Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

guys, I found that being a sniper is not really teamplay. hidding far away from the battle keep you away of the action. Teammates can't respawn on you, you won't resurrect or heal them, the ony thing is you can cover their asses by killing the enemie behind, and even the won't be notices and appriciated.

But all of us at some stage are snipers. So do not blame each other for that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Denisoftus wrote: »
    guys, I found that being a sniper is not really teamplay. hidding far away from the battle keep you away of the action. Teammates can't respawn on you, you won't resurrect or heal them, the ony thing is you can cover their asses by killing the enemie behind, and even the won't be notices and appriciated.

not true, I snipe alot, I direct team mates where there are enemies( as mentioned earlier) call down mortar strikes, throw out motion mines, If im not playin hardcore I'll use the spotter alot, I'll anti snipe there snipers. I'll cover mcom/flags from being disarmed/taken back

It all depends on your own game style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

So you maxed out your recon class now Zem.
    Don't worry i got used to all the walking...:D:D

Not yet mate, just concentrated on that yesterday, and felt guilty not being helpfull.

In hardcore mode it is hard to do half of what you mentioned, Raze_them_all.

Not yet mate, just concentrated on that yesterday, and felt guilty not being helpfull.

In hardcore mode it is hard to do half of what you mentioned, Raze_them_all.
    True, You need to be mic'd on hardcore. Plus everyone that snipes uses the magnum ammo on hardcore, virtually guaranteed one shot kills, either that or over powered medics everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

guys, I found that being a sniper is not really teamplay. hidding far away from the battle keep you away of the action.

I play as sniper alot and I would like to think most on here who have played with me would say I'm quite an aggressive sniper often racking up some silly K/D ratios and a good team player in supporting them as I've quite often been asked to take out players that are creating a choke point and I usually duly oblige as even a few mortar rounds in the general vicinity of them will have them all running :-D Also, spotting is a massive help to a team when people are hiding behind boxes.

Then theres covering MCOM stations so they are not armed / disarmed.

Just because you cant spawn on a sniper doesnt mean they are useless and if played properly they are a very useful class to have on your team. Problem is with the recon class is that most of them dont communicate, or generally play for the team.

True, You need to be mic'd on hardcore. Plus everyone that snipes uses the magnum ammo on hardcore, virtually guaranteed one shot kills, either that or over powered medics everywhere!

Raze do you find the red dot sight useful for any sniper rifle.

I hope you right, and I'll be usefull enought as a sniper. But what I'm sure, I'll do my best to knock down the enemies around my team mates :)

Raze do you find the red dot sight useful for any sniper rifle.
    nah not really my kit for recon is usually the last gun unlocked(the L96A1?) The handgun thats a semi auto, 12x zoom and a spotter scope/magnum ammo.

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever used the red dot, how about you?

nah not really my kit for recon is usually the last gun unlocked(the L96A1?) The handgun thats a semi auto, 12x zoom and a spotter scope/magnum ammo.

Come to think of it I don't think I've ever used the red dot, how about you?

I used it with the last gun and it just doesn't feel right. Sorry cannot explain it better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Regarding snipers, I dont think there is anything wrong with having a couple of snipers on a team, but a max of one per squad. Playing Rush it can be good to have a sniper in a great spot overlooking an Alpha or Bravo.

Certain maps call for a sniper and sometimes it depends on what classes the majority of players are using on the other team.

But one thing I will say, it really helps if a sniper on your squad is using a mic.

certanly agree.
    Have you guys, BTW, downloaded and tried new maps?

I used it with the last gun and it just doesn't feel right. Sorry cannot explain it better.
    Yeah it's muck tbh, sniping from the scope is more "pure" without that red dot
    Regarding snipers, I dont think there is anything wrong with having a couple of snipers on a team, but a max of one per squad. Playing Rush it can be good to have a sniper in a great spot overlooking an Alpha or Bravo.

Certain maps call for a sniper and sometimes it depends on what classes the majority of players are using on the other team.

But one thing I will say, it really helps if a sniper on your squad is using a mic.
    Completely agree. Though nothing worse than being on a team where your the only one mic'd up. There's a guy behind that building....stop....don't go in there...WTF why would you go in there

miju wrote: »
    I play as sniper alot and I would like to think most on here who have played with me would say I'm quite an aggressive sniper often racking up some silly K/D ratios and a good team player in supporting them as I've quite often been asked to take out players that are creating a choke point and I usually duly oblige as even a few mortar rounds in the general vicinity of them will have them all running :-D Also, spotting is a massive help to a team when people are hiding behind boxes.

Having played with you Miju i can say you are an aggresive sniper
    Also Zem your good as well That shot on Batman the other night was class,Pity he was with us. But you are a good sniper.

Joking Aside the Recon task is kind of a thankless class we bitch and moan if they kill us and we find out there are miles away and we bitch and moan when we die and we have to spawn on them miles away from the action. But as Miju and Raze has said it depends how you play as them.

Having played with you Miju i can say you are an aggresive sniper
    Also Zem your good as well That shot on Batman the other night was class,Pity he was with us. But you are a good sniper.

Joking Aside the Recon task is kind of a thankless class we bitch and moan if they kill us and we find out there are miles away and we bitch and moan when we die and we have to spawn on them miles away from the action. But as Miju and Raze has said it depends how you play as them.

Thanks mate, you were good too! But I must explain how that happened with Batman. I was looking for an enemy, and while searching saw a sniper behind the wall, and, believe it or not, I didn't see the green triangle, probaby because of the wall. I don't take chances (my mistake) and shoot fast. Ops, wrong one. In real life I would get prison sentence for that, or worse.

Anyway I'm not a good sniper yet, only gained as max as 65 headshot score, while mates in the clan had 600, can't imaging this.

Tried russian sniper rifle yesterday, pretty good on moving enemies.:):D

Thanks mate, you were good too! But I must explain how that happened with Batman. I was looking for an enemy, and while searching saw a sniper behind the wall, and, believe it or not, I didn't see the green triangle, probaby because of the wall. I don't take chances (my mistake) and shoot fast. Ops, wrong one. In real life I would get prison sentence for that, or worse.

Anyway I'm not a good sniper yet, only gained as max as 65 headshot score, while mates in the clan had 600, can't imaging this.

Tried russian sniper rifle yesterday, pretty good on moving enemies.:):D
    My best snipe was 250 give or take some and I felt it was a pretty epic shot to hit, I seriously can't imagine a 600 headshot tbh. The russian snarpskova or something? The semi auto one? For some reason I didn't like that gun

Its Snaiperskaya something, shoots quitet, no reload required for 6 bullets, I think.

Also just remmembered, the best fun, is to shoot enemies behind the fences or some thin objects, they hiding, you just guess there can be someone and shoot, imaging how they suprised:) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Actually I had a retarded moment last night with LordZemli.
    I was a medic and saw he was short on health and forgot the buttons lol.
    I went over towards him ..pressed the Knife button by mistake ooooopss (he thinks i'm trying to kill him) then to add insult to injury I try again only this time to press the grenade button and blow myself up in front of him...

Not my finest Gaming moment lol. I also have misplaced my mic so couldn't appologise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I must explain how that happened with Batman. I was looking for an enemy, and while searching saw a sniper behind the wall, and, believe it or not, I didn't see the green triangle

That explains that one, but you also mortared me last night, I'm beginning to wonder whose side your really on!!! :P

Only messing.

That said, I have no problem with Recon, when Recon is played well. You play it well.

I do have issues with the Recon that sit miles back and are only interested in their K/D ratio, they don't leg it for a crate that needs to be disarmed or leg it to arm one if they spot theres no enemy and they are close enough. Its all about the crates in rush, otherwise squad DM is where they should be.

Agree with Royal Irish, one recon per squad should be the way, but there is no way to enforce that.

I was playing as recon last night, but had the g3 assault rifle, only reason I went as recon was to mortar the bases, and took the assault rifle cause I wanted to get in the fight too.

Actually I had a retarded moment last night with LordZemli.
    I was a medic and saw he was short on health and forgot the buttons lol.
    I went over towards him ..pressed the Knife button by mistake ooooopss (he thinks i'm trying to kill him) then to add insult to injury I try again only this time to press the grenade button and blow myself up in front of him...

Not my finest Gaming moment lol. I also have misplaced my mic so couldn't appologise :D

I was really surpised, but because was too busy witt spotting/shooting, didn't pay much attention, HP went don't that time but I didn't bother :) Now I see what happened, don't worry it happens to me too.

Mortal strike is useless with hardcore mode, could kill more teammates then enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

the one thing i dont get about hardcore mode is why it dosent show your ammo

They must have been going for realism with that. I have the reload hint icon turned off and I only reload when I have fired every round with some guns.

One thing I dont like about it, and its the only thing. You cant see the health of the chopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone else lose all their Battlefield stats and back to level 0?

Apparantly the problems swept everyone today

looks same to me, so going to try a single at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah mine come back a few minutes later upon a reconnect but then they go again when I join a game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

id be up for this and Royal Ir1sh i just happened to be against u for a game yesterday lol. GT : Hunter8842

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

yeah we had a couple good matches last night cept when the opposition all left save one person:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

had a few good games last night. cant remember who i was playing with tho.
    cableguy i think.
    started using the assault class. didnt like it before but its not to bad now that i got the red dot unlocked. racked up a good few kills with it last night.
    bit of a change from medic and recon.

I was playing with Lenny and Raze earlier and for some reason i couldn't talk but could here them Sorry Guys.

Also

dilapidated [dɪˈlæpɪˌdeɪtɪd]
    adj falling to pieces or in a state of disrepair; shabby.

This will make sense to some of my team mates yesterday..

• Advertisement

I was on last night playing with theMooseInNam but i have been dying with a cold for the last few days, and it was at its worst last night and I just said to myself, f**k this for a game of soldiers and went offline. I havent got the energy to run around a battlefield anymore :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement