lessened the duration of the walking between two bases somewhat) decides to liberally dose the quad with c4 as it set off to win the war. Garv and I then decide to abandon the quad out of respect of razes feelings ( ya big girl :p).
    Raze triumphant in completing his objective in delaying the war effort then set about sneering at us questioning why oh why did we vacate the quad etc.
    Razes jubilant mood was then cut short when Moose then roadkilled him with the quad in question :pac:

Thanks Miju.

I had also thought about starting my own clan there for a while. The [S4E] clan. Short for Shoveltits 4 ever. I would like to pay homage to Shoveltits for improving my level of play. I am now more aware of my surroundings in the game due to constantly looking over my shoulder to see if he's trying to stab me. :)
    The amount of shoveltooth fan clubs grow every day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

where was every one last night when i came on it was late about half 12 quater to one and there was no one on. where were all the all nighters iv heard about.ciran mac(the dude that got razes tags in his first game came on them)his mike was broke so i just ended talking to myself.

new chair came to day very impressed with it.doubt ill be on to night one of my freinds bithday to night she has rented out three houses to hold the party in over ther weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Thanks Miju.

I thought teaching new clan members awareness of your surroundings was Raze's role.

naughto wrote: »
    so i just ended talking to myself.

You probably had to mute yourself :D

[/QUOTE]new chair came to day very impressed with it.doubt ill be on to night one of my freinds bithday to night she has rented out three houses to hold the party in over ther weekend[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a class few days, remember it's a marathon, not a sprint if your drinking for three days ;) Let me know what you think of the chair after some extended sessions on it.

i can only go drinking to night as my misses is working sun moring and i ll have to head back sat evening hung over to the balls

naughto wrote: »
    where was every one last night when i came on it was late about half 12 quater to one and there was no one on.

Myself, Dunworth and Bmx finished just before that, logged off with the intention of getting a bite to eat and go back on but ended up watching Rescue me instead.

hobochris wrote: »
    I thought teaching new clan members awareness of your surroundings was Raze's role.
    It is, Raze gives me a crash course every time I log on. Garv is doing his best also.

Myself, Dunworth and Bmx finished just before that, logged off with the intention of getting a bite to eat and go back on but ended up watching Rescue me instead.

started watching true blood(the 1st ep) when i finished/got bored talking to my self

hobochris wrote: »

It still is Raze's role. With an average of 1.8 knife kills per game (as opposed to Shoveltooth's 1 per game), I think the Jack The Ripper Award For Disemboweling goes to Raze.

PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING

PLEASE STOP FEEDING SHOVELTOOTH'S EGO WITH POSTS REFERRING TO HIS AWESOMENESS, REGARDLESS OF SARCASTIC CONTENT. FAILURE TO DO SO, MAY LEAD TO NAUSEA AND/OR VOMITING FROM LONGTERM THREAD MEMBERS :D

PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING

PLEASE STOP FEEDING SHOVELTOOTH'S EGO WITH POSTS REFERRING TO HIS AWESOMENESS, REGARDLESS OF SARCASTIC CONTENT. FAILURE TO DO SO, MAY LEAD TO NAUSEA AND/OR VOMITING FROM LONGTERM THREAD MEMBERS :D

But we will miss him when he goes in 3 day 15 hours and 14 mins and counting.:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

It still is Raze's role. With an average of 1.8 knife kills per game (as opposed to Shoveltooth's 1 per game), I think the Jack The Ripper Award For Disemboweling goes to Raze.

PUBLIC HEALTH WARNING

The fact that I've been able kill Shoveltooth so easily, so often in games , given my level of skill, or lack of, should do anything but inflate his ego.
    :P
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement