Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

miju wrote: »
    well done and fair balls for keeping the truce alive :) I had the same problem with Raze last night a couple of times standing still behind him fighting every urge to knife him.

I just shot him in the end even though it was painful :mad:

must of been very rare to knife raze

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

combat5 wrote: »

ah Raze is like us all easy enough to get if you hunt him properly I just dont tag hunt really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

combat5 wrote: »

hhahahahaahhahahahahaha
    raze aint hard to get

64 times now and counting:D

had a quick game there b4 i went to work there and shoveltooth came on and he slipped fell and landed on my kinfe:D
    he didnt agree to the truce

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I hereby decree a tag hunting ban for one or two months
    Focus on the wins and points lower level members and ye shall blossom into gold tag beauties which I will then ruthlessly harvest :D
    Agree to it, I made it into law!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

garv123 wrote: »
    had a quick game there b4 i went to work there and shoveltooth came on and he slipped fell and landed on my kinfe:D
    he didnt agree to the truce

I'm sure it's right across all members of the clan, not just selective ones! :rolleyes:

Suppose he had it coming though :D

xCCx darkla messaged me there asking for a game tomorro. got no details but im sure if theres a few of ye on ye could add him and have a few games in rush on opposite teams with other randomers. doubt il be on so feel free to add him and message him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Certainly more believable than "it was my brother's fault!" ;)

My excuse was purely that the gf was going to hold back certain privileges if I spent the night on the xbox... there's some things the xbox just doesn't do for me :D

If only xbox had thought of adding a sammich maker!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

mmm sandwich

If only xbox had thought of adding a sammich maker!

"miju is your xbox in the kitchen..." ohh how i still laugh :rolleyes::rolleyes:

notice she didnt speak again for the night after that?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

miju wrote: »
    ah Raze is like us all easy enough to get if you hunt him properly I just dont tag hunt really.

Please pm me with these tactics, you are my only recourse! I can't abide the fact Raze has my tags 11 times and counting. Your assistance in my efforts would be most welcome especially for when this supposed truce ends. Insert big grin smiley face here (I still refuse to use but will refer to emoticons).

(A little help on garv wouldn't go astray either!)

Please pm me with these tactics, you are my only recourse! I can't abide the fact Raze has my tags 11 times and counting. Your assistance in my efforts would be most welcome especially for when this supposed truce ends. Insert big grin smiley face here (I still refuse to use but will refer to emoticons).

(A little help on garv wouldn't go astray either!)
    Ask Colin to give directions to raze's wherabouts usually helps
    In regards to garv, get his number off cyco and ring garv when you're running behind him

Ask Colin to give directions to raze's wherabouts usually helps
    In regards to garv, get his number off cyco and ring garv when you're running behind him

The underhanded techniques are good (and I wouldn't expect anything less from you) but I was hoping for something more constructive and concrete. I feel that gold is fast approaching (as fast as work and a relationship will allow) and I need to improve my knifing and avoidance skills in general, fast!

The underhanded techniques are good (and I wouldn't expect anything less from you) but I was hoping for something more constructive and concrete. I feel that gold is fast approaching (as fast as work and a relationship will allow) and I need to improve my knifing and avoidance skills in general, fast!

The first thing you need to do, is buy a Turtle Beach headset so you can hear people running up behind you. It's not fool proof but certainly helps a lot.

Always keep moving, never stop, force them to shoot you instead of knifing you! Garv generally only ever seems to stab me when I stop or slow down to aim at someone else.

Perhaps try practicing a technique I call "fishing." Purposely run around and try and get your prey to chase you. Then lead them into an ambush or an area that you know you can get the drop on them. Works especially well if you have a partner in crime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Getting too much lag to play tonight.

Getting too much lag to play tonight.

That's interesting because I had a horrible time earlier this afternoon with lag and decided to pack it in after about an hour of getting very frustrated.

Hopefully it's just a temporary hicup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

That's interesting because I had a horrible time earlier this afternoon with lag and decided to pack it in after about an hour of getting very frustrated.

Hopefully it's just a temporary hicup

I got kicked back to the xbox menu a few times to day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Am pretty sure its my digiweb connection. It gets ropey sometimes in bad weather like todays weather.

The first thing you need to do, is buy a Turtle Beach headset so you can hear people running up behind you. It's not fool proof but certainly helps a lot.

Always keep moving, never stop, force them to shoot you instead of knifing you! Garv generally only ever seems to stab me when I stop or slow down to aim at someone else.

partner in crime!

bull sh!te:D:D
    ive no headset and ive knifed loads of people and manage to hear them chasing me and just tell them to shoot me coz i aint stopping ;)

nah headsets are good, i wouldnt be knifed yet if i had one ;):p:p
    but i still do good defending my tags without them.

thats the best time. follow them till they have to stop to shoot.
    lads wont be seen much of me on lately.
    ive the xbox up ere with me in limerick but the internet is sh!teeeeee
    broadband my arse, cant even watch a video on youtube. takes about a minute to load 1 second of video on it.
    and i couldn't join the party either. think it was the nat on the router though.
    think its eircom. dial up would be faster.
    must make sum complaints since we were promised free fast broasband

partner in crime!

ive no headset and ive knifed loads of people and manage to hear them chasing me and just tell them to shoot me coz i aint stopping ;)

broadband my arse, cant even watch a video on youtube. takes about a minute to load 1 second of video on it.
    and i couldn't join the party either. think it was the nat on the router though.

• Advertisement

You should be able to access the router to sort the NAT settings, probably still has all the default usernames and passwords.

You might even be able to tweak the QoS settings in the router to give your xbox priority over everyone using the connection.

You should be able to access the router to sort the NAT settings, probably still has all the default usernames and passwords.

You might even be able to tweak the QoS settings in the router to give your xbox priority over everyone using the connection.

you might moose ha. just you though.
    ah tis our own intellinet router. twasnt used at home so i took it with me. cyco has mine i have his, hmm how did i get robbed there. :confused:

ive the router up now but i havent a clue what to do or what any of the crap means.

you might moose ha. just you though.
    ah tis our own intellinet router. twasnt used at home so i took it with me. cyco has mine i have his, hmm how did i get robbed there. :confused:

ive the router up now but i havent a clue what to do or what any of the crap means.

go to www.portforward.com it's a great site that will walk you through opening the NAT settings for your xbox.

Also, do a speed test on your broadband at www.irishisptest.com it'll tell you what your connection is like.

go to www.portforward.com it's a great site that will walk you through opening the NAT settings for your xbox.

Also, do a speed test on your broadband at www.irishisptest.com it'll tell you what your connection is like.

site wouldnt work but "my broadband speed" said my download speed was 91 kps and upload speed was 9 kps.

Finished the night at 2.32 am out of sheer boredom.
    Trial officially ended at 9:45pm ish
    Kicked from the party at 10:30 pm ish

no he's being serious colin has been doing everything he can to annoy me lately outta boredom, one o the drawbacks of having to tvs in the one room

no he's being serious colin has been doing everything he can to annoy me lately outta boredom, one o the drawbacks of having to tvs in the one room

That must get quite annoying, have you come to blows yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I'd like to apologize to Failsafe,Brokensniper,Kev and Tricks because we couldn't start a party last night due to Shoveltooth. But he's gone never to return (well until Halo Reach anyway and that will be his brother) We ended up playing against one guy for a whole match because shoveltooth couldn't join a squad,luckly for him more joined the next game.

That must get quite annoying, have you come to blows yet?

ha ha ha nah, Wouldn't wanna hurt the poor chap:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

So THATS why I couldnt kill Royal Irish.... a digiweb connection!!! :) :P

I uploaded those vids from Friday. Its a work in progress i was just using a cheap capture card, have a HD pvr capture on order so should look better whenever i get that in the post for next time.

Anyways the vids are here (again a tad blurry but watchable enough for a first effort)

http://xcontrolledchaosx.webs.com/apps/videos/

Had a few suggestions from all clans after friday so heres what I'm thinking:

Alternating a friday one week, saturday the next match-day

No stdm. You cant private match on that gametype, no point.

Bigger squads. min 8 man private matches for all games. Even if that means mixed clans or someone subbing for your clan.

To win a rush round you must win both attack and defend on the same map(there was some confusion over this doing it as one game only so just going to keep it as per the multiplayer servers have it)

Some weeks we will do a conquest instead of a rush week. I know alot of you guys arent interested but welcome to jump in that week for the laugh if you like. Its only friendlies and just trying to keep everyone happy.

So for this week its going to be on on Saturday. And to ensure it doesnt go on till 4 in the morning we will ask everyone to be online for 9pm to know what the craic is.

Anyways always open to suggestions so send us a msg on live if you think of something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement