Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

poor cableguy nearly snapped. Whats this i hear about cycos match being put online?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

jaysis that xCCx clan take themselves a bit too seriously http://xcontrolledchaosx.webs.com/chainofcommand.htm shame they dont play the same way though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

miju wrote: »
    lol only one game so you couldnt have a turn attacking or return the favor with the tactic. sounds fair to me :confused::confused::confused:

The way I look at it, we won by default. A full game is 2 rounds, 1 attacking and 1 defending. They walked off the pitch at half time. Thats a f**king red card your off!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Poor Cableguy, after all that and didn't even get a game! :eek: You shoud all donate tags to him ;)

Sounds like it was an all round solid performance from Team IRL. Very well done, guys.

Interesting to see that the anti-Shoveltooth sentiment, ABS, has gone international :D

As for jedward, I'm ashamed to say I watched them. Late Late went from a great interview with Tony Blair to jedward... Blair must have blown out the nights' budget. As for those two ejeets, the one who hurt her leg is blatantly gay (not sure about the other one, possibly as well).

I predict the following scandals about jedward to come out:
    Louie Walsh is bumming them.
    They bum each other.
    One of them is bumming Louie Walsh while the other watches.
    They're actually post-op transexuals.

Check out paddypower for the latest odds ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Ok here is what happened at 930 yesterday. I was invited to a party pudgeon and the other team captains were there there was a draw involved numbers and thats how it was worked out. And my bad for not saying it was only one round but it was the first week that this comp was being done with so teething problems and of course that was the time everybody was joining the party and i had a little information overload.If we are playing next week 2 thing happen.1 I get a game2 tricks gets a game, he shoud have gotten a game last night but our third and forth team played each other and it got a bit messyWell at least people had some good games.Also Shoveltooth even if you were joking calling pudgeon a Dick when he is in the party is wrong they invited us. Have a bit of sense here or at least wait till he leaves the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Ok here is what happened at 930 yesterday. I was invited to a party pudgeon and the other team captains were there there was a draw involved numbers and thats how it was worked out. And my bad for not saying it was only one round but it was the first week that this comp was being done with so teething problems and of course that was the time everybody was joining the party and i had a little information overload.If we are playing next week 2 thing happen.1 I get a game2 tricks gets a game, he shoud have gotten a game last night but our third and forth team played each other and it got a bit messyWell at least people had some good games.Also Shoveltooth even if you were joking calling pudgeon a Dick when he is in the party is wrong they invited us. Have a bit of sense here or at least wait till he leaves the party.

he was still in the party when he called him a dick ifhe doesnt come back for next weeks game it il be shovel head.dickhead what ever u want to call him fault.a bit if cop on goes a long way soveldick

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

Poor Cableguy, after all that and didn't even get a game! :eek: You shoud all donate tags to him ;)

Sounds like it was an all round solid performance from Team IRL. Very well done, guys.

Interesting to see that the anti-Shoveltooth sentiment, ABS, has gone international :D

As for jedward, I'm ashamed to say I watched them. Late Late went from a great interview with Tony Blair to jedward... Blair must have blown out the nights' budget. As for those two ejeets, the one who hurt her leg is blatantly gay (not sure about the other one, possibly as well).

I predict the following scandals about jedward to come out:
    Louie Walsh is bumming them.
    They bum each other.
    One of them is bumming Louie Walsh while the other watches.
    They're actually post-op transexuals.

Check out paddypower for the latest odds ;)
    50e on the frst one :D:p

Who's good at designing these clan signatures? Found a cool one on BFBC2 stats but need it altered slightly. Tried doing it myself but made a mess of it!

Just reached level 47 earlier this morning... it's daunting looking at the amount of points I need to hit 48 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

i done the hardest thing i found to do in the game lastnight.
    m1ju was on the uav and he was killing all around him on the last base of isla innocentes?:confused: i was behind him in the water whilst on boards posting a comment and snuck up behind him and killed him with the defibrillator :(:(
    if he ever knives me he shall be tortured for the rest of his gaming days.

garv123 wrote: »
    m1ju was on the uav and he was killing all around him on the last base of isla innocentes?:confused: i was behind him in the water whilst on boards posting a comment and snuck up behind him and killed him with the defibrillator :(:(

Let me get this straight, you stood behind him while he was on the UAV and defib'd him instead of stabbing him because of the truce??? That's just marvellous! I see a defib and repair tool rampage about to happen :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

well done cableguy on setting up the matches last night.

sorry you couldn't join our game for some reason.
    but hopefully if we are to play them again that the problem that we had wont happen.

it was our first time things were going to be messy
    I think you handled it pretty well if it was me i would have just fecked off
    for sure. so fair-plate you for sticking with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

First off I thought he had already left and yes it was in jest
    If they ask about it next week say you expelled me from the clan temporarily as punishment. Your rep with them will increase undoubtably.

Let me get this straight, you stood behind him while he was on the UAV and defib'd him instead of stabbing him because of the truce??? That's just marvellous! I see a defib and repair tool rampage about to happen :eek:

i didddd trying to keep it going but raze is still knifing people soooo its not gonna work

OK, as requested, I'm going to post some info on why some of us can and can't join each others games or parties. Also, some basic stuff about making sure your connection is good for competitive gaming.

Here's some steps to follow, they may seem stupid to some of you but believe me, if everyone followed them then there wouldn't be any issues connecting to each other.

1. Go into System settings on your console, find Network settings and run a network test. If the test completes with a warning message coming up, then you have an OPEN NAT setting, which is what you want. However, this can change at any time due to numerous reasons. Step 2 still needs to be followed. If the test comes back with a problem, follow Step 2 and if it persists then you need to open ports in your router to allow complete communication of your xbox with other users, otherwise you'll have reduced performance or cause others to have reduced performance. Go to www.portforward.com for info on opening ports.
    2. All routers should be reset frequently, FULL STOP, NO ARGUING! If you don't, then you could allow your router to become IP flooded (too much info passing throught it, basically) and start behaving strangely by changing it's NAT from OPEN to MODERATE or even STRICT. Get into the habit of pulling the power cable out of your router for 30-60 seconds before you turn your xbox on. This will refresh the router and ensure (once you have the correct setting in it already) that your connection will be clean. I do this every time I play. If someone can't connect with me for a game, then it's either their fault or someone else in my party that hasn't got an OPEN NAT. Just to recap, the rules on how NAT settings effect connections is a complete nightmare. The simplest way to avoid any issues is to make sure everyone is on an OPEN NAT setting.
    3. Make sure nobody else is using your broadband connection at the same time as you are ie. bit torrents/limewire in the background on a PC, someone browsing the web on an iphone/laptop... you get the idea. Why? It'll cause your game to lag due to packets of info getting delayed or going missing.
    Right, that's pretty much it, in a nutshell. Any questions, just PM me.

i didddd trying to keep it going but raze is still knifing people soooo its not gonna work

I'm knifing randomers all over the place. If a clan member is on the opposite team to me and I come across him with his back to me and stood still but don't see his name, I'll knife him without remorse. However, I am not going out of my way to tag hunt clan members, as none of us should.

I'm knifing randomers all over the place. If a clan member is on the opposite team to me and I come across him with his back to me and stood still but don't see his name, I'll knife him without remorse. However, I am not going out of my way to tag hunt clan members, as none of us should.

but also remember the 4 times i shot you after saying boo when i was behind you:p:p just remember that b4 u stick a knife in my back :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

After much messing about trying to get a match going, Tamlinek, Cyco, Paddyvilla and I eventually got a private Rush game going (on Nelson Bay :mad:) against the other team. We were attacking and had 3 M-Com stations down, when Paddy says that there was about 10 on the other team. Some how 6 randoms joined the the private match. Not that i noticed, station 4 was going down by that stage! Anyway, due to the randomers, we agreed w ith their other team cpt, Pudgeon, to call it quits.

Maybe a private 8 v 8 game of rush would be the way to do it next time.

but also remember the 4 times i shot you after saying boo when i was behind you:p:p just remember that b4 u stick a knife in my back :rolleyes:

As I said, If I know it's a boardies, I won't stab him but I still like knifing randomers. Picked up loads this week playing SDM. In fact, in one game, my first five kills were with the knife and I'm pretty sure in was all the same squad too 'cause they were hanging around the same area. Would have loved to been eaves dropping on that conversation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I have to say I have been enjoying the game alot more recently seeing as we dont see as much turn coat tag hunting. Even when a clan member is on the other team cause our team is full, all you have to worry about is getting shot.

Had a cracking round on Arica last night. Had 45 kills and got all but 2 comm stations. The very last comm station we only had 2 lives left. It was a great game.

I have to say I have been enjoying the game alot more recently seeing as we dont see as much turn coat tag hunting. Even when a clan member is on the other team cause our team is full, all you have to worry about is getting shot.

Had a cracking round on Arica last night. Had 45 kills and got all but 2 comm stations. The very last comm station we only had 2 lives left. It was a great game.

I competely agree with you. I'm throughly enjoying playing Rush again due to the lack of being hunted. Long may the truce hold out :D

That's an impressive game. 45 kills and 6 M Comms, that's solid work! The other team must have been cursing you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

After much messing about trying to get a match going, Tamlinek, Cyco, Paddyvilla and I eventually got a private Rush game going (on Nelson Bay :mad:) against the other team. We were attacking and had 3 M-Com stations down, when Paddy says that there was about 10 on the other team. Some how 6 randoms joined the the private match. Not that i noticed, station 4 was going down by that stage! Anyway, due to the randomers, we agreed w ith their other team cpt, Pudgeon, to call it quits.

Maybe a private 8 v 8 game of rush would be the way to do it next time.

Myself and Tamlinek stayed on and finished out the match. The randomers left so it was 2v4. We won anyway!
    The lads from the other clan were chatting afterwards and we suggested 12v12 Rush matches for next weekend, possibly Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

the top 4 of that game was all irl tags with us all over 2000 points.i think i had over 40 as well which is massive for me due to the way i play the game.its one of my fav maps tho

OK, as requested, I'm going to post some info on why some of us can and can't join each others games or parties. Also, some basic stuff about making sure your connection is good for competitive gaming.
    if people think the may not connect what we could do is start a match or party and see if people can connect if not people that can connect make teams out of them or replace the people that cant connect whit the people that can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Sorry I couldnt make it online last night after...

I had an important international business meeting because I am an important international businessman...

Korvanica wrote: »
    Sorry I couldnt make it online last night after...

I had an important international business meeting because I am an important international businessman...

good cover:D

combat5 wrote: »
    good cover:D

Certainly more believable than "it was my brother's fault!" ;)

My excuse was purely that the gf was going to hold back certain privileges if I spent the night on the xbox... there's some things the xbox just doesn't do for me :D

Certainly more believable than "it was my brother's fault!" ;)

My excuse was purely that the gf was going to hold back certain privileges if I spent the night on the xbox... there's some things the xbox just doesn't do for me :D

cant complain about that :)

The way I look at it, we won by default. A full game is 2 rounds, 1 attacking and 1 defending. They walked off the pitch at half time. Thats a f**king red card your off!!! :mad:

Your damn right you won that they walked off the pitch. Thats actually a pussy thing to do seriously what kinda clan are pretending to themselves like that?

Yeah we're great we just play attacking and C4 the UAV we got great skillz , ****ing losers :P:P:P:P:P

Who's good at designing these clan signatures? Found a cool one on BFBC2 stats but need it altered slightly. Tried doing it myself but made a mess of it!

PM me Moose I'll make any changes

• Advertisement

well done and fair balls for keeping the truce alive :) I had the same problem with Raze last night a couple of times standing still behind him fighting every urge to knife him.

I just shot him in the end even though it was painful :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement