Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

pugleon wrote: »
    So THATS why I couldnt kill Royal Irish.... a digiweb connection!!! :) :P

To win a rush round you must win both attack and defend on the same map(there was some confusion over this doing it as one game only so just going to keep it as per the multiplayer servers have it)

My connection was great friday night so that wasnt the reason you couldnt kill me. Maybe you were firing blanks.

I agree with this about rush. Any team who only attacks on one round and then exits the game is seen as a surrender and the other team win by default.

Another one we might want to take into consideration is banning the use of C4 on all air vehicles to blow up the comm stations.

Its very annoying when your up against a talentless team that dont know how to play the game properly and use these tactics from start to finish.

I'd be very disappointed if any of the IRL clan players played the game like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

My connection was great friday night so that wasnt the reason you couldnt kill me. Maybe you were firing blanks.

I agree with this about rush. Any team who only attacks on one round and then exits the game is seen as a surrender and the other team win by default.

Another one we might want to take into consideration is banning the use of C4 on all air vehicles to blow up the comm stations.

Its very annoying when your up against a talentless team that dont know how to play the game properly and use these tactics from start to finish.

I'd be very disappointed if any of the IRL clan players played the game like this.
    Spoken like a true diplomat Royal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Way ahead of you Royal already sent him that message saying it would be a better game all round if there was no C4 on any vehicles or the Mcom Station

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pugleon

Nah defo that dodgy digiweb. Get a dsl mate that was shockin. And I wasnt the only one sayin it :P Point to multipoint microwave, may as well be a 3g card in the middle of nowhere for the amount of drops in packets, jumps in latency etc. I had it myself a few years ago hopeless broadband...

Thats not actually fraggednation rules which is what I will be pushing it towards once the bugs are ironed out. So Im not sure where that standard is coming from?? Its normally a draw via forum or party chat, one game, and a result. It was explained to all clan captains, as was the rule about c4 (as in, there are no rules anything goes) so sorry about any confusion there. But definately see the advantage of playing it def. and attacking on the same map so will try to make it work no worries.

The problem is it could take up to 1hr 20mins? max to play it both ways if people are camping. If you have eight clans playing that night. Thats a potential 5 and a half hours tournament time, not to mention the waiting in between matches trying to get everyone into the match which can take as long some times. It was over a half hour before we got our match going that night if you remember. Start time 10pm... could be an all nighter! :P

Yeah may well do that the next time with C4. Although the less rules in it the less people seem to complain but can mix it up week to week I suppose. It is part of the game

• Advertisement

My connection looked alright when I was killing yourself on the youtube video.

I say we all just shoot online saturday night at about 9pm and do a 12v12 rush match.

Its what most people enjoy playing and each game shouldnt take too long.

i see my name on it a lot as well;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

It was over a half hour before we got our match going that night if you remember. Start time 10pm... could be an all nighter! :P

Agreed but it didn't help that I had to find a forth team in five minutes or we could only have 2 teams and considering that it was our first week we can put it down to teething problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

c4 should be allowed to be planted on mcom stations for two reasons.
    1. the players has to actually get to the mcom stations to plant it. Alot harder than just flying/driving to it. Then they have to run away again and not be killed
    2.Booby traps are very much real and games are starting to reflect this eg the body bomb in the moh trailer.

Thats why you should be allowed to plant in on the stations.

We should get Miss Laois 2010 into their party chat to distract them.

• Advertisement

if shes going to be any where she be with us she be dameged goods (if shes not all ready)if we pass here around

1. the players has to actually get to the mcom stations to plant it. Alot harder than just flying/driving to it. Then they have to run away again and not be killed
    2.Booby traps are very much real and games are starting to reflect this eg the body bomb in the moh trailer.

]

I agree with this. Its just the Jihadist mentality that I dont like. I remember in our game on Isla Inocentes they stayed in their base and just waited for the UAV and choppers to respawn and just kept flying them into the comm stations. Thats no way to play the game. Anyone who plays like that and wins should feel as if its a hollow victory. Kinda like france getting through to the world cup against Ireland.

Cue Alabama accent.........What are ya boys a bunch a muslims?

If you look at the vids closely (and thats just my on my screen this was happening for all my squad) theres white x'ing to you and little or no damage to your health when i then died from your shots. theres just NO reason for having a crappy broadband provider these days, youd have to be living out in the bogs not to be able to get dsl/cable coverage.

As for that other comment, rubbish. Last stage we hacked you out of it, no disarms by you. Just epic fails. But sure look it, plenty of time to get used to the format and its only a friendly after all. Next week maybe were the ones complaining about the loss :)

Ok then for next saturday no vehicle c4ing to mcom stations period. And see how it goes. 8v8 on rush hardcore. Random maps picked on the night, team capt. in party for the draw. Attack and defend (both ways on same map drawn). Subs and grouping clans so as to make up the 8 man squad allowed if needed. How we sounding so far? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

agreed.
    Squad rush wasnt too bad the other night. games are fast enough too. no need to worry about randomers joining either and for sum reason on private rush people seem to be able to get into it.
    happened us a few times.

a few or ye're players wernt happy about raze c4'n the base but we only blew up one out of four with c4 and when that blew it was armed for ages and all 4 of us were covering it.
    they gave out about c4 but yet they had a guy with explosive damage on standing at the base firing rockets at it instead of arming it. if c4 is banned then that means firing rockets at the base shouldnt be alowed or mortar striking them so i think you should leave it the way it is because you'll have fewer people complaining.

Oh and if i wanna put a mosque at ground zero then who are you to tell me no!

allahu ackbar!!!!!!!

*just kiddin*

garv123 wrote: »
    agreed.
    Squad rush wasnt too bad the other night. games are fast enough too. no need to worry about randomers joining either and for sum reason on private rush people seem to be able to get into it.
    happened us a few times.

a few or ye're players wernt happy about raze c4'n the base but we only blew up one out of four with c4 and when that blew it was armed for ages and all 4 of us were covering it.
    they gave out about c4 but yet they had a guy with explosive damage on standing at the base firing rockets at it instead of arming it. if c4 is banned then that means firing rockets at the base shouldnt be alowed or mortar striking them so i think you should leave it the way it is because you'll have fewer people complaining.
    While I agree with whats said I feel this has to be said.

Shut up Garv!! :P

agreed.
    if c4 is banned then that means firing rockets at the base shouldnt be alowed or mortar striking them so i think you should leave it the way it is because you'll have fewer people complaining.

Tend to agree, whats next to ban ya know? It could get outta hand banning, adding more n more rules etc. If its in the game its in the game if ya ask me. But sure we'll give it a bash without c4 on vehicles and if it works n people r happy great :)

oh not game related but if you can get yer hands on a film called four lions. It's ****in ace

oh not game related but if you can get yer hands on a film called four lions. It's ****in ace

Yeah it looks good alright.

Tend to agree, whats next to ban ya know? It could get outta hand banning, adding more n more rules etc. If its in the game its in the game if ya ask me. But sure we'll give it a bash without c4 on vehicles and if it works n people r happy great :)

I personally feel that Jihadist suicide attacks should be the only thing banned. Garv if someone is firing rockets at the comm station its up to us to take him out. But with UAVs and choppers flying in at speed while the pilot is shouting "Allah Akbar" and dreaming of all the virgins waiting for him, thats near impossible to defend. If we allowed it, then it will be a win for every attacking team, which will just take the competitiveness out of it.

Lets just keep the game simple and enjoyable. Lets just set a date for the next match and do one big game of rush and get it organized quickly without any draws or any of that kinda stuff.

• Advertisement

While I agree with whats said I feel this has to be said.

Shut up Garv!! :P
    funny man :p
    ammm you could do with banning grenades too;), they do damage to the mcom and if you fire 1000 of them they'll blow it up.:p:p
    oh and maybe you should stop people from arming them too coz that blows em up too:p:p

nah but i do agree that c4 on vehicles should be banned. in all fairness it takes forever to blow up the mcom. 12 c4 with explosive damage. so surely someone would watch the base or anyone near it would hear the guy covering it with c4.

on another unrelated matter im sittin ere looking out the window in limerick and in the last 20 minutes 5 travellers are after passing on horses.
    was that you dunworth? he was shouting and it sounded like you

Lets just keep the game simple and enjoyable. Lets just set a date for the next match and do one big game of rush and get it organized quickly without any draws or any of that kinda stuff.

We'll do that as well. But a ladder match as its called is handy enough and can be organised anytime, we've always got 8-10 people on playin bfbc2 from our clan as do you guys. But a clan friendly (tournament) takes a bit of organising given different teams, diff countries etc etc. So with that said. Saturday. 9pm draw. 10pm sharp kick off. Hopefully 4 teams of eight (or more) including yourselves.

No vehcile c4ing mcom stations. Anything else goes. Rush hardcore private match. 8v8. Both ways (attack/defend same map drawn). See if that improves things for everyone?

Garv if someone is firing rockets at the comm station its up to us to take him out. draws or any of that kinda stuff.

took me up wrong there royal. im sayin c4 and rockets are they were complaining about c4 but thought it was ok to hit it with rockets. both should be allowed
    and i did take him out doing it... alottt:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

on another unrelated matter im sittin ere looking out the window in limerick and in the last 20 minutes 5 travellers are after passing on horses.

nope i dont have a horse :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

But what is a captain without his trusty steed?

If you look at the vids closely (and thats just my on my screen this was happening for all my squad) theres white x'ing to you and little or no damage to your health when i then died from your shots. theres just NO reason for having a crappy broadband provider these days, youd have to be living out in the bogs not to be able to get dsl/cable coverage.

As for that other comment, rubbish. Last stage we hacked you out of it, no disarms by you. Just epic fails. But sure look it, plenty of time to get used to the format and its only a friendly after all. Next week maybe were the ones complaining about the loss :)

Ok then for next saturday no vehicle c4ing to mcom stations period. And see how it goes. 8v8 on rush hardcore. Random maps picked on the night, team capt. in party for the draw. Attack and defend (both ways on same map drawn). Subs and grouping clans so as to make up the 8 man squad allowed if needed. How we sounding so far? :)

the reason we did not defend the last mcoms is that we thought we would be attacking next and we would sort ye out then,that has being sorted out now so bring on sat night

was that you dunworth? he was shouting and it sounded like you[/QUOTE]

are ya sure you new digs are not in a haulting site with all the gippo's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Way ahead of you Royal already sent him that message saying it would be a better game all round if there was no C4 on any vehicles or the Mcom Station

C4 on the mcom station I can live with as if your close enough to arm / C4 then it's the other teams fault for not defending properly anyways.

C4 on vehicles though is a big no , no IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

naughto wrote: »
    the reason we did not defend the last mcoms is that we thought we would be attacking next and we would sort ye out then,that has being sorted out now so bring on sat night

(At the risk of sounding like Shoveltooth)

I shall be coming out of retirement for Saturday night's matches, God help all ye who oppose me, I shall smite down all who stand in my way and smoke a cigar upon the mound of dismembered bodies in honour of their passing :D

I can't wait to use my favourite weapons again, I'm really not enjoying some of these weapons I've yet to platinum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

miju wrote: »
    C4 on the mcom station I can live with as if your close enough to arm / C4 then it's the other teams fault for not defending properly anyways.

C4 on vehicles though is a big no , no IMO

I agree

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement