Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

In my opinion it was my internet connection that let the clan down. It just went before the match but I got it working again for the second but couldnt get into party chat. I hit the com station with six rockets and seeing as I wasnt in the party I couldnt get ammo. I sent Dunworth a voice message but it was too late.

Just goes to show how important a mic is when playing against other clans.

One good thing to take out of it was the games against the other clan. We kicked ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭I use the name izambard here also.

The first thing you need to do, is buy a Turtle Beach headset so you can hear people running up behind you. It's not fool proof but certainly helps a lot.

Just bought the Turtle Beach Ear Force x41's (complete impulse buy, went in to Gamestop to enquire if they stocked Turtle Beach; left with the x41's) and I'm very impressed*. Stabby, stabby, stabby.

On a completely related topic the girlfriend will also be happy not to hear the cacophony of war at three in the morning! Everyone's a winner.

Also this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCiOzL7cYs
    If you've seen it I do apologise for the dual post, but this is hilarious!

*My impressions of the x41's are completely baseless as this is the first headset of this kind that I've purchased!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCiOzL7cYs
    If you've seen it I do apologise for the dual post, but this is hilarious!

And I thought I had a bad habit of cursing on XBL, I feel much better about myself now :D
    One good thing to take out of it was the games against the other clan. We kicked ass.

Yeah we certainly kicked ass against the first team. Nearly had them out of respawns on two different bases when we were defending but the most impressive was our attacking game. It was very aggressive, very fast and they never got a chance to set themselves up defensively.

Capasso told me that the trick about us landing directly on the beach at B on the first base completely took them by surprise. They were all heading out on the wings expecting us to sneak around and went into a complete panic when they had to rush back to the middle but it was too late by then, I'd already blown it up.

The conquest round was also a brilliant brawl. Can't remember witnessing a comeback like that before. The heavy armour/repair was the key to that victory.

As for the final. Perhaps the break was a mistake. We were on such a buzz after the last few games, we should have rolled with the momentum. From a tactical point of view, we never really got ourselves organised into a coherent defense and allowed them to steal our Apache and took ages to shoot it down. We spread ourselves too thin across the ground and didn't maximize on our heavy armour, air power or defense against theres. When attacking, again we weren't working together too well and made a meal of taking down B station. I do think that if we had gotten past that section we would have settled down and started playing much better.

Overall, I think we had a lot of fun. It was very enjoyable and we did ourselves proud. I'll certainly remember the first three games for the rest of my gaming days as the best craic I've had in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

here kev throw up your tramp stamp there in that thread

• Advertisement

show the 1 u have on your right wrist first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ah jesus it's in that thread somewhere hang on and I'll have a look

*added attchment*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

naughto wrote: »
    show the 1 u have on your right wrist first

That's just embarassing! How would you feel if some randomer had a picture of you tattooed on himself.... little freaky :D

ill post it 2morrow dont have a recent pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Capasso told me that the trick about us landing directly on the beach at B on the first base completely took them by surprise. They were all heading out on the wings expecting us to sneak around and went into a complete panic when they had to rush back to the middle but it was too late by then, I'd already blown it up.

The conquest round was also a brilliant brawl. Can't remember witnessing a comeback like that before. The heavy armour/repair was the key to that victory.

As for the final. Perhaps the break was a mistake. We were on such a buzz after the last few games, we should have rolled with the momentum. From a tactical point of view, we never really got ourselves organised into a coherent defense and allowed them to steal our Apache and took ages to shoot it down. We spread ourselves too thin across the ground and didn't maximize on our heavy armour, air power or defense against theres. When attacking, again we weren't working together too well and made a meal of taking down B station. I do think that if we had gotten past that section we would have settled down and started playing much better.

Overall, I think we had a lot of fun. It was very enjoyable and we did ourselves proud. I'll certainly remember the first three games for the rest of my gaming days as the best craic I've had in years.

Good description Moose, i have to say i really enjoyed the evening also.
    The waiting around was a pain but good banter while we where waiting.

Come the final i was playing crap, we did not know what map it was till the last minute plus i was trying to keep me eyes open at 1:30 in the morning.The aul concentration levels where not there.that's my excuse anyway:D

Over all it was an enjoyable evening and great experience gained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Had a few games yesterday with the regulars and the amount of times I was team killed. I was flattened by a tank ( I had just spawned and the next thing I see is the bottom of the tank) he was going over a ridge at the time. Was killed by Rocket a couple of times and Sniped. On the harbour I was just behind one of the opp and just swung my knife and at the same time Dunworth shot him and to make it worse he was a level 50.
    But some good games anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

S'appenin lads, finally got registered so I can get involved in some clan matchs, show some mo'fo's the awesome power of the M95. Woot Woot.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

naughto wrote: »
    ill post it 2morrow dont have a recent pic
    Probably a tattoo of glorious leader shoveltooth :o

S'appenin lads, finally got registered so I can get involved in some clan matchs, show some mo'fo's the awesome power of the M95. Woot Woot.
    Snipers make for easy tag hunting methinks
    Post up your gamertag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Snipers make for easy tag hunting methinks
    Post up your gamertag

gameertag is his username

dunworth1 wrote: »
    gameertag is his username
    It could have differed

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I spent ages yesterday trying to get the Stationary RPG helicopter acheivement. I tried Valpariaso and like the rest of you said, I kept getting wasted as soon as I stook my head on top of the buildings or cabins. I gave up on that map and eventually got to Isla Innocentes. I got it on first try on that map. It took 4 attempts during that match, but I had my bit of luck here as those few moments between chopper appearing coincided with all opposing wookies being dead. Also got the Chopper road Kill achievement - that one really pisses people on your team who see you being a fool flying the chopper about so low.

Some good games last night. There was a group of us against a team of mostly higher level players on Arica Harbour and we were outnumbred too. Was a good game but they eventually stopped us.

Looking at your stats it seems you are exclusively a sniper..... Welcome to the clan a better version of naughtokev :D

cant find the the cable to up load the pic from the digatal camera for the tat raze.thinking if geting this one next

[IMG][/img]36829960.jpg

Had a few games yesterday with the regulars and the amount of times I was team killed...Was killed by Rocket a couple of times....But some good games anyway.

I'll put my hand up for one of those rockets!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Looking at your stats it seems you are exclusively a sniper..... Welcome to the clan a better version of naughtokev :D

it'll be a quick initiation for him to the clan so :) :)Haven't been on much with training and work etc, etc. Played for about 30mins earlier and god I was rusty will be on tonight though so the rust will have blown off by then :D

Did the c4 uav /vehicles ban work well on saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Did the c4 uav /vehicles ban work well on saturday?

yes they games were much better the team were force to go and arm the mcom themselves which kept the games going longer and gave the defenders a chance to defend it

shovelhope.th.jpg

I kind of miss* the dude. He was really welcoming to me when I joined the clan.

*miss here is being used to illustrate the fact that I miss the opportunity to stab him in the back! HOPE references my hope that the aforementioned situation will be rectified quickly!

shovelhope.th.jpg

*miss here is being used to illustrate the fact that I miss the opportunity to stab him in the back! Hope references my hope that the aforementioned situation will be rectified quickly!
    Wizembard speaks the truth !!
    I welcomed him into this clan and did not judge his nazi clan past (ss).
    His malleability into my propaganda machine ( a job moose declined) is a remarkable success story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

shovelhope.th.jpg

*miss here is being used to illustrate the fact that I miss the opportunity to stab him in the back! HOPE references my hope that the aforementioned situation will be rectified quickly!

Well now that Halo is within Reach he could be back online or rather his brother will need xbox live so he can play it.

Wizembard speaks the truth !!
    I welcomed him into this clan and did not judge his nazi clan past (ss).
    His malleability into my propaganda machine ( a job moose declined) is a remarkable success story

Don't make me regret that picture!

I should be on the battlefield from 7pm.

Also anyone know the name of the battlefield stats website. I had a google there and found one, but its not the one that shows what weapons are close to gold stars.

I should be on the battlefield from 7pm.

Also anyone know the name of the battlefield stats website. I had a google there and found one, but its not the one that shows what weapons are close to gold stars.

http://bfbcs.com/xbox360

• Advertisement

Cheers for that Izambard.

So tonights gold stars will be the Thompson and Type 88 sniper rifle. 7 kills needed for each.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement