Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

put me down as well might be a bit late put ill be on

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

count me in need a good game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

And the team now gets stronger.

I will put myself forward for the defensive camping over a comm station when playing rush. I dont care if I only score 200 points and get feck all kills aslong as we win.

When attacking I'll camp in their base to set up a spawn point.

That's the spirit of a true leader. The usuper, Shovel(InThe)Face, would never have been as selfless! :D

I promise not to go tag hunting and concentrate on the objectives.

combat5 wrote: »
    count me in need a good game :D

Don't recognise your name on here, what's your gamertag?

i think the main thing in sd match is to random spawn ive harly spawned of my squad for a few days and iam geting more kills

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    i think the main thing in sd match is to random spawn ive harly spawned of my squad for a few days and iam geting more kills

Absolutely never spawn on another member when he's in a killzone or a sniper spot.

Ignore tag hunting because you can be sure you'll get killed a few times by last second, lucky shots by the intended victim! Just take the kill.

If you are sniping, relocate after every two or three shots.

Take the tank out as soon as possible.

Then the obvious stuff:

Let your squad know where the enemy is at all times.

Keep your gun trained on those corners.

Keep close to walls and cover at all times, never run in the open.

Keep you gun reloaded, nothing worse than hearing your weapon run empty.

Then some sneaky stuff:

If you happen to find a spot on the map where the other team hangs out. Have your squad C4 the area in wait for them.

If you've been spotted entering a building, head straight for the top floor and wait behind the ladder for your enemy to come up to you (great for tags too, got three today by using this trick).

Mine or c4 the tank and wait for them to enter it.

now add your own tips for SDM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I hate playing squad death match with randomers. They always seem to spawn on me when am in a great sniping spot.

dont play with shoveltooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Ok will let them know we will have 3 teams.
    11 players at the moment not including Combat5 (who is welcome if he lets us know his GT and has played with us before,unfortunetly if you haven't played with us before we cant include you this time, Sorry)
    But everybody who is playing has to make sure there tag says IRL and not IHS, Sorry Raze includes Colin he will have to change his tag for the night.
    He made a point of this in his first message ( no i don't know why)

naughto wrote: »
    dont play with shoveltooth

Sorry Kev there is a slight possibilty that we may need him to make up the numbers on the night.
    And as much as it pains me to say this once he shuts up and gets down to it he can play pretty well.

I know i will regret this but its on my head.

Now still waiting for a reply but be back on the net around 930 and should know something then

• Advertisement

I have a few tips to add.

When crossing a road, make sure you follow the safe cross code.

Seriously though, when you have to pass an open area take the shortest route possible from cover to cover.

We should always move around the map in at least pairs, especially on SDM cause if one of you's get gunned down, the other should be able to get an avenger kill on the enemy to keep the teams kill count up.

If there is no one using the tank, I agree with moose, we should blow it so they dont use it. On certain maps the tank could mean a win for the team but there should only be 2 people max in it so if it does get taken out we only give away 2 kills.

I have a few tips to add.

When crossing a road, make sure you follow the safe cross code.

You forgot 1 look for a safe place.

Sorry Just to annoy some people

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamlinek

I posted it yesterday they want to play this Friday.At half tenish. Teams of four,
    As I said so far we have one member who said he'd be there (if he aint banned from using the Xbox now)

I'm in. Definitely. Might be fun :)

At least in rush, apart from Atacama and White Pass. I know, I'm picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

For nelson bay rush defending in the second base:
    Use the 3 heavy mgs to clear the forests. It helps alot.
    Thats why I'm platinum in stationary guns but enough of that as i am a modest king.
    In port valdez rush defending try focus on the various chokepoints in the map

Ok will let them know we will have 3 teams.
    11 players at the moment not including Combat5 (who is welcome if he lets us know his GT and has played with us before,unfortunetly if you haven't played with us before we cant include you this time, Sorry)
    But everybody who is playing has to make sure there tag says IRL and not IHS, Sorry Raze includes Colin he will have to change his tag for the night.
    He made a point of this in his first message ( no i don't know why)
    We could have a big knives and pistols IRL match afterwards....

For nelson bay rush defending in the second base:
    Use the 3 heavy mgs to clear the forests. It helps alot.
    Thats why I'm platinum in stationary guns but enough of that as i am a modest king.
    In port valdez rush defending try focus on the various chokepoints in the map

I already posted that a couple of pages back. But its good to know your listening to what the boss has to say :mad:

I already posted that a couple of pages back. But its good to know your listening to what the boss has to say :mad:
    I hate it when I repeat myself :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I hate it when I repeat myself :p

I see that ye all read what i posted then....

Everyone should read this... and the second part also... its really good....

Sorry Kev there is a slight possibilty that we may need him to make up the numbers on the night.
    And as much as it pains me to say this once he shuts up and gets down to it he can play pretty well.

I know i will regret this but its on my head.

Now still waiting for a reply but be back on the net around 930 and should know something then
    You can always use the shoveltooth signal:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdTmiZvy9P9Zq5Q2ctDowxIPvJXK_7MdVFkxG_ZFi9s7A5_HA&t=1&usg=__i5-Nm1_3rHo6vY4DUdiXuJCob9E=

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Was informed earlier when on with garv an miju about the new clan togetherness. I for one am in favour of a reduction in the hunting of clan members' tags (especially as I am one rank away from gold tags!). Would love to play Friday night but I think I'm heading home again this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Was informed earlier when on with garv an miju about the new clan togetherness. I for one am in favour of a reduction in the hunting of clan members' tags (especially as I am one rank away from gold tags!). Would love to play Friday night but I think I'm heading home again this weekend.

all rules are off for a newby on gold im afraid

Ok. Got a message saying anything goes meaning you can c4 anything.

Thats the only message i got if i get another will try to post it somehow

Can the clan report when Izambard turns gold so I can personally congratulate him on his success?
    Is this where the name izambard comes from ? ( first google result so it's bound to be right):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9bastien_Izambard

Does failsafe know about this clan match?

There will be opportunties to tag hunt. We'll have SDM where it'll be free for all but at the moment, nobody is to go out of their way to hunt another members tags.

Have to admit, it's a lot more enjoyable to play rush without constantly worrying about someone hunting you down.

Really enjoyed the games today. Can't wait till I hit Level 50 and can go back to using all my favourite weapons again. I'm using the F2000 at the moment. It's not as bad as I had thought but you couldn't hit a brick wall on full auto at 30m :mad: Only 479 kills to go and I'll never use it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

Can the clan report when Izambard turns gold so I can personally congratulate him on his success?
    Is this where the name izambard comes from ? ( first google result so it's bound to be right):http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A9bastien_Izambard

I'll tell you personally if you wish (have your tags three times, would like more)!

No, izambard is a corruption of isambard (had to use izambard when registering to P.S.N., decided to keep it for xbox live) and that name I took from this man; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isambard_Kingdom_Brunel (one of the greatest men ever to have lived).

However I'm am quite impressed with the Il Divo link as I am such a fan!

Don't recognise your name on here, what's your gamertag?

brokensniper15

Brunell, one of the greatest men ever to have lived

I'm confused... but he didn't kill people??? ;)

combat5 wrote: »
    brokensniper15
    thought it was brokensniper10 or i could be entirely mistaken which cannot be as everyone knows I'm infallible

• Advertisement

thought it was brokensniper10 or i could be entirely mistaken which cannot be as everyone knows I'm infallible

your right misprint it is 10 :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement